[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Uber Lab Warchief Totem Champion - Great League Starter!

"
Waswat wrote:
I never understood this, why would you want to switch to a lab farmer when you have enough currency to buy a starforge? It's not like you'd need to farm more currency... You're better off trying to get a build that can use the starforge more effectively instead by then or some crazy fast map clearing build.

Weaknesses to the build that liftingnerdbro omitted:
- this build is really slow when trying to clear maps so xp farming is slow
- no control over which enemies the totem attacks first; vorici missions can fail and killing off an enemy with "other enemies can't die" can be a bit annoying at times

This is a problem inherent to totem builds.

"switch to"? I mean, I stripped my last build to make this. Now I have a very good currency farmer that could be a shaper farmer too were I to level him. I have currency coming out my ears at this point. Even after this guys gear I have enough for another. Didn't bother me to get a 6L Starforge. I wanted a 6L for Ruthless and the cost of a 6L Gruthkuls is close enough to a 6L Starforge IMO that I thought what the hell, and I sure as shit wasn't gonna get a 6L Kondo's. That would be a high risk purchase in the sense of reselling later. Besides, I don't enjoy stopping at a 5L on any build.

This build doesnt have to stop at being "just" a lab farmer. Hell, why bother with Gruthkuls with that logic, just stay with a tabula.
You chose to leave him as a lab farmer with budget version, I chose the expensive one. Also, Someone farming labs can make back the cost of a Starforge in a short time. What's not to get :)

Besides, I'm not too worried about reselling a high roll 6L Starforge should I change my mind, which I won't. Ruthless is amazing( for 6th link).

Plenty of slower builds too. And fast ones tend to be fragile. You'll come back with naming builds that are fast and tanky, I'm not replying to argue the truth in that, but there's always a faster build that's better in this way, or that. This is a really good lab farmer, really good boss killer and OK mapper. I'm OK with that.
How is this not a "effective" use of Starforge? I'll be getting chance to shock if you havent crit recently enchant, + 2 jewels with chance to shock....the build is pure phys...I'm struggling to think of another build that will " use the Starforge more effectively".

As for Vorici missions, uh...there's LOTS of builds that struggle to sucessfully ...not rape everything.

NOW...on to the real question. Liftings choice in taking "worthy foe" is meh IMO. Which is better, "Inspirational" or "First to Strike, Last to Fall"?
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Sep 17, 2017, 1:45:59 PM
Wait, when enemies take increased damage, that's a MORE multiplier isn't it (additive with other modifiers, but then acts as a %more multiplier to your damage dealt.)? so, "Worthy Foe" would in fact be the best Uber ascendancy.

That was easy, 3 uber runs
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Sep 17, 2017, 6:52:47 PM
Love the build. If I have a 6l tidebreaker maul that gains endurance charge on stun for free and has high physical damage but low attack speed. Do you think this would be an improvement over the kondo? It also gains ofcourse the % physical per endurance. Obviously not as good as star forge but could be a good option?
I can confirm starforge isn't such a good choice here. Its complete overkill. Face it, warchief totem is complete aids for mapping and you don't need starforge for the lab.
Hey guys , I just did my first uber today , got ~35c from it , it was easy
my problem is when im running highter tier maps (10+) my totems die very fast , only stay tanky in a few other maps , is there anyway I can improve , I'd love to go further into endgame content . This is my gear btw

also I have the same thought as @DamageIncorporated , Worthy Foe gain 20% damage , taking the other 2 gain total 75% damage , that seems a lot more
Last edited by mysexylove50 on Sep 19, 2017, 3:13:57 AM
"
mysexylove50 wrote:

also I have the same thought as @DamageIncorporated , Worthy Foe gain 20% damage , taking the other 2 gain total 75% damage , that seems a lot more

Worthy Foe is a multiplicative damage boost , the others are additive. monsters take increased damage vs you deal increased damage. Key difference.

Worthy Foe is best.
"
Worthy Foe is a multiplicative damage boost, the others are additive. monsters take increased damage vs you deal increased damage. Key difference.

Worthy Foe is best.

Wow. The difference in the language is really subtle. I personally either wouldn't have noticed the difference or would have thought they were equivalent even if I had.

GGG should consider making the language around these skills (and all others) more clear/definitive.
What do you think about corrupting the Kondo's or whatever weapon you have for Culling, just recently bought one with the corruption and it does effect your totems, seems like a nice addition.
hi guys, this is my items set up. I would like to know why my CWDT link (boots) never work? as the required skills level is lower than what it is stated in CWDT and I do take more than required damage from shaper lol. Should I decreased the level of my CWDT and its linked?

I tried to do Shaper and Uber Atziri for the first time in my life but I failed both. hmm. any suggestions?

edit: change to Belly and now my CWDT have no problem. lol. didn't notice Gruthkul disable spell
Last edited by killerwhaleJR on Sep 20, 2017, 9:25:02 PM
"
killerwhaleJR wrote:
hi guys, this is my items set up. I would like to know why my CWDT link (boots) never work? as the required skills level is lower than what it is stated in CWDT and I do take more than required damage from shaper lol. Should I decreased the level of my CWDT and its linked?

I tried to do Shaper and Uber Atziri for the first time in my life but I failed both. hmm. any suggestions?

edit: change to Belly and now my CWDT have no problem. lol. didn't notice Gruthkul disable spell

Hi, i just downed uber atziri and shaper. You need to get yourself nice spiked gloves (AS-Flat PHY) and steel rings (AS-Flat Phy). With enough dps they all go down eventually.

I died 2 times @UAtziri and once @Shaper. Atziri seems to be harder than shaper since she destroys your totems very fast.

Also i am not using bloodgrip since its not that good for bosses nor maps. It is godly for lab if you are having problems with traps though.

Edit: Get your boots chance to shock since you have forge
Last edited by Kagore on Sep 21, 2017, 8:09:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info