[3.0] HC/SC Trickster Mind Over Matter Righteous Fire

"
Inferius90 wrote:
No armor?

You get a decent amount of armor from the Marauder area. Combined with Titan Gauntlet and Royal Burgonet bases, Kaom's and Ahn's/Rise Of The Phoenix, it's pretty decent.
...................................................₪₪╔═════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ IGN: DEMENTAL ▀▄▀
...................................................₪₪╚═════════════╝₪₪
Amazing guide, running rf at lvl 23 after ascendency
Been playing this build up to lvl 78, just started doing maps yesterday because I spent a bit of time farming merc lab for the boots enchant. My gear is pretty terrible, but I'm not sure what I should be upgrading without ruining my resistances, I'm just slowy saving for a khaom's heart and quality gems I guess.

It's pretty fast, with the acceleration shrine is just absurd. I been using a decoy with Izaro and a few other bosses, I think it's way too good to not use against strong foes, also the curse that lowers your resistances just destroys me so I'm using a mana flask with curse invul for that, can't get my fire res high enough to ignore the debuff.

I tried to keep my mana regen as high as I can and running clarity, but the orb still goes down a bit if I don't have the recent kill bonus, spamming shield charge can refill your mana if you just stand still anyways.

My only concern right now is being pure RF, would it eventually hit a brickwall in single target dps? compared to the RF+SR alternative? The last 2 ascendancy points feel like a bit of a waste, wish there was another way to proc the 200 mana reduce damage boost and be able to get Walk the aether for the 20% attack and cast speed bonus (maybe with some weapon swap? I don't know enough about the game to theorycraft something, so I'll probably just get Ghost dance for the dodge, but the energy shield utility is kinda wasted).

Feels somewhat limited with no links in the boots and the chest if I ever get a khaoms heart, same with the resistances, it's gonna be tricky getting all the res+dex+mana regen+hp with just gloves/head and jewelry, so I took the marauder passive that gives +15 to all res for now.

Last edited by blasras2 on Aug 24, 2017, 6:37:25 PM
What about bandits?
"
Zieralol wrote:
What about bandits?

I went with passives, oak didnt feel good enough tbh.
Also wondering at what order to take ascendancy
Had an idea for this build myself and came across this post just now looking if anybody else was playing something similar.

At 82 currently just running yellow maps trying to level and save up for a kaoms. The build is really fast for clearing maps and I really haven't had any major trouble yet with it. I tried using Ahn's but felt it was just underwhelming compared to running Rise of the Phoenix. My attack speed is still fast enough to proc weave without it I feel after getting swift killer's frenzy charges. I also feel like its not worth to use Ahn's since you lose 2 jewel sockets and this build seems kinda starved for them.

For bandits I went with oak while leveling but I think its definitely better to take the passives, I had to respec into them later because it felt like oak wasn't doing much later on but helped while leveling with rf. If you level with rf its pretty easily sustainable with some life regen items after you get patient reaper and the damage is insane.

The ascendancy path I took was Patient Reaper>Weave the Arcane(then specced into MoM once I got 65 for Phoenix)>Swift Killer. For the last 2 points idk what I'm going to put them in honestly most places seem useless.

I had to take the mana regen nodes near templar while leveling after I took MoM at first too because I didn't have enough regen. Eventually I dropped them to path further into the marauder area I'm going into now. With 2 jewels open using phoenix instead I can get mana regen/burn damage/max life jewels which seem to work a lot better. I don't even have to run a mana flask but use writhing jar because it just seems too good with the build. Still haven't even gotten my boot enchant from lab and theres really no issues with mana unless I take a big hit and have it completely drained from MoM. Once I get the enchant that should be solved though.

Overall the character is really fun to play and pretty safe, currently in HC and feel like it has some good potential. I'll probably be playing this character out for a while so if anybody else has questions check my profile or ask away.
Last edited by bigmuda on Aug 29, 2017, 4:50:10 AM
"
bigmuda wrote:
Had an idea for this build myself and came across this post just now looking if anybody else was playing something similar.

At 82 currently just running yellow maps trying to level and save up for a kaoms. The build is really fast for clearing maps and I really haven't had any major trouble yet with it. I tried using Ahn's but felt it was just underwhelming compared to running Rise of the Phoenix. My attack speed is still fast enough to proc weave without it I feel after getting swift killer's frenzy charges. I also feel like its not worth to use Ahn's since you lose 2 jewel sockets and this build seems kinda starved for them.

For bandits I went with oak while leveling but I think its definitely better to take the passives, I had to respec into them later because it felt like oak wasn't doing much later on but helped while leveling with rf. If you level with rf its pretty easily sustainable with some life regen items after you get patient reaper and the damage is insane.

