[3.0]Roicki's Starforge BM cyclone GUARDIANS / SHAPER / UBER IZARO / UBER ATZIRI / VIDS

Anyone able to answer my question about crimson dance?
"
Teyo wrote:
Does Crimson dance actually offer anything for this build, i'm confused by it?

It does not, We switch it to other passives as We change belt to the retch + carnage, both have less life than previous one. Like i write in thread, it was not so good so We change it.
Torment IGN: BorsukMiodowy

' It’s impossible to fail, as long as you never quit '
"
Sephurik wrote:
I feel like no one is actually reading what I am typing. I am aware of the wiki, and it is part of the reason I am asking questions.

In this build, we only do physical damage, and Starforge makes it so physical damage can shock, and so based upon the wiki data for shock, I must assume only critical hits can shock, yes? This means Resolute Technique eliminates the potential to shock with physical damage.

My question is whether or not the shock was considered at all in the build, and whether it may be worth the tradeoff of RT. I suspect that it isn't very worth, since individual cyclone hits tend to not be a very big percentage of a Boss's health, and common mobs already die quickly without additional debuffs, so any gain I would imagine would be minimal and not make up for a 15% or so loss in accuracy.

One of the posts I quoted said it was irrelevant since the brutality gem eliminates shock, but this is incorrect. None of my gear or jewels or passive tree gives a chance to shock or interacts with shock in any way except Starforge, and WITH burtality and WITHOUT RT my cyclone could shock things, albeit very rarely with a 5% crit rate.

The wrong assumption is that with Starforge only crits can shock.

Chance to shock on jewels / boot enchantment allows regular hits to shock targets. I shock everything in the game, even if with a bad effectiveness against super health targets like Shaper (where it's better to use Vaal Lightning Trap because hitting a 15% effective shock is pretty impossible).

Even at guardians, btw, I often see the shock animation, especially at Hydra and Chimera who are the lowest health ones. Don't forget that running the Ruthless gem allows Cyclone to hit 150k+ with proper gear and jewels. Ancestral Warchief is easily our hardest hitter and can smash for 200k+ ruthless blows (and with Starforge it can shock too).

I consider shock super good at regular mapping / bosses, and still decent in the endgame content (still better than nothing, at least).
Last edited by djnat on Sep 26, 2017, 8:01:29 AM
What about damage on full life, will it work with blood magic and blood rage? need to test it asap

"
livejamie wrote:
Is this build a good lab farmer? Can it out-regen the traps and stuff? Even with Death's Oath aura?

This seems like an easy question if somebody can take a few seconds to give any insight.

Don't want it to get lost.

Thanks. :)
livejamie
"
sangvinu2 wrote:
What about damage on full life, will it work with blood magic and blood rage? need to test it asap

It works, but for a fraction of second after you start every cyclone spinning you are not at full life so you lose the bonus damage.
"
livejamie wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:
Is this build a good lab farmer? Can it out-regen the traps and stuff? Even with Death's Oath aura?

This seems like an easy question if somebody can take a few seconds to give any insight.

Don't want it to get lost.

Thanks. :)

I don't use Death's Oath so I can't say if that armour's degen becomes a problem in the lab, but I easily run full key endgame labs with zero issues using Bronn's lithe. You are fine until you are overleeching, you easily outleech / outregen the traps, I've never died a single time with my cyclone slayer in the endgame lab (and I usually carry my low lvl guildmates to unlock the last ascendancy point with this char).
Hey guys,

Can you check out my build and let me know if there are any improvements I can make.

Currently running 6L Starforge, 6L Death's Oath, Headhunter, Daresso's Necklace, Couple of Steel Rings, some nice Spiked Gloves and 16% attack speed boots. All jewels are 4 x +damage or attack speed. My experiments have led me to believe the shock is useless against Guardians/Shaper and the jewels can't have 3 damage mods and shock or they're never on poe.trade

Keen to hear your thoughts, the only thing I can see is upgrading a couple of skill gems to level 21.

Thanks
"
Archfiend wrote:
Hey guys,

Can you check out my build and let me know if there are any improvements I can make.

Currently running 6L Starforge, 6L Death's Oath, Headhunter, Daresso's Necklace, Couple of Steel Rings, some nice Spiked Gloves and 16% attack speed boots. All jewels are 4 x +damage or attack speed. My experiments have led me to believe the shock is useless against Guardians/Shaper and the jewels can't have 3 damage mods and shock or they're never on poe.trade

Keen to hear your thoughts, the only thing I can see is upgrading a couple of skill gems to level 21.

Thanks

I think your gears are pretty GG. My suggestion is to take out witch brew & the quicksilver for something else like rumi or the one with worms, as Shaper & guardians ahve 80% reduce effect on curses.
Hi again, I'm still in a bit of a bind with improving my character - any advice?

"
Frizz_za wrote:
Hi all,

I've been playing this build for most of the league and really enjoying it, having reached level 91 thus far. However, I've run into a bit of a barrier with damage (barely reaching 300k dps in Path of Building) and survivability . I would appreciate any comments/suggestions for gear upgrades or passive shifts. I've given it a bit of thought myself and will be doing the following:

1) get a 6 link on my chest to move my cyclone links to it and start benefiting from Maim.
2) I did get a 4-14phys steel ring that I'm trying to roll with essences for attack speed (difficult considering just how much resists I need)
3) upgrading my boots for more HP
4) fixing up my gloves to give more resists
5) run labs for a helm enchant

Here is my build, I made a few variations, getting vitality void and diamond skin for the extra survivability:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.1/AAAABAQBAQSzBS0HdQmWCbsLYQxwDjwQ8BQgFHEV7BiRGj4aVRuqIVUj0yW8JyAnnyz7MZ426DkOOlI64Tu2PAU8LUCgQzFGt0d-SdVM_04qUEdXVF4TXz9hUmMXZU1nm2hlaPJvJ3KpdO12rHrvfNmBOoIHg1-DzITZhO-Fp4ZghrSHaojtiiKKs4rwkGyTqJd5mmqiAKU1plepJ6mUrY2uPq9ssoC3PrkdvJ-9Nr6nwGbApsEHxPbGrsqQz37Tb9d-2L3ZfNrB20_cPd-_4MPh7-RR6UbqGO567w7vTu988B_yL_JF8lrzb_Pd9WH3Mvjr-hj-Cg==?accountName=Frizz_za&characterName=FrizzDisco

My gear:
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info