[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

"
frost21 wrote:
Just glancing at your tree and comparing it to mine (Ziggy D) and it's atleast like 30 respec points, anyone change from Ziggy's to this and have any opinions on the skill tree alone?

Still trying to find a spell dagger and shield similar to yours, rest of the gear with the enchants seem somewhat expensive too but will try to just get hrimsorrow gloves instead of the helm enchantment for now and go from there I guess.

I switched from ziggyd's tree to windz's tree a while back; I felt too squishy and so ultimately I respcecced back to ziggy's tree. Ultimately, overall ziggyd's tree is a bit more tanky while windz has more damage. Personally, I would say if you have a good sheild and dagger, along with a 6 link chest, windz's tree is overall better, even though its less tanky. If you dont have those things, ziggyd's tree gives you enough tankiness to handle more difficult content without breaking the bank.
"
okudasai wrote:
"
frost21 wrote:
Just glancing at your tree and comparing it to mine (Ziggy D) and it's atleast like 30 respec points, anyone change from Ziggy's to this and have any opinions on the skill tree alone?

Still trying to find a spell dagger and shield similar to yours, rest of the gear with the enchants seem somewhat expensive too but will try to just get hrimsorrow gloves instead of the helm enchantment for now and go from there I guess.

I switched from ziggyd's tree to windz's tree a while back; I felt too squishy and so ultimately I respcecced back to ziggy's tree. Ultimately, overall ziggyd's tree is a bit more tanky while windz has more damage. Personally, I would say if you have a good sheild and dagger, along with a 6 link chest, windz's tree is overall better, even though its less tanky. If you dont have those things, ziggyd's tree gives you enough tankiness to handle more difficult content without breaking the bank.

Haha damn, that's what I was worried about for the most part. I can do low red maps currently using Ziggy's build and tremor rod but still feel somewhat squishy and the biggest issue I have is using flame dash as my only mobility outside using quicksilver flask (on easier maps since otherwise I use mana flask). I just saw how much damage windz build is doing with his setup and didn't think I'd achieve that using Ziggy's build for things like uber lab.

I was about to stop playing my miner but I guess if I find a similar spell dagger/shield I could atleast run racecourse efficiently and farm that or run uber labs.

Thanks for the heads up, guess I'll hold off on respeccing till after I get some of this gear...
Hello , that work with 30% GC helmet ? The 40 % is rly luxe for me atm..
Currently playing a version of this and Ziggy's build (but in HHC, so a bit more life nodes though I'm still using a Tremor rod). I'm 86 and breezing through tier 11-12 maps right now, though I'm definetely more squishy than I'm used to in HC.

I'm not sure what to use in my new 5L armor, so thus far I've added Ice Golem to the CWDT-setup. I suppose for maximum safety and efficiency I should switch to a shield and use the armor for the mines, but Tremor Rod just adds so much QoL.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Gear:

I'm not sure the Traps are worth the 4L setup so I'm considering cutting them and switching to Kaom's Roots, but OTOH I might feel like I need the increased damage once I get to higher boss tiers.

Suggestions for more tree efficiency are also very welcome.
Last edited by Grone on Aug 16, 2017, 10:21:56 AM
Is there a mistake in the PoB link? It seems that the other build links show that you take the early physical + chaos + life nodes, while the PoB links show that you take the elemental damage nodes first? Which one is right (I am guessing the PoB one is wrong)?
I did a full change from Ziggys to this build, and have the following gear:

Spoiler

I went from struggling with ~T15 maps to clearing them rapidly. My biggest issue overall is more often then not i constantly get caught when i am placing mines. I didn't realize how much of a difference the tremor rod makes when placing mines. Before i could run around and just sprinkle mines, unfortunately i find with this build i can't really do that. :/

However the damage is much better.
"
UberJumper wrote:

Spoiler

I went from struggling with ~T15 maps to clearing them rapidly. My biggest issue overall is more often then not i constantly get caught when i am placing mines. I didn't realize how much of a difference the tremor rod makes when placing mines. Before i could run around and just sprinkle mines, unfortunately i find with this build i can't really do that. :/

how much life do you have with that?
"
danteafk wrote:
"
UberJumper wrote:

Spoiler

how much life do you have with that?

~4.2k life

I transitioned to Windz' gear setup from Tremor Rod but haven't changed my tree yet, and I run PtL for shock and 29% more damage instead of spell crit. I think this theoretically gives us more damage than post-nerf Vaal Lightning Trap.

I'm debating dropping 5 phys/chaos damage nodes (leading to Force Shaper) for Discipline and Training, which would drop my boss average hit from 98k per mine to 89k per mine (according to PoB), but give me more attack speed for shield charge and gain me 400 life (which would put me at 5662). With 700 ES for first-hit spikes and 600 eHP from MoM, that feels fairly comfortable at 6200/6900 HP, and block gives us a decent chance to avoid attacks (68% to be hit according to PoB). Not "tanky" but not super squishy. Just can't decide if the dmg loss is worth because I'm already not one-hitting the boss in T11 maps.

Losing the second detonation from Tremor Rod takes some getting used to as well, especially for strongboxes and for extra damage while repositioning on bosses.

I feel like there's probably still room to optimize this tree but I haven't figured