The ascendancy path I took was Patient Reaper>Weave the Arcane(then specced into MoM once I got 65 for Phoenix)>Swift Killer. For the last 2 points idk what I'm going to put them in honestly most places seem useless.

I had to take the mana regen nodes near templar while leveling after I took MoM at first too because I didn't have enough regen. Eventually I dropped them to path further into the marauder area I'm going into now. With 2 jewels open using phoenix instead I can get mana regen/burn damage/max life jewels which seem to work a lot better. I don't even have to run a mana flask but use writhing jar because it just seems too good with the build. Still haven't even gotten my boot enchant from lab and theres really no issues with mana unless I take a big hit and have it completely drained from MoM. Once I get the enchant that should be solved though.

Overall the character is really fun to play and pretty safe, currently in HC and feel like it has some good potential. I'll probably be playing this character out for a while so if anybody else has questions check my profile or ask away.

Thanks for this, interesting to see how you tweaked the build. I actually been scratching my head to fit double curse somewhere, because I been told that's one of the best ways to boost RF damage (or enfeeble/temp chains), but it always feels bad to not take more life, or the strong fire passives, or more jewel slots. I'm starting to regret picking oak, but respecc feels too expensive.

I see you removed quite a few regen nodes, originally I made this RF character to abuse the regen, thinking hey 1.7x for every regen I get, better abuse that... but now I wonder if it's the other way around, meaning you just have a lower regen requirement if you abuse the 1.7x regen trickster ascendancy and gives you more flexibility for passives allocation.

Inspected your profile, are you actually activating both Purity of Fire and Vitality with MoM? doesn't that leave you with very little mana? Have you ran uber lab yet? if yes how hard was it? What's your current life total and and how much you aiming to get?
"
blasras2 wrote:

Thanks for this, interesting to see how you tweaked the build. I actually been scratching my head to fit double curse somewhere, because I been told that's one of the best ways to boost RF damage (or enfeeble/temp chains), but it always feels bad to not take more life, or the strong fire passives, or more jewel slots. I'm starting to regret picking oak, but respecc feels too expensive.

I see you removed quite a few regen nodes, originally I made this RF character to abuse the regen, thinking hey 1.7x for every regen I get, better abuse that... but now I wonder if it's the other way around, meaning you just have a lower regen requirement if you abuse the 1.7x regen trickster ascendancy and gives you more flexibility for passives allocation.

Inspected your profile, are you actually activating both Purity of Fire and Vitality with MoM? doesn't that leave you with very little mana? Have you ran uber lab yet? if yes how hard was it? What's your current life total and and how much you aiming to get?

Yeah still playing around with everything, I feel like the regen nodes aren't as needed with the trickster ascendancy so going to try and get more damage and 20% more life through the elementalist and devotion nodes near templar.

I was playing around with running Vitality and the fire purity but it's definitely better to just run a single purity. With both up I have 680 mana with my current gear after reserves vitality off gives me 1400 or so. I could sustain the mana with both up but would be better to have a larger pool for big hits.

Haven't ran uber yet, probably will whenever I farm the boot enchant and maybe when I get a kaoms since I'm about 100 chaos off from one right now. One thing about lab is though I feel like this build is really annoying to run it with. Most of the regen coming from kills so when you get into the higher tier labs and have to wait around to get past traps you can get too low sometimes. Maybe bringing an ignite immunity flask to lab would help with this turning off rf when you need it.

Im at 6.3k life right now with 25% more max life to get from passives, and I could probably get a couple higher life rolls on my gear too. For now its pretty safe with the extra damage reduction from MoM and weave. I think this build would cap out on life around 8.5k-9k once you get a kaom's and some max life jewels on top of it so that's what I'll be aiming for.

Really doesn't seem too bad I was leveling a berserker rf character before this and died at 89 with kaom's and had 10k life so I think trickster is pretty comparable to marauder for rf. Definitely have a lot more damage but sacrificing a larger hp pool, MoM and weave seem to be making up for it though.
"
bigmuda wrote:

Hey! Sorry for the late reply. I've been in the middle of the ocean, underwater, literally. Welding job :(

You're right about the shield. I figured out that Rise of The Phoenix's max fire resist is too good to pass up. BUT. You can get Onslaught from a Death Rush ring which works beautifully with Shield Charge. Also has flat life, chaos resist, armor and accuracy!

The best in slot jewels are HP/Burn/Fire/Chaos Resist or switch one of the last 3 out for % Mana.
...................................................₪₪╔═════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ IGN: DEMENTAL ▀▄▀
...................................................₪₪╚═════════════╝₪₪
Last edited by Demental on Sep 17, 2017, 2:37:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info