[Not quite 3.7] A Simple Cleaver (Beginner friendly, SSF-viable, Much Explanation)

"
Stonesinew wrote:
"
A Simple Cleaver : A wordy guide
4. No changes to Duelist, Gladiator or Cleave in Version 3.3, so it should be good to go even now.

Hi

I wonder if there are any changes in the build for the delve league?

Nope, no changes to Duelist or Gladiator.
No mechanical or number changes to Cleave.
Actually... Cleave now looks better, so the build is probably even better now! :D
"
Scythless wrote:
"
Stonesinew wrote:
"
A Simple Cleaver : A wordy guide
4. No changes to Duelist, Gladiator or Cleave in Version 3.3, so it should be good to go even now.

Hi

I wonder if there are any changes in the build for the delve league?

Nope, no changes to Duelist or Gladiator.
No mechanical or number changes to Cleave.
Actually... Cleave now looks better, so the build is probably even better now! :D

Thanks for the quick answer!

At the moment I am only level 40, but having already quite fun with this build!
I love this build thanks for sharing and keeping it updated!
i'm a SSF noob and wanted a good build to try it out for delve and am running this. So far I really like it. I've kind of ignored the charged dash since I had some lucky Axe drops and have just run Cleave the whole way. Through A6 so far and haven't had any real troubles other than being dumb.

I normally play HC but wanted to try SSF on SC. I haven't ripped yet, and have only come close from being impatient. Definitely think it's HC viable (so far).
update, went through a10 kitava and only died once to my own stupidity (corpse explosion boss in the quay, never died to that before).

definetly think its HC viable, but you do need to play smart. i never really used charged dash or whirling blades, as i preferred to leap slam around places. i chose warchief over protector because...not sure, i've just always used warchief :/. really only used cleave, leap slam, and warchief. had stone golem, grace, and hearld of purity up. tried to farm a Tabula in Blood Aqueduct for Kitava, but ended up getting bored and just rushing him.

here's the gear I had on (SSF):

skill tree was a bit different, but mainly picking up life and damage. got super lucky with resists so didn't pick up the 3 +18 resists before the kitava penalty.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAAHcA4cFLQlYCpsR1RQgFSAV7Bm0Gj4brSFgKCos6S2DLlMxnjH7Mgk1kjXvOd067T0AQzFD50SeR35KyE3jUEdTu1eXXz9gQWNwZU1ngGxGbNhttG6qbztybHTtdPF343gNeWh673sUf-OBQYGbhNmE74azivCLT5S4lWaVzJd5my2jiqZXqAepbrXyuR29Nr54vqe_1cAawQTBi8SCypDTb9N-0_zYvdrB26fkUecK6UbtP-4O7w7vevIv9qP5Y_6P?accountName=jonke&characterName=SoloSelfMasturbate

Haven't done merc lab, though i'll probably just follow the guide on it. i want to see how far this can get pushed in SSF, but i may end up needing to chance some uniques to get enough DPS for red maps. we'll see :D.

all in all its definitely a fun build, and very easy to play SC. HC and SSF are definitely do-able, but not for beginners IMO.
i tried to explore the items in game and build this set with nearly identical item builds hehe.. can you please judge please? :) if i remember correctly i get 40k++ basic dmg for cleave.

i'm level 64 glad

Hey there, I'm a new player and I've been trying out your build. I'm heading towards level 70 and looking to get my map gear out, but from what I've seen on POE Trade most of the stuff you have is pretty expensive. Are there any cheaper alternatives nowadays that you recommend that could do roughly the same trick?
"
mode_ia wrote:
Hey there, I'm a new player and I've been trying out your build. I'm heading towards level 70 and looking to get my map gear out, but from what I've seen on POE Trade most of the stuff you have is pretty expensive. Are there any cheaper alternatives nowadays that you recommend that could do roughly the same trick?

The gear I have is mostly self found and actually not that incredible.
You don't have to look for exactly the same stats on exactly the same items.
All in all, you just have to look for life and max your resists in some way.
The boots don't have to have a lot of movespeed (or any at all).
You do not need 100 Life per Item + resists.

You can just get one item with a lot of resists and another without resists and a good amount of life.
The first item you should look for would be the belt. Good belts with life and resistances are quite cheap.

Damage on Rings and Gloves is always expensive, so skip that if you don't have money to spare.
"
Scythless wrote:
"
mode_ia wrote:

The gear I have is mostly self found and actually not that incredible.
You don't have to look for exactly the same stats on exactly the same items.
All in all, you just have to look for life and max your resists in some way.
The boots don't have to have a lot of movespeed (or any at all).
You do not need 100 Life per Item + resists.

You can just get one item with a lot of resists and another without resists and a good amount of life.
The first item you should look for would be the belt. Good belts with life and resistances are quite cheap.

Damage on Rings and Gloves is always expensive, so skip that if you don't have money to spare.

Yeah I guess I was looking too hard at those perfect stats. Haha yeah I just realised that there's different stuff that's cheaper too.

For the build, do you really need the balance of evasion + armor, I'm thinking about skipping the extra evasion on gear because of the evasion aura, is that a bad idea?
"
mode_ia wrote:

Yeah I guess I was looking too hard at those perfect stats. Haha yeah I just realised that there's different stuff that's cheaper too.

For the build, do you really need the balance of evasion + armor, I'm thinking about skipping the extra evasion on gear because of the evasion aura, is that a bad idea?

You don't really need to balance armour and evasion.
I just took whatever had the better stats for life and resistances.
It's nice to have a decent amount in one or both of evasion and armour, but life and resistances is more preferred.
So if you have the choice of more HP and less Evasion/Armour take the HP.
Except when you get only single digit health over triple digit evasion/armour.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info