[3.5] Soul Mantle Dark Pact Totems - League Starter - All Content

i must asking about video , i saw he got in gear gem clarity i haste but he using clear mind does not the other one exclude?? when he open aura gem will be not working good. Do not I understand something ??
"
Boozler wrote:
I'm running this and have a very similar build so far. I am wondering though if illuminated devotion might be better than divine guidance. You are looking at ~400 mana (plus the 10% damage) vs 40% spell damage and 25% AoE.

I notice if you take your PoB link and swap critical strike chance with damage your damage goes up.

Also, have you considered wither CWC Summon skeletons? It would allow your 5th totem to be DPS and a quicker application of wither (and targetable).
I think Divine Guidance is better personally, but I can see why you'd want to use it. It's not bad either.

Yeah the gem part is in the FAQ.

Previously, skeletons didn't fit the build but I think they can be worked in now. What gems would you use? Wither - CwC - Summon Skeletons - Minion Life?
The problem with that is that it would significantly weaken the Wither, so it might not be worth it in the end.
I'd say give it a shot and report back :p.

"
zbgruby wrote:
i must asking about video , i saw he got in gear gem clarity i haste but he using clear mind does not the other one exclude?? when he open aura gem will be not working good. Do not I understand something ??
It's an old video from the Scion version, she was required to run an aura.
We won't be using an aura for Hierophant.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Mar 10, 2018, 4:01:35 AM
I just have a few thoughts about the build that I wanted to run by others. I was running a flameblast totems character that I started yesterday and just today decided to switch over to dark pact. I see you're already talking about skeletons, and after looking at the first post, I was going to ask why they weren't a part of the build.

Summon Skeletons, increased duration, arcane surge, Spell Echo

This means every cast of my totems hits once, then chains twice more off the skeletons, right? The skeleton chains are a bit less damage, but it still more than doubles the DPS output if I am understanding this correctly. It also allows me to 'focus fire' of all totems on a new location without having to recast them all.

I've been using wither on a totem to free up time to spam skeletons. Because I am constantly spamming skeletons, maybe increased duration can be dropped for minion life?

Despair is only needed on bosses, so I thought linking it to arcane surge would either slow me down or would mean I never have it up when mapping. I suppose self-casting it with increased duration after setting up totems, but before spamming skeletons, is the best option. Witchfire Brew saves casting time and gem space, but having to stay in melee range and the limited duration are both big drawbacks.

Does the Illuminated Devotion leech affect your totems instead of you? I was wondering why no one was taking it in any of the totem builds.
Last edited by AranarthPoE on Mar 10, 2018, 5:06:02 AM
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:

Previously, skeletons didn't fit the build but I think they can be worked in now. What gems would you use? Wither - CwC - Summon Skeletons - Minion Life?
The problem with that is that it would significantly weaken the Wither, so it might not be worth it in the end.
I'd say give it a shot and report back :p.

Something like this.

I know some people self cast skeles too, just a matter of preference.

I took a hiero dp guy to 100 back in harbinger and in that state/version witherskele was a huge dps increase and QOL for singletarget since you can aim/follow with your dps at the moving bosses while not having to recast the totems all the time. No idea how it compares to a crit soul mantle version where totem life is higher overall. Might calc it out whenever I decide on how I'll evolve this guy, noncrit/crit, mantle/elder rare etc.

I wasn't really planning on ever making another dptotem but all these ascendancy buffs coupled with abyss and bestiary additions was too tempting so I'm revisiting the build and plan on trying various stuff out. I'm currently running the vanilla non soulmantle, noncrit, tanky dual apeps version while I figure out which route I want to go and farm up the currency for it.

The main motivation for me to ditch apeps is the lack of choice in mobility skills and no access to fortify, I miss shield charge/wb so much! I really hope we get a mobility skill rebalance next league, it's about time damnit!
Last edited by Lysithea on Mar 10, 2018, 5:26:01 AM
"
AranarthPoE wrote:
I just have a few thoughts about the build that I wanted to run by others. I was running a flameblast totems character that I started yesterday and just today decided to switch over to dark pact. I see you're already talking about skeletons, and after looking at the first post, I was going to ask why they weren't a part of the build.

