Ridiculous looking endgame gameplay

"
trav_dawg wrote:
Skill rotations are absolute poison and bad design.

What the people are actually complaining about in more general terms is lack of interactivity, monsters do their thing, we do ours and most of the time there's very little reaction from our side to what the monsters are doing. Skill rotations are just another side of the same coin, you're pressing the same sequence of buttons every time and following the cooldown timers more than what's happening over there, you can almost play blind.

The real complaint is there are no 'situational skills' because 'situations' are so few and far between they aren't worth a slot and your usual setup is fine in vast majority of cases. And your input is low in general, you don't get pissed if you aimed poorly and your skill misses or if you didn't stand where you should because it doesn't even matter most of the time, it's pretty much a treadmill.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
it doesn't even matter most of the time, it's pretty much a treadmill.

If you build your character right, it's more like a lawnmower.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
I found it totally ridiculous and very different from the one featured in the game tutorial. In the tutorial I found the game much better in terms of skills gameplay, I mean skills should have larger CDs to encourage the creation of full rotations. Really the videos are nothing exciting and some PVP builds have only 3 buttons that are tightened frantically. A game that you say with hardcore and has only 3 buttons in the endgame is for me super contradictory and only shows failure of design. They need to remove the move penalty by using skills meele, add more CD on mobility skills and have minions soh attack targets if their master was really close. This would greatly improve the gameplay.
Last edited by Jantro on Nov 11, 2017, 7:29:31 PM
It is possible to utilize multiple skills and be effective. Lots of scorching ray or caster chars use frost bomb or the lightning one (blanking on name) to trigger other effects such as critting for elemental overload etc. Add war cries to this and a movement skill like lightning warp and you've got some solid micro going on. Just because some people choose to play huge move speed with a massive clear speed chaining or aoe skill doesn't mean anyone else has to or even that its the best way. The best way, IMO, is having both options.
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
Last edited by trav_dawg on Nov 11, 2017, 8:07:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info