[3.10] Akumas Sunder - THE League Starter Budget - Can do all content.

"
What MichielH wrote seems good.

The prefix with phys to elemental damage counts for all attacks.
Since the build is a pure phys in the background you will never want pure "elemental" bonuses as the elemental damage is defined by our phys damage. Any flat or % elemental or chaos damage is completely useless for us.

Not sure I understand... Do you mean my offhand? It is adding additional damage through 2 prefix mods:
"Gain 39% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage."
"Gain 32% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage."

These 2 traits have brought up my tooltip dps on sunder by over 35k, and my dps in PoB by much more because it is additional elemental damage scaling off of all my physical damage.

Am I understanding this wrong and/or is PoB/Tooltip misleading me? It feels like I am dealing a lot more damage now than I was with Prismatic Eclipse

If that's all ok, I would think that increasing my physical damage by a % would by extension also benefit my stat-stick offhand's extra elemental dmg traits... Just not sure if that would beat out attack speed on the jewels in the end.
Last edited by Leiwolong1515 on Apr 9, 2018, 12:18:18 PM
"
Leiwolong1515 wrote:
"
What MichielH wrote seems good.

The prefix with phys to elemental damage counts for all attacks.
Since the build is a pure phys in the background you will never want pure "elemental" bonuses as the elemental damage is defined by our phys damage. Any flat or % elemental or chaos damage is completely useless for us.

Not sure I understand... Do you mean my offhand? It is adding additional damage through 2 prefix mods:

These 2 traits have brought up my tooltip dps on sunder by over 35k, and my dps in PoB by much more because it is additional elemental damage scaling off of all my physical damage.

Am I understanding this wrong and/or is PoB/Tooltip misleading me? It feels like I am dealing a lot more damage now than I was with Prismatic Eclipse

If that's all ok, I would think that increasing my physical damage by a % would by extension also benefit my stat-stick offhand's extra elemental dmg traits... Just not sure if that would beat out attack speed on the jewels in the end.

what offhand weapon are u using? must realise that prismatic gives u 8% block chance. anyway, i got a claw that gives both physical do elemental + 9% block after ur comment. thanks!
everyday trying something new
Last edited by raulrex1994 on Apr 9, 2018, 1:23:14 PM
"
raulrex1994 wrote:

what offhand weapon are u using? must realise that prismatic gives u 8% block chance. anyway, i got a claw that gives both physical do elemental + 9% block after ur comment. thanks!

I think you can see it on my character if you look at my profile:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Leiwolong1515/characters

It's a sword with...
+1 to level of socketed gems
Gain 39% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage
Gain 32% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage
+15% increased attack speed
8% chance to gain Onslaught for 4 seconds on Kill

Yeah losing the block did suck and I could try to Vaal this to get it back... but I got this sword for 1.5ex and I don't really have money to throw around... especially because I feel like that was a super good price.
Last edited by Leiwolong1515 on Apr 9, 2018, 1:56:31 PM
"
Leiwolong1515 wrote:
"
raulrex1994 wrote:

I think you can see it on my character if you look at my profile:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Leiwolong1515/characters

It's a sword with...
+1 to level of socketed gems
Gain 39% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage
Gain 32% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage
+15% increased attack speed
8% chance to gain Onslaught for 4 seconds on Kill

Yeah losing the block did suck and I could try to Vaal this to get it back... but I got this sword for 1.5ex and I don't really have money to throw around... especially because I feel like that was a super good price.

i see, nice sword you got! does that attack speed, not being global, affects the main attack? i guess not right?

check the claw i got... its on my char also:

9% extra block dual wield
30% extra cold damage
38% extra lightning
2 useless poison mods

60 chaos xD
everyday trying something new
"
raulrex1994 wrote:

i see, nice sword you got! does that attack speed, not being global, affects the main attack? i guess not right?

60 chaos xD

That's a pretty solid oh as well, especially due to keeping the block.

I thought the same thing as you, but looking in the offense tab when I removed the 12% attack speed craft I was at something like 6.5 attacks per second and after getting the 15% attack speed craft it is now 7.41

So apparently it does affect it..
"
Leiwolong1515 wrote:

That's fully okay and underlines what I said.
The core Damage from this build is pure physical damage. Every bit, including your weapon, of elemental damage scales off of our phys damage.

dumb example:
Each hit does 1000 damage
With 39% extra fire damage you do
1000 physical
and 390 fire damage

If you now get 50% more physical damage you do 1500 phys damage and 585 fire damage = 2085
If you instead get 50% more fire/elemental damage you do 1000 phys damage and 585 fire damage = 1585

That is what I was trying to explain/say
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
(EDIT: Duplicate post not sure why... don't know how to delete?)
Last edited by Leiwolong1515 on Apr 9, 2018, 9:31:15 PM
"
That's fully okay and underlines what I said.
The core Damage from this build is pure physical damage. Every bit, including your weapon, of elemental damage scales off of our phys damage.

dumb example:
Each hit does 1000 damage
With 39% extra fire damage you do
1000 physical
and 390 fire damage

If you now get 50% more physical damage you do 1500 phys damage and 585 fire damage = 2085
If you instead get 50% more fire/elemental damage you do 1000 phys damage and 585 fire damage = 1585

That is what I was trying to explain/say

Oh ok awesome! That's how I thought it was working :D
With that in mind I am just wondering if attack speed still wins out over % physical damage on the jewels, is there a way I can reliably test it out without just buying them?
Hey dude! Would you mind taking a look at my build?

I know i'm still using soul taker, but i have my build on Path of Building and even if i use a 440 pDPS rare Siege axe, i still would have a little over 300k Total DPS,
How do i get from here to over 700k?

I've been trying to get a helm with +40% sunder but on Path of building, even with that my dmg would just be a little over 314k...

I really dont know what i'm doing wrong.

My Character is Gladianteador

Sorry for my english and thx for your help!

"
Leiwolong1515 wrote:
Oh ok awesome! That's how I thought it was working :D
With that in mind I am just wondering if attack speed still wins out over % physical damage on the jewels, is there a way I can reliably test it out without just buying them?

Just create a blank jewel in PoB, give it some test values and put it into jewel sockets and check what helps most.

"
SkyBellator wrote:
Hey dude! Would you mind taking a look at my build?

I know i'm still using soul taker, but i have my build on Path of Building and even if i use a 440 pDPS rare Siege axe, i still would have a little over 300k Total DPS,
How do i get from here to over 700k?

I've been trying to get a helm with +40% sunder but on Path of building, even with that my dmg would just be a little over 314k...

I really dont know what i'm doing wrong.

My Character is Gladianteador

Sorry for my english and thx for your help!

Please take a look at the guide on how you do the maths for the damage calculations and configure your character in PoB accordingly.
There are multiple ways for different situations.

Just the first hit of your Sunder (without taking the shockwave into consideration) you are currently at 391k dps. But keep in mind PoB thinks stuff like "Vaal Haste" are always active and I really suggest to take blood rage instead of vaal haste, as my current guide offers you. You may drop down to 373k dps but this dps is permanently and not a spike dps you only gain while a vaal skill is active. In long terms blood rage wins by far.

And switch your granite for a good rolled rumi for having much more block
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info