Summon Skeletons, increased duration, arcane surge, Spell Echo

This means every cast of my totems hits once, then chains twice more off the skeletons, right? The skeleton chains are a bit less damage, but it still more than doubles the DPS output if I am understanding this correctly. It also allows me to 'focus fire' of all totems on a new location without having to recast them all.

I've been using wither on a totem to free up time to spam skeletons. Because I am constantly spamming skeletons, maybe increased duration can be dropped for minion life?

Despair is only needed on bosses, so I thought linking it to arcane surge would either slow me down or would mean I never have it up when mapping. I suppose self-casting it with increased duration after setting up totems, but before spamming skeletons, is the best option. Witchfire Brew saves casting time and gem space, but having to stay in melee range and the limited duration are both big drawbacks.

Does the Illuminated Devotion leech affect your totems instead of you? I was wondering why no one was taking it in any of the totem builds.
The skeletons actually don't increase the damage by that much because DP uses life to fuel it's damage. Soul Mantle makes it so that our totems have a lot more life than skeletons.

Skeletons were a bad idea in the Scion build because they'd weaken the main setup. With a Wither Totem it makes casting them take less time, which is really good. Still, I'd only use it in tougher fights.
I believe the biggest advantage of skeletons is that it adds range to the totems (like you mentioned).

Despair isn't that good against bosses because they have reduced curse effectiveness. It's main purpose is to be a quick trigger for Arcane Surge.
I'll add a Skellie setup as alternative for Despair, because it fills that spot pretty nice aswell.

Illuminated Devotion only heals your totems.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Mar 10, 2018, 5:32:58 AM
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
itakas1kbabe wrote:
it means we will use 5 dark pact totems?0o SM + 2 Asc + Ancestral + 1 Normal? or i missed smth?

and when do i need to switch for dark pact? At 72 lvl if have 2x kikazaru, SM and jewels?
5 Totems, yeah.

The transition is at level 49, when you get Soul Mantle.

"
LifeJocker wrote:
Can we use 2 self-flagellation without clear mind ? it`s work ? in pob that give 50k over dps
And can u watch my gear, maybe i need some rework
Self-Flagellation is limited to one.

Your gear looks fine mostly, though it can be upgraded (see FAQ). I recommend trying out a dagger/shield combo for Shield Charge.
On your skill tree, drop Elementalist and Light of Divinity and get to the shadow start instead. Assassination in particular is a very high DPS increase.

Now is better ?
Thanks for the responses.

You're right, a pair of skeletons would only do slightly less than 1/3rd more damage each according to PoB. It doesn't more than double as I first assumed, but you can still look at it as ~66% more multiplier on top of the benefits of range and targeting. That still seems very well worth it. It is like having a bit more than 2 extra totems if you use 4 for dark pact.

Thanks for clearing up the life leech on Illuminated Devotion. Divine Guidance for sure, then.

Also, even with the reduced effect, despair is still ~7% more damage on the Shaper. This is according to PoB again. That seems worth it to me.
Last edited by AranarthPoE on Mar 10, 2018, 2:16:47 PM
"
I also recommend getting two Apep's Rage in your weapon swap, they offer insane DPS for their budget:

When do you swap to them?
"
LifeJocker wrote:
Now is better ?
Yep. :)

"
Vakturion wrote:
"
I also recommend getting two Apep's Rage in your weapon swap, they offer insane DPS for their budget:

When do you swap to them?
When you feel like you need more damage. Mostly on (map) bosses.
Builds and Guides:
"
When you feel like you need more damage. Mostly on (map) bosses.

Thanks.

---

Is there anything that the scion does better (apart from the 100% curse reduction) than Templar?
How does it feel running a whole bunch of curses at 20%, I haven't been able to find any videos of it yet. Just worried it'll feel slow from temp chains and weak I guess.
Last edited by Vakturion on Mar 11, 2018, 11:40:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info