Octavian's Blight Trickster Build - Cheap, tanky, effective, and scalable into the endgame. S

Hi,

I am interested in making a build similar to this one, possibly focusing on ED instead of blight.
Is there a reason to not pickup MoM? Not sure how much the dual curses would hinder its use.
Trying to open your passive tree link but having no luck

keeps saying it must be on safe list and dosnt open
Last edited by Bricks on Aug 29, 2017, 5:31:09 PM
"
Bricks wrote:
Trying to open your passive tree link but having no luck

keeps saying it must be on safe list and dosnt open

same problem here
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Very nice build, i'm liking the way you made the regen your defence. I've played a very similar setup with a berserker. The cooldown on abyssal cry makes for very nice clear speed, and it increased my effective damage radius, making increased AOE on blight not necasary.
40% more damage is my effective damage pool, the increased damage taken is sort of negated by picking up Ahn's Heritage shield and Cherrubims chest. 10k + armor and 7k life is kinda nice.

Corrupting a Spreading Rot jewel to get a cannot be silenced affix is really beneficial for this build.

I used pantheon Gruthkul, works well with Arctic Armour.

Gear and tree for refference:

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAQcACSEAAIAsnLzqakMI9G0Zl_RSU5eVPV9Ms9Af7-sEB4PbVcY6WKyY99dSr7tN3V9n_JuhGGp4L3zlWAePRqcI6-4c3LiTKPqCx_noQYe3Pv4K2L3yRTrhplc1kv6PTeO18m6qSsg_J1-YWW3PMh2-M4cD7jLRRUfAZgSzogA8Be98n9-drhpsNukkqhZv42rwH2jyjxp4DcAaqW5vO3fjAdyE2Ud-vTZlTb6neWjBBF8_FCDvDlBH9kiMzz38WGMqTUfiIuKkOYPMPC2DX_rSFy9k51XWgKTG2Gaecg-Ub2ZUWfMaOJBVJy-wq8SCivDpRho-8i_DaH37-F9f0CGQ6hCnbeDYAAAAAAA=
Last edited by scherpenkate on Aug 30, 2017, 8:07:42 AM
I like this build so far - it's stupidly tanky and I just cleared the game and a few maps :)

Made a few modifications that are working for me - the biggest of which is using Kaom's Greeves. I noticed that you were trying to avoid stuns in the tree and with Brine King, so I decided I'd rather just have the Unwavering Stance (no stun) and the extra HP since I don't think you need the extra 4 gems anyway. I'll miss the movement speed of fast boots, but Shield Charge + Ascendancy has been fast enough.

Like another poster, I've been putting (slightly) less emphasis on Area of Effect size since you can get a pretty reasonable AoE clear with Abyssal Cry anyway. I grabbed a helm that has the 40% extra Blight damage enchant because it was 15 chaos (wooo non-fotm builds!), but I'll probably experiment with the AoE at one point too.

One last note - rather than go down to the templar tree from Curses, I went the other way from the Witch tree to grab a Strength Node and an Int node instead of 2 int nodes (since you had mentioned that the build may require strength jewelry, figured I'd avoid it all together!)

Haven't upgraded to the level 21 Blight yet because I want to push a bit further with the gloves before I commit another 100 Chaos to the build..(but I have a nice 6L waiting for when I do!)

How to calculate blight damage?
Spoiler
"
https://imgur.com/a/SioTb
what jewell do you recommendo to use in the 3rd socket?
what jewell do you recommendo to use in the 3rd socket?
I love this build. My items are below. I am on Standard so I am not paying 5 exalted for that shield (yet anyway, haha!). I'm level 83 now and am running maps at least two tiers higher than I have been able to with my last build which is a full conversion Tornado shot Raider. I got the gloves cheap and the scepter for 1 exalt I already had the helm. I love using the golem ring, which gives +24% spell damage and +3 golem level.

Sorry, I've played about a month already now but I still have no idea where these endurance charges are coming from. I read through all the skill gems and tried to look through the passive tree but I still dont know why my immortal call is being proc'd. Please tell me... I'm lost.

Also, why is immortal call left at level 8 when it can be capped at level 9 to stay in cast when damage taken's level range? Not to mention the path of building for your character seems to have it at level 7 for some reason.
Last edited by RompingRhyno on Sep 23, 2017, 6:45:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info