Unofficial Offline Skilltree Calc (Delete the Data folder to update. Stop posting "update please" )

It's not really abandoned, but as 1.2 is only on alpha i can't really make any patches for it.

As soon as it is available on the normal game, version 1.51 should work again.

Since i don't actively play poe right now developing any new features is kinda unrewarding.

I've seen people make money with my tool by bundling the data files with it and letting people download it with some kind of ad link site, but since that sucks big time, you won't see me doing stuff like that.

I'm thinking of a way so we don't need updates if the per level or base stats change, but thats about it.
Easiest solution could be to let the user input base stat changes in a different tab. But it's of course a lot more fun if it's automated...

Another QoL idea I had to easier make use of the information from the tree is to split numbers and explanations into 2 columns. This way it will be easier copy/pasting the values into Excel or similar and doing comparisons.
Or, even better, create a export button, which will save all the values and explanation in a certain permanent order so you never have to worry about the Vaal Pact-row fucking up the entire order of the spreadsheet like in this example:

Spoiler
Old Vaal pact claws build
"
Row Value Explanation
1 NaN Vaal Pact
2 6% Physical damage leeched as life with Claws
3 100% Increased Physical damage with Claws
4 (...)

New Bloodseeker Claws build
"
Row Value Explanation
1 6% Physical damage leeched as life with Claws
2 150% Increased Physical damage with Claws
3 (...)

Apologies for the terrible formatting, it's supposed to be noticeable columns I just can't figure it out how to do it here.

"
Headhorr wrote:
It's not really abandoned, but as 1.2 is only on alpha i can't really make any patches for it.

As soon as it is available on the normal game, version 1.51 should work again.

Since i don't actively play poe right now developing any new features is kinda unrewarding.

I've seen people make money with my tool by bundling the data files with it and letting people download it with some kind of ad link site, but since that sucks big time, you won't see me doing stuff like that.

I'm thinking of a way so we don't need updates if the per level or base stats change, but thats about it.

I assure you, I will not be making money off of this app. It was your project and happened to be open source so I made some modifications. I hope you don't mind. As for base stats, they come with the json data. Hp/lvl though is something you might have to do manually or via text file.
MTX Finder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989787
QoL Updates Offline Skilltree Planner: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/996805
Buy me a coffee here :P https://www.paypal.me/EmmittJ
Thank you Headhorr and Emmittlol for your efforts. Two hands are better than one as long as they play fair with each other. Keep up !!
Last edited by dreamco on Aug 16, 2014, 1:47:55 PM
is there a version of this with the new tree?
"
Weed wrote:
is there a version of this with the new tree?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/996805
Should work for you. Headhorr's will be updated when the official tree is released
QoL Updates Offline Skilltree Planner: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/996805
That data is pulled from the json file, sorry. You can play with it by opening the skilltree.txt file and changing min_x etc
The program crashed. A stack trace can be found at: debug.txt

The error time: 08/19/2014 21:40
Exception: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: Initialization of 'POESKillTree.MainWindow' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'MahApps.Metro.Behaviours.StylizedBehaviors' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Interactivity, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
at MahApps.Metro.Behaviours.StylizedBehaviors..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers._RunClassConstructor(RuntimeType type)
at System.Windows.DependencyProperty.FromName(String name, Type ownerType)
at System.Windows.Baml2006.Baml2006Reader.WriteTypeConvertedInstance(Int16 converterId, Int32 dataByteSize)
at System.Windows.Baml2006.Baml2006Reader.Process_PropertyCustom()
at System.Windows.Baml2006.Baml2006Reader.Process_OneBamlRecord()
at System.Windows.Baml2006.Baml2006Reader.ReadObject(KeyRecord record)
at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.CreateObject(KeyRecord key)
at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.OnGettingValue(Object key, Object& value, Boolean& canCache)
at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.OnGettingValuePrivate(Object key, Object& value, Boolean& canCache)
at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.GetValueWithoutLock(Object key, Boolean& canCache)
at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.GetValue(Object key, Boolean& canCache)
at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.GetValueWithoutLock(Object key, Boolean& canCache)
at System.Windows.SystemResources.LookupResourceInDictionary(ResourceDictionary dictionary, Object key, Boolean allowDeferredResourceReference, Boolean mustReturnDeferredResourceReference, Boolean& canCache)
at System.Windows.SystemResources.FindDictionaryResource(Object key, Type typeKey, ResourceKey resourceKey, Boolean isTraceEnabled, Boolean allowDeferredResourceReference, Boolean mustReturnDeferredResourceReference, Boolean& canCache)
at System.Windows.SystemResources.FindResourceInternal(Object key, Boolean allowDeferredResourceReference, Boolean mustReturnDeferredResourceReference)
at System.Windows.StyleHelper.GetThemeStyle(FrameworkElement fe, FrameworkContentElement fce)
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.UpdateThemeStyleProperty()
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnInitialized(EventArgs e)
at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.InitializationGuard(XamlType xamlType, Object obj, Boolean begin)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'MahApps.Metro.Behaviours.StylizedBehaviors' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Interactivity, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers._RunClassConstructor(RuntimeType type)
at System.Windows.Baml2006.Baml2006Reader.WriteTypeConvertedInstance(Int16 converterId, Int32 dataByteSize)
at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.OnGettingValue(Object key, Object& value, Boolean& canCache)
at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.OnGettingValuePrivate(Object key, Object& value, Boolean& canCache)
at System.Windows.SystemResources.LookupResourceInDictionary(ResourceDictionary dictionary, Object key, Boolean allowDeferredResourceReference, Boolean mustReturnDeferredResourceReference, Boolean& canCache)
at System.Windows.SystemResources.FindDictionaryResource(Object key, Type typeKey, ResourceKey resourceKey, Boolean isTraceEnabled, Boolean allowDeferredResourceReference, Boolean mustReturnDeferredResourceReference, Boolean& canCache)
at System.Windows.SystemResources.FindResourceInternal(Object key, Boolean allowDeferredResourceReference, Boolean mustReturnDeferredResourceReference)
at System.Windows.StyleHelper.GetThemeStyle(FrameworkElement fe, FrameworkContentElement fce)
at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.InitializationGuard(XamlType xamlType, Object obj, Boolean begin)
Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Interactivity, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Windows.Interactivity, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

The error time: 08/19/2014 21:41
Exception: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: Initialization of 'POESKillTree.MainWindow' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'MahApps.Metro.Behaviours.StylizedBehaviors' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Interactivity, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'MahApps.Metro.Behaviours.StylizedBehaviors' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Interactivity, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Interactivity, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Windows.Interactivity, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Still feel scammed I can't have my Closed Beta Support Title anymore.
I haven't seen this one before, but I'd say try updating or repairing your .net installation.
Had the same stack trace error when deleting the data folder to update.

Deleted the entire program and downloaded and reinstalled and all fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info