[3.11] Kitava's Thirst Builds - Flame Surge/Blade Vortex - Sirus /T16 Farm

Hi, first, here's the pob of my char in Delirium :

https://pastebin.com/ehYkZA8E

You can see the jewels I've been using. Intensity, No witnesses were very good, for example.

Basically every skill that's good to use with this build has been buffed, but the Kitava's Thirst buff is really good, the DPS increase isn't that much, but it will really feel more comfortable to play.

I'll try the new brands, there are many things to try actually, the new keystones might be very good.
First post edited.

I'll likely try Magma Orb, and maybe bring back the old FrostBolt + Ice Nova/Vortex variation with Arcanist Brand, sounds fun too.
Last edited by Sarodh1 on Jun 19, 2020, 5:44:35 AM
Hey, been desperately looking for a reason to play magma orb and i think this is it. Been putting together a build all day. Got any advice? :D https://pastebin.com/VEmpKGaw
Hi, a Magma Orb alternative sounds fun, indeed, I really like that Necro idea !

To maximize helmet potential, I suggest taking some casting speed supports, like Spell Echo and/or Faster Casting. Since you're generating corpses, Volatile Dead might be quite good for clearing and getting even more from Necro ascendancy.

Let me know how it goes, good luck ! :)
Hey! I have started this build as my league-starter was a failure and I am having a lot of fun with it! I am basically working from your character on your profile at the moment and was wondering what your current gearing goals are, as the guide doesnt really discuss gearing too much beyond just showing endgame setups.

Awesome build! Have a great day!
What is the Militant Faith timeless jewel used for it? I mean clearly to transform Pain Attunement into something else, but what?
"
Smerte wrote:
What is the Militant Faith timeless jewel used for it? I mean clearly to transform Pain Attunement into something else, but what?

I would assume it was for Inner Conviction for the increased spell damage per power charge. Especially since the other two keystones are incredibly detrimental to the build.
Last edited by Borothos on Jun 22, 2020, 12:44:16 PM
Yep, it's for Inner Conviction. The jewels are edited to take the effect into account. Same for Thread of Hope, although apparently it now works properly with PoB.

About gearing, on a league start now I'm keeping it cheap and amassing currency :

- Activate build after Merc Lab/Kitava
- Trash tier wands, preferably +1 fire gems
- Voidbringer is good to get an easy 100 mana
- Fire leech amulet, also cheap
- Basic life and resists on the rest, as you can see, still trash for the moment

Next step is a 5L Pledge, it's getting cheap enough and I stockpiled a decent amount of fus.

Pledge enables MoM, and makes Uber Lab easier. Once it's done, I'll respec Swift Killer for Ghost Dance + Escape Artist.

This build can be difficult as a league starter, and there's a difficulty spike around yelllow maps. At this point it's time to invest a little more into solid gear.
Yeah, I progressed quite a lot today since my first message. I got a Cloak of Defiance drop and managed to get a 155 spell damage Pledge for 24c, though I cant quite tell if the 5l pledge is a dps loss compared to the two 100% spell damage, cast speed and spell crit wands.
Pledge is at least 120% spell damage and a support gem that averages at 52% more damage combined with Spell Echo, and 100% increased mana.

It is better. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info