[3.0]Roicki's Starforge BM cyclone GUARDIANS / SHAPER / UBER IZARO / UBER ATZIRI / VIDS

I linked my passive tree in the previous page of this thread.

The rest of the gear is the one I mentioned some posts ago: Bronn's Lithe, Starforge, Belt of the Deceiver, Devoto's, Daresso's salute, rare rings / gloves / boots.

My jewels are pretty good, I have jewels with life% / chance to shock and shock duration / 2 damage mods.
HI

did alot of investment for Jewels, etc in case of shock, now i got one question, because i need a new chest.

Djnat, what was your gear on that screeny you post? especialy gloves and chest, did you use a bronns or a daresso chest, rare or heamo.

i ask but i'am not able to reach the 7.4-7.5 HP even with level 98 simulated in PoB with your tree and 5 jew with life rolls, so only thing it worked out for me was rare gloves and daressos, was that the case in your screenshot?

i'am seriously consider to buy an belly, but i like the utility on that other chests too, so one's more your your advice is needed ;-P.

greetings
Gloves are rares with flat phys, dual resist, life and 12% attack speed (crafted), chest is Bronn's Lithe.
WOW,

ok then i think i'll have to say goodbye to my haemophilia in the next days ( i'll miss the gore they produce XD ), i buyed a very good belly after my last post, because i need at minimum 5 levels more and i don't want to put that progress in danger because the lifepool isn't enough. when i reach lvl 98 or so i'll definatly switch too a bronn's. Ty very much for the info!
Last edited by Prototype80 on Oct 26, 2017, 9:02:25 AM
May i know what is the point of recommending Retch belt in this build? Deceiver gives 10% damage(intimidate) isn't is better in general? Just asking for clarification on the belt choice.
"
May i know what is the point of recommending Retch belt in this build? Deceiver gives 10% damage(intimidate) isn't is better in general? Just asking for clarification on the belt choice.

Retch could be better for leveling, because of utility ( 60% flask time, movementspeed etc... ) Deceiver is clearly Best in Slot when it comes to Bossfights ( especially guardians and shaper )!
Last edited by Prototype80 on Oct 26, 2017, 3:00:05 PM
"
Catzilla wrote:

The damage from The Retch is chaos damage (so it is partially resistable by bosses / mobs with chaos res > 0) and it is capped to 200% of our life leech per second.

Our life leech per second is 38% of our max life. It can be boosted by Arakaali Pantheon procs to a max of 57% of our life per second.

So The Retch's damage will be a max of 114% of our max HP per second as chaos damage.

Let's say we have 8000 HP. The Retch will do a max of 9120 chaos dmg / sec.

Guardians and Shaper have 25% innate chaos resistance, so they will take a max of 6840 chaos dmg / sec from the Retch.

Belt of the Deceiver has the Intimidation Aura which makes all nearby mobs take 10% increased damage.

Since all of our damage is physical, it cannot be partially resisted like elemental / chaos one.

If a 8000 HP character does more than 68.4k effective DPS against an endgame boss like the Shaper or Guardians, Belt of the Deceiver is ALWAYS better than The Retch from a damage perspective. Since we are talking about a build which is in the order of a seven digit DPS against Shaper / Guardians, The Retch cannot just compete.

The Retch is amazing when it comes to the clearspeed debate. The 15% extra movement speed while flasked is fantastic during mapping, but...there is a but.

For clearspeed, if budget is NOT a problem, Headhunter is miles ahead.

Belt of the Deceiver has a marvellous combination of mods which make it the best belt in the game for all-around purposes.

It has some life (up to 40 + up to 17.5 from the implicit).
It has up to 35 strength from the implicit (7% increased melee physical damage).
It has up to 25% extra physical damage.
It has up to +15 to ALL elemental resistances.
It has the intimidation aura.
It has a great defensive modifier (You take 30% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes).

There is no reason not to use it.

I actually wear Headhunter only when I want to do massive solo beachhead speedfarming.
Last edited by djnat on Oct 26, 2017, 6:59:45 PM
"
djnat wrote:
"
Catzilla wrote:

The damage from The Retch is chaos damage (so it is partially resistable by bosses / mobs with chaos res > 0) and it is capped to 200% of our life leech per second.

