[3.01] [HC] Dark Pact Slayer (tanky, low cost, self cast dark pact)

Just made this recently, not recommended for those who want to stay under the 100c budget:

It cost 25c for the base armor
120chrom to color 3 blue to a 3 socket
500 jeweler's to get 4th blue and add 5th/6th sockets
450 fus for 6L
Gives right around 3k tooltip dps and far more survivability due to the 100% increased leech rate.

It is worthwhile to make this into a 5L though if you want to stay low cost, you would just need to use a similar method to making the 3 blue and then adding a 4th blue by using vorici bench (cost 10 jeweler's to add 4th socket, if not blue then use the 3 socket to revert back to your original 3 blue). With enough luck you will get the 4th blue without to much cost but it is completely RNG.
Last edited by Tome_of_exp on Sep 8, 2017, 9:14:59 PM
Just added a quick demo video for what early leveling with dark pact will look like, used non-optimal gear with shadow ascendancy (testing something at the moment :) )

If anyone has requests please feel free to ask.
What do you think of the amulet, Carnage Heart Onyx Amulet?
Its a bit pricy on HC, if you did not go for the Cherrubim's chest it would make up some of the life leech per sec rate though. You would not need it for regular farming though, any high hp/str amulet would work.
What do you think about running Blood Rage, CWDT Immortal Call setup to proc the Soul of Arakaali pantheon? I believe that it would make your leech go through the roof especially with your addition of the Cherrubim's plus it would make mapping faster with attack speed, cast speed, and 12% more damage. You lose regen but I feel like you gain much more survivability considering the pantheon would be consistently proccing giving you 50% more(?) leech stacking with all your other increased leech. Also I guess you would have to either lose your ED+Contagion setup or 2 links on wither. Anyways just a thought.

Edit: Tested in PoB, this setup does indeed give 50% more life leeched so your leech rate would go up to 4500 life leeched per second and your life regen would be 1400 while using blood rage. You could also double down on this by using the Flow Untethered belt which would give an additional 20% but not sure if that is worth losing 700 hp.
Last edited by byourself on Sep 10, 2017, 6:41:24 AM
That is a very interesting consideration, i suppose the only issue is that you would need to also be poison/ignite immune to ensure you stop all forms of damage over time. Would have to look into it a bit more but that does sound very solid.

i`m interessted so change to this build (atm berserker darkpact build) and i`ve read about the blood rage gem. So please could you explain to me, how this should be working? Blood Rage leeches a percentage of physical attack damage and we are doing none ? or am i completly wrong with the skill explaination
So blood rage does physical damage to you over time, that physical damage is nullified by immortal call (can use all 3 in a cast on damage taken 3-4 link). This then activates the Soul of Arakaali pantheon.
Last edited by Tome_of_exp on Sep 12, 2017, 5:22:21 AM
@ Tome_of_exp: Thanks a lot ! and how is the life leech proc of blood rage? it says 1.4 % of your physical attack damage, but we do no physical attack damage, so no lifeleech from blood rage ?!
Ya that 1.4% phys life leech would just be wasted unfortunately, no way to really use that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info