[3.0] The Lazy Minion Commander - 6k+ EHP - 400K+ DPS - Budget Friendly - Auto Offering

"
ejams wrote:
Just checking in now that I have enough strength to use to the Clayshaper.

Level 55 and I feel invincible.. It seemingly became easy mode.

Just stuck in a Violent Dead Cobalt Jewel and my zombies are much more powerful now.

I loved my violent dead jewel when I got it. It's easy to feel invincible with minion builds like this because you rarely get attacked. The downside to that is that it can really hurt in those instances that we do get hit since our defenses aren't as high as some other builds.
"Can be played with 1 hand"

broke two metacarpals this last weekend and had surgery earlier this morning

going to give this a shot lol
Just reached level 41 but I dont have anywhere near enough strength to equip the claybreaker (just traded for it) :c, what approximate level should i be able to equip it?

- New to PoE / First Character
"
Hdream wrote:
"Can be played with 1 hand"

broke two metacarpals this last weekend and had surgery earlier this morning

going to give this a shot lol

That sucks! You will need your other hand here and there for flasks if you get too close to the action, but for the most part it really is a 1 handed build. Just summon your skeletons and that's it. Grabbing all the minion life nodes on the tree makes the other minions really tanky. I'm mainly a yellow map farmer and in that case it's extremely rare that a zombie or spectre dies.

"
Waterlemonn wrote:
Just reached level 41 but I dont have anywhere near enough strength to equip the claybreaker (just traded for it) :c, what approximate level should i be able to equip it?

- New to PoE / First Character

It all depends on your luck with your other gear to be honest. While leveling it helps to grab one of the +30 strength nodes and also try to get + strength on two of your pieces of gear. I believe I was 43-44 area when I started using it.

Glad you're trying the build! I think it's a great one to start with due to how simple it is, but I would definitely check out some of the other builds in the forums because there are a lot in all the different classes that are easy to learn and fun to play. Hope you enjoy the game!
Played a summoner (Guardian) ages ago in 2.2 or so, like this build as a league starter so far - I don't have a lot of time so farming for currency is a no-go.

Just to make sure I understand the CWDT setup: you are not leveling the offerings, right? What about the desecrate? If you put one in the 2nd CWDT slot, that would stay low just for new zombies or Flesh offering, and the one in the background weapon socket would be for spectres?

Tx
Arhy
"
Arhynion wrote:
Played a summoner (Guardian) ages ago in 2.2 or so, like this build as a league starter so far - I don't have a lot of time so farming for currency is a no-go.

Just to make sure I understand the CWDT setup: you are not leveling the offerings, right? What about the desecrate? If you put one in the 2nd CWDT slot, that would stay low just for new zombies or Flesh offering, and the one in the background weapon socket would be for spectres?

Tx
Arhy

That's right. The offering and desecrate only get leveled until the level requirement for the gem is 38 so that a level 1 cwdt can trigger them. The desecrate is only there to provide corpses for the offering. We get enough minion life that our zombies and spectres won't die unless you're doing red tier maps. Weapon swap to use a higher level desecrate when you do need to raise another spectre. That was the original way in this guide.

"
onomastikon wrote:

....I am guessing you enjoy having Offering(s) cast from your cwdt-setup(s) when you take damage from a skeleton dying -- if so, have you actually tried without the ring? A lvl-1 cwdt should be getting you offerings a-plenty, especially if you link desecrate up in the link right before it!

After this suggestion I started playing with the gems and gear some more and agree with onomastikon that we don't actually need heartbound loop. Our minions already have enough life without it. Only downside to not using it is that our offering isnt triggered as often, but our minions clear fast enough without any offerings that it doesn't really matter. Offering will still trigger when we get hit which is when we need it the most so thats good.
This also gives us another slot to more easily cap resistances, get more life/es, or fill in missing strength requirements.

I've also added elemental equilibrium to the build now. I put desecrate in an unset ring by itself. During mapping there are almost always bodies laying around for our offering and during boss fights I'll use desecrate a few times at the start. The new cwdt is cwdt + bone offering or spirit offering + frost nova.

This gives us more defenses and our minions more dps when we get hit. Other cwdt I removed entirely in order to use shield charge. A movement skill is very useful and I linked it to curse on hit and elemental weakness for more dps.

I'm really liking the way the build works with these changes. Check first post for the changed gem links.
Love the guide. It seems like the gems have disappeared under your unique items and current gears list.
Maybe I am blind, but I can't find the Animate Guardian setup. (I see the gear, but not the gem in the gems&links) Would that gem be in a 6L chest?
"
CocotheCorgi wrote:
Love the guide. It seems like the gems have disappeared under your unique items and current gears list.

Thanks! Not sure what happened there, but the gems are listed further down in their own section.
"
Arhynion wrote:
Maybe I am blind, but I can't find the Animate Guardian setup. (I see the gear, but not the gem in the gems&links) Would that gem be in a 6L chest?

Thanks for catching that! I must have accidentally deleted that on the last update. My chest armor is 4L & 2L. Spectre in the 4L and animate guardian in the two link with minion life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info