[3.5] Soul Mantle Dark Pact Totems - League Starter - All Content

"
kira1414 wrote:
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:

I was comparing Void Battery to Apep's, since they are both wands. Like I said, they are a bit better if you commit to Power Charges. I was also using my character as a reference (which has a lot more crit) so the resulting change in damage was a bit lower.

That is weird. I just did a POB simulation using your gear, switching to Void Battery + Inya (with 120% crit chance enchant) and getting 7 power charges, your damage jumped from 326K to 375K.

You can take a look at this POB pastebin based on your profile.

I wasn't using Inya's in my calculations, they make a bit of a difference actually.

For reference: https://pastebin.com/YwR5KmEh
I added two skill trees (you can change them in the bottom), compare the following:

1) Apep's, Tree 1, enchanted Boots, no Power Charges = 312k DPS
2) Void Battery, Tree 2, no Boots, Power Charges = 323k DPS

The difference is so minor that I personally wouldn't run a PCoC Setup for it. Inya's add some Power Charge consistency and extra damage so a single one is probably worth it then.

But I guess you can see how ridiculous the damage spikes once you add a second VB.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:

I wasn't using Inya's in my calculations, they make a bit of a difference actually.

For reference: https://pastebin.com/YwR5KmEh
I added two skill trees (you can change them in the bottom), compare the following:

1) Apep's, Tree 1, enchanted Boots, no Power Charges = 312k DPS
2) Void Battery, Tree 2, no Boots, Power Charges = 323k DPS

The difference is so minor that I personally wouldn't run a PCoC Setup for it.

Using your pastebin, switching from skill tree 1 and 2, Apep vs Void Battery with power charges, the damage difference should be 312K vs 353K (I feel it is only fair to include the boots in the comparison).

When you switch Kaom's Root to Inya (with same lab enchantment), the damage goes all the way to 375K.

With that, it clearly shows that even though with 1 x Void Battery + 7 power charges, the boots enchantment will still greatly benefit the damage output.

"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
Inya's add some Power Charge consistency and extra damage so a single one is probably worth it then.

But I guess you can see how ridiculous the damage spikes once you add a second VB.

And yes, my earlier input was based on Inya + Void Battery combo and not just Void Battery alone. As you can see, using your pastebin alone, the damage increase is huge when you combo those 2 items. That is only with 1 x Void Battery. Like you said, the damage is ridiculous when it comes to dual wielding Void Battery with Inya (519K).

The consistency when it comes to maintaining full power charges is huge when you add Inya into the equation.

So I would definitely say your current build is very suitable for Inya + Void Battery (dual wield or not). :)
Last edited by kira1414 on Sep 24, 2017, 8:28:26 AM
"
Using your pastebin, switching from skill tree 1 and 2, Apep vs Void Battery with power charges, the damage difference should be 312K vs 353K (I feel it is only fair to include the boots in the comparison).

I don't see how you could make use of the enchant and Power Charges at the same time unless I'm missing something here (Hierophant obviously bypasses this).

"
So I would definitely say your current build is very suitable for Inya + Void Battery (dual wield or not).

I added it to the FAQ already.
Builds and Guides:
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:

I don't see how you could make use of the enchant and Power Charges at the same time unless I'm missing something here (Hierophant obviously bypasses this).

From what I see, the boots enchantment work hand in hand with power charges.

When you don't crit, you get more crit chance. This enables Orb of Storms + Power Charge on Crit to provide maximum charges in the shortest amount of time when you use it together with Inya.

EDIT: Not to forget, Inya gives 5% increased damage per charge. Even with just 1 x Void Battery, 7 charges = 35% increased damage just from the boots.

Also, the key is not just Void Battery alone. It is Inya + Void Battery to maximize damage. :)
Last edited by kira1414 on Sep 24, 2017, 8:55:20 AM
I did another update to the skill tree (sorry for everyone currently leveling :<) and the guide in general. I underestimated the Scion's starting Jewel socket (and the minor bonuses), but it's a bit more efficient than going for Throatseeker (even though it's really strong).

I also added a clear choice between MoM and non-MoM with explanations.

I don't think the current tree can be improved in a min-maxing sense, only if you want to subjectively go for more EHP/Damage/Clearspeed.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Sep 24, 2017, 4:01:10 PM
I'm just leveling (level 45) and i'd like to know if i can change the passive skill tree starting point to follow MoM tree?

If not, do i have to start again a new character?
"
coubi64 wrote:
I'm just leveling (level 45) and i'd like to know if i can change the passive skill tree starting point to follow MoM tree?

If not, do i have to start again a new character?

You can change it by skilling the left starting point (mana) and then refunding the bottom starting point (resists). You should get enough refund points to not need orbs of regret.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Sep 25, 2017, 3:32:39 AM
Hi Shep,

Thanks for guiding me (a member of your flock).

I'm still leveling (currently lvl 60). The damage is good and I only died 2x so far (both on boss battles because I was careless). The leveling to lvl 49 was good but I didn't switch to Firestorm or FlameBlast. I stuck to FrostBolt since the damage was better than Firestorm and I started using Dark Pact around lvl 35-38 (adding Added Chaos Damage, Controlled Destruction and Spell Totem). This made leveling somewhat smoother (and did roughly the same damage as the Fire Totem).

So far so good. I'm using a 4-link Soul Mantle since this is one of my first chars this league (and I don't have enough currency - 10c at the moment). Hoping to get leveled further and progress into the game. I completed Normal and "Cruel" labs without any issue. Izaro went down like a sack of potatoes. I'm considering going Hierophant instead of Guardian just because I feel (at this point) the 20% curse effects on me are negligible.

I wish someone could post an optimal tree that uses extra power charges to pump damage. At my current level, I have about ~3k tooltip DPS in town but eventually want to make this into a boss killer. Potentially getting the double void batteries. I use a shield now and shield charge for my movement skill but dexterity is an issue and I need another 20 or so to equip my Divinarius in a few levels.
hi SHEPUUURD,

im using this build right now and realy fun.im new in this game.could u explain why did u use lvl 10 arcane surge and "0" quality gem on this build ? it looks good gem(spell dmg+cast speed+mana regen).im playing with MoM ... im really happy with playing this build thnx so much :) <3
"
Sageone wrote:
Hi Shep,

Thanks for guiding me (a member of your flock).
You're welcome :).

"
I wish someone could post an optimal tree that uses extra power charges to pump damage. At my current level, I have about ~3k tooltip DPS in town but eventually want to make this into a boss killer.
That shouldn't be that hard, drop the least efficient damage nodes (the "Atrophy" cluster isn't that good with Void Battery) and maybe a bit of AoE (It's not that important for Bosses and the nodes aren't as strong anymore since 2.6.) and you'll have enough skillpoints for Power Charges.
Here's an example of a modified MoM tree: http://poeurl.com/bzs1

"
At my current level, I have about ~3k tooltip DPS in town but eventually want to make this into a boss killer. Potentially getting the double void batteries. I use a shield now and shield charge for my movement skill but dexterity is an issue and I need another 20 or so to equip my Divinarius in a few levels.

The tooltip is inaccurate on almost every build, especially on Dark Pact, but it's pretty ok to compare characters on the same build. I currently have 64k in town with a 6link and conc. effect, but could easily reach 3+ million Shaper DPS if I made some slight changes to my character.
For dexterity, you'll get a bit more later on after merc/uber lab. A jade amulet or jewels can help you a lot in the beginning.

"

hi SHEPUUURD,

im using this build right now and realy fun.im new in this game.could u explain why did u use lvl 10 arcane surge and "0" quality gem on this build ? it looks good gem(spell dmg+cast speed+mana regen).im playing with MoM ...

Arcane Surge gets stronger as you level it up, but it also takes more mana to activate. Level 10 felt like the sweet spot for damage and consistency (in my opinion).
Quality is a small bonus on most gems and you should get it later on. In some cases quality does nothing, so there is no sense in taking it.
For example: quality on Arcane Surge increases the damage of the linked skill, but Wither doesn't even do damage.

"
im really happy with playing this build thnx so much :) <3

<3
Builds and Guides:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info