Our life leech per second is 38% of our max life. It can be boosted by Arakaali Pantheon procs to a max of 57% of our life per second.

So The Retch's damage will be a max of 114% of our max HP per second as chaos damage.

Let's say we have 8000 HP. The Retch will do a max of 9120 chaos dmg / sec.

Guardians and Shaper have 25% innate chaos resistance, so they will take a max of 6840 chaos dmg / sec from the Retch.

Belt of the Deceiver has the Intimidation Aura which makes all nearby mobs take 10% increased damage.

Since all of our damage is physical, it cannot be partially resisted like elemental / chaos one.

If a 8000 HP character does more than 68.4k effective DPS against an endgame boss like the Shaper or Guardians, Belt of the Deceiver is ALWAYS better than The Retch from a damage perspective. Since we are talking about a build which is in the order of a seven digit DPS against Shaper / Guardians, The Retch cannot just compete.

The Retch is amazing when it comes to the clearspeed debate. The 15% extra movement speed while flasked is fantastic during mapping, but...there is a but.

For clearspeed, if budget is NOT a problem, Headhunter is miles ahead.

Belt of the Deceiver has a marvellous combination of mods which make it the best belt in the game for all-around purposes.

It has some life (up to 40 + up to 17.5 from the implicit).
It has up to 35 strength from the implicit (7% increased melee physical damage).
It has up to 25% extra physical damage.
It has up to +15 to ALL elemental resistances.
It has the intimidation aura.
It has a great defensive modifier (You take 30% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes).

There is no reason not to use it.

I actually wear Headhunter only when I want to do massive solo beachhead speedfarming.

thanks for your in depth explanation. I was skeptical about The Retch in this build since i don't see the typical Phy-2-Lightning / Vinktar / Vaal Pact / Acuity combo for Retch to fit in nicely.

Anyway, talking bout Headhunter, i came across some feedback from other users that Brutality with Starforge dont work so well with HH. Main reason being not able to benefit from elemental buffs stolen from mobs. I don't know how many mods are elemental based exactly. Is that somewhat true?
With Headhunter, I love stealing speed / area of effect buffs from yellow mobs. Even if elemental buffs are useless for us, other ones are somewhat frequent and the clearspeed is increased dramatically when you get a savage / massive / swift / of fervour rare mob.

And if you get Soul eater it's a jackpot. You basically end up oneshotting everything with a single cyclone spin lol.

If I recall correctly, only two rare mods are elemental based (the ones which make you gain 25% of physical damage as extra cold or fire damage). Other ones should work with Brutality.
Last edited by djnat on Oct 27, 2017, 10:16:49 AM
Seems fine. Lacking leveled gems, lacking gear upgrades as I wanted to make it as budget as I could, and it can take down everything relatively safely.
Have not tried uber atziri, for everything else, it's good to go.
Current "budget" gear.

Spoiler

Starforge linked myself, Kaoms farmed myself with my former RF guy (tried to corrupt for max res).
Rings 4 ex total for both, boots bought for I think around 40-ish chaos, belt is random, as Retch is expensive and I do not wish to invest that much into just belt, so I'll aim for rare rustic sash with resistances, since resistances are a bitch due to my gear.
Gloves essence crafted by myself, since I usually drop an essence on every spiked base.

Using 4 jewels with double damage plus shock chance, 2 jewels with dual resistance plus damage mod plus shock chance. 6 shock chance jewels in total. Plus shock chance on boots. Shocking is fairly reliable due to high attack speed.
With these mediocre items, I can take down shaper and guardians without many issues, not as fast as well geared people, but it works.
It is just to show that poor people do not need Retch or gg min maxed gear to be able to do the content. On guardians and map bosses, I do not even bother do place down the warchief (which only serves as a damage buffer)

Also, buying blood rage attack speed enchant versus cyclone attack speed enchant (12% vs 15%) is around 8-10 ex difference, which is the main reason why I opted for blood rage devotos. Difference is 3% attack speed, which, to me, is not worth 10 ex. I'm more than satisfied with 12% increased total attack speed since bloodrage is always up, I do not feel the need to pay 8-10-15 exalts for 15% cyclone attack speed.
Last edited by Songweaver on Oct 27, 2017, 11:49:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info