[3.8] Death’s Oath Occultist - Death Whisperer(CI) Updated regularly

"
ancientmind wrote:
I running up max 3 aura ( despair, discipline, melovelance). How about Vitality or Aspect of Spider, so do you able to run 4 aura in a row? I have Heretic Veil and a Shield that gives reduction mana reservation with 10 % which is not enough to run 4th aura.

Check my tree. Already running Temporal Chains + Malevolence + Discipline + Despair + Clarity + Aspect of the Spider. With Champions of the Cause on amulet (oil mastercraft) could run another 10% reservation buff. Probably Dread Banner for less accuracy.

"
Overall your build looks pretty solid, I sould probably grab soul thief and the jewel socket by shadow instead of grabbing Lethal assault but I might be giving jewel sockets too much weight in the passive tree. Other than that the only thing I really see that could use an upgrade is your helmet which at the moment is still really great, however if you can get a helmet that has the -9% chaos resistance to nearby enemies modifier that would definitely increase the damage of your build!

Btw question about Atziri's Reflection. Is it best on slot? I just loosed 400 ES but gained +20 Curse effect/curse reflect + immune.
Last edited by 4e6urat0r on Sep 23, 2019, 7:15:55 AM
"
4e6urat0r wrote:
"
ancientmind wrote:
I running up max 3 aura ( despair, discipline, melovelance). How about Vitality or Aspect of Spider, so do you able to run 4 aura in a row? I have Heretic Veil and a Shield that gives reduction mana reservation with 10 % which is not enough to run 4th aura.

Check my tree. Already running Temporal Chains + Malevolence + Discipline + Despair + Clarity + Aspect of the Spider. With Champions of the Cause on amulet (oil mastercraft) could run another 10% reservation buff. Probably Dread Banner for less accuracy.

"
Overall your build looks pretty solid, I sould probably grab soul thief and the jewel socket by shadow instead of grabbing Lethal assault but I might be giving jewel sockets too much weight in the passive tree. Other than that the only thing I really see that could use an upgrade is your helmet which at the moment is still really great, however if you can get a helmet that has the -9% chaos resistance to nearby enemies modifier that would definitely increase the damage of your build!

Btw question about Atziri's Reflection. Is it best on slot? I just loosed 400 ES but gained +20 Curse effect/curse reflect + immune.

Your build looks like it has quite a bit of damage to it which is definitely nice! I did notice you don't have a wither/totem due to grabbing the full curse branch of the Occ, just putting a 15 stack wither on brought your Death Aura to 400k from 270k. If you're looking to get a little more tanky I would suggest Anointing Utmost Intellect instead, it'll boost your mana and ES by a decent amount. I would likely drop out of Essense surge and go for the Insightfulness Node instead. If you drop the Coldhearted Calculation and Lethal Assault in addition to the Mana nodes with Jewel socket you can grab soul thief + dex jewel socket right below giving you just above 6k es in your current gear. Basically you're lower shadow portion would look similar to mine once I spec out of poison chance (was testing poison on Profane Blooms - turns out it works and is pretty cool if you wanted to run Plague Bearer also)

You're question about Atziri's Reflection though. I wouldn't say that it's BiS However it is really really nice for everything that it does. Curse Immune means you only need to worry about getting resists to 75 instead of 100+ for curse maps. A High ES shield with Socketed skills reserve less mana would be ideally better, could then run Vitality in addition to what you're already running possibly. I saw you have Sorrow of the Divine, you could likely spec out of Zealots Oath if you keep this flask up most of the time and save yourself a point. You might want to consider dropping Hex Master since you don't use Bane in your build and try to find a way to get Spiritual Aid, just grabbing that node grants you an extra 70% increased damage, and allows you to benefit from minion damage on gear if you decide to move a few things around.

Overall I think it looks really solid man, hope it's wrecking stuff for ya!

Also noticed mention of Dread Banner, banners are definitely nice. If you can squeeze it in somewhere go for it! I don't know how far the radius for the accuracy debuff is for monsters but it should definitely help them miss now and then.
Levelling this build atm. Was thinking about using trigger socketed spell on my wand, any suggestions for what to use on it? Anything particularly useful for chaos builds, maybe a curse?
"
S4vag3 wrote:
Levelling this build atm. Was thinking about using trigger socketed spell on my wand, any suggestions for what to use on it? Anything particularly useful for chaos builds, maybe a curse?

For using trigger a socketed spell I would suggest Soul Rend, it basically does it's own thing but you can also use bane. Both skills are basically what the build is geared towards. I personally dropped bane as a stand alone skill because I needed more sockets and Blight/vaal blight work just as good.
BTW find that using Sinvicta's Mettle in second slot pretty nice way to boost your ms and dmg. Switch to second slot - kill one mob - swith back and u got rampage. Currently running t10 Toxic Sewer +5 Zana's nod, pretty comfortable and fast way to push 100.
Hy,
maybe I'm blind but I just can't figure out why you have more then 1 curse as an aura in the gear section if you don't take any additional curse point. doesn't that mean only 1 curse works
How do you run discipline + despair blasphemy + malevolence + vitality?

even with a 15% reduced reservation on the shield and with the -reserved nodes at sovereignty (which neither of it you have in your build) I still get 106% mana reserved... I am confused
"
minos55 wrote:
Hy,
maybe I'm blind but I just can't figure out why you have more then 1 curse as an aura in the gear section if you don't take any additional curse point. doesn't that mean only 1 curse works

Malediction - you can apply additional curse.

"
DeadManWalkin wrote:

even with a 15% reduced reservation on the shield and with the -reserved nodes at sovereignty (which neither of it you have in your build) I still get 106% mana reserved... I am confused

Impresence - despair dont reserve mana.
Last edited by 4e6urat0r on Oct 15, 2019, 6:43:51 AM
"
minos55 wrote:
Hy,

That might be a previous league's gear. I'm currently only running Despair-Blasphey.

"
DeadManWalkin wrote:

For running those 3 I'm currently using Impressence which makes Despair free. My current in game character is pathed a little different than the current build, however I'm able to run Purity of Elements in addition while having enough mana to cast blight and shield charge. However I only do that during elemental weakness maps with the use of the warlords jewel that grants reduced mana reserved. I also currently have a level 2 enlighten. I haven't been able to play much the past few days, so hopefully my next day off I'll edit parts of the guide that worked nice in theory but not as much in game.
Since you are running the minion nodes for Spiritual Aid, any thoughts of specing more into minion damage? Now that we can run 5-6 spectre you could use a "socketed gems are supported by arcane surge" staff and 7 link shaggy monstrosities for even more chaos auras with 5 spectres at 25k dmg each that could be another 125k dmg. I know that is nowhere near bane level damage but you could use them as meat shield to take initial hits. You'd probably need to go flame dash instead of shield charge to save sockets as well as use Allelopathy
Sorcerer Gloves or something.
Last edited by MonkiGW2 on Oct 18, 2019, 6:04:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info