Trade-Posts ingame : How they could look like (with Screenshots)

"
xHavoCx wrote:
Because people can ignore the trade tab, the legit party tab will still get spammed.

People want to force you to look at their trades whether you were planning to trade or not. This solution will not change that.

The only way to stop party trade spam is with moderators (likely volunteer) who rename fake parties to a default name and hand out a warning to the original party creator... accumulated warnings eventually causing some sort of mute from the public party system
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
People ignore lot's of things but that doesn't mean that EVERYONE ignores same stuff. For instance, I ignore global chat because I am either grinding or trading. That doesn't mean that global chat is bad idea, lot of people enjoy it and actually ignore trade chat. Having the option to do so is great. I personally like the idea from OP and/or any idea that would make trading easier so more can get into it buying/selling. I know a few casual players with time restrictions that play strictly self-found because they can be bothered to trade in this current system. I know of at least 10 people that quit this game because of hitting a "gear check wall". They had some decent items that are useful to builds other than their own but since trading is tedious, they couldn't get enough currency to upgrade nor did they want to get heavily involved in trading for hours each day. That's why auction houses or similar systems exist. So like I said, anything that could improve and speed up trading gets +1 from me, no matter if it's over the top or not good enough, just do something about it already. Trade chat was a step in a right direction but it's not enough.

cheers.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
"
watchout5 wrote:
To the top with this awesome idea!

+1
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
watchout5 wrote:
To the top with this awesome idea!

+1

OMG onetherone,and why you think this the best idea,a?!?!?!? Go read first mine then stat think
Ill repeat once again : " This is bad idea,because we cant searh easy better items cross check with our current gears"!!!.
I didnt say the idea was "bad"

I said it wont accomplish what OP hopes. People will still post trades on party board so that more people will see it. All your doing is adding more material without fixing the problem.

Then I said how to actually fix the problem which requires none of the complication of developing a new tab.

There are better trading system ideas than this.
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." - William James
"People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln
"
xHavoCx wrote:

I said it wont accomplish what OP hopes. People will still post trades on party board so that more people will see it. All your doing is adding more material without fixing the problem.

Then I said how to actually fix the problem which requires none of the complication of developing a new tab.

"There are better trading system ideas than this" - Of course have better ideas.And do you did read mine idea http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/557118?! :)
"
Dairdis wrote:
"
xHavoCx wrote:

"There are better trading system ideas than this" - Of course have better ideas.And do you did read mine idea http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/557118?! :)

dude, stop being so self-obsessed, this is like 4th post in this thread where you go "me me me, look at me, me me, look at me" ok, we got it...we saw...
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
"
Ludak021 wrote:
"
Dairdis wrote:
"
xHavoCx wrote:

dude, stop being so self-obsessed, this is like 4th post in this thread where you go "me me me, look at me, me me, look at me" ok, we got it...we saw...

Ill stop when we everyone players and GGG replay and say at me " This your idea is great,but we GGG plan better idea.Because your idea take away too long time to be released and will load too much game" and when we (players) understand we should start vote for such trade system and make out GGG make it!.And yeah,im agree many peoples have a problem with thier egos.:)
Last edited by Dairdis on Nov 3, 2013, 7:12:44 AM
I like the idea! I do have a few questions:

- Would your be able to list yourself as available to trade while in a party with other players?

for example: I create a "trading xyz check my thread for more #####" while doing maps with friends - players can message me or would they just join the party directly?

- Follow-up from previous, I wonder if this type of system could be used to show shops/threads of online players somehow?

Player A has a shop, they sign-online, there's a tab that has the thread links for the shops for online players. Granted this could have technical challenges with linking a player to the thread they have, so not sure exactly how it could work, just a thought that popped into my head while reading.

- The mockup has the social panel, do OP (or others) think it could be better/worse to have an independent trade panel instead?

Pro: completely separate from social/grouping
Con: People may just ignore trade and post in social as they do today since non-traders ignore the trade.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info