Something happened while waiting for FoO

"
pneuma wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:
I would still be wary of vaping. Cheap made vape pens have been known to release toxic chemicals (due to cheap manufacturing materials and also the toxic chemicals used in some fluids you smoke) and faulty vape pen batteries have been known to explode while charging or in the pocket.

Untrustworthy hardware is a problem regardless of what you're doing. Do you check your frying pan manufacturer to not sell pans with shoddy coatings that chip off and poison your food?

I fail to see how that has anything to do with vaping. On one hand you have a product that is proven safe under the proper circumstances (the coating on the pans breaks down in high heat...just avoid putting the heat on high), and on the other you have a product that very little is known about that has unregulated manufacturing with a proven potential for you to directly inhale toxic metal fumes.

Slowly being poisoned from improper use and inhaling toxic metal fumes are two completely different things.

"
pneuma wrote:
The unknown risk with ecigs is 99.999% less risk than the known risk of analog cigarettes.

Yeah I dunno about that, I'm fairly certain that inhaling toxic metal fumes would be much more hazardous to your health than smoking a cigarette. They also haven't been around long enough to study the long term effects on your health.

"
pneuma wrote:
re: regulation, I'm very upset that ecigs are being classified as cigarettes and/or tobacco products.

If you're able to put a highly addictive chemical such as nicotine in it, it should be classified as a tobacco product. FFS they are marketed as a direct replacement for cigarettes. I hope they continue to regulate the fuck out of them, whatever it takes to keep kids from being able to walk into a store and buy them.

As for the dangers of nicotine. When you vape it, it's absorbed differently than traditional smoking. Combine that with people able to purchase nicotine concentrate and mix their own ecig juice and you can run the risk of some serious health side effects.

I'm not saying 'don't vape', I'm just saying be smart about it and know what you're getting yourself into. If you're switching to vape from smoking due to health concerns, you really need to do your homework because you could be doing more harm to yourself than good.

Feel free to suck that shit deep down, but don't sit here and act like it's as safe as breathing. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:
The unknown risk with ecigs is 99.999% less risk than the known risk of analog cigarettes.

Yeah I dunno about that

You're right, you don't know. :)
There are concerns but those concerns can be mitigated, solved and eliminated by proper regulation and better quality control of the products in the market, unlike cigarettes.

These issues will eventually be sorted in due time but it would be disappointing if vaping is demonized and/or killed because of unsubstantiated false fear mongering, politicking and big tobacco lobbying before any form of coherent data analysis and proper scientific and medical research is done.

The current status from what I can see is that vaping is way better than smoking.
For now if you don't smoke then don't vape, if you smoke then vape instead, if you want to vape, then get educated and know the risks.

Of course if you want to smoke then by all means. Choose your poison.

Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
No one has any idea what the long term effects of inhaling glycol are going to be, if any.
HAIL SATAN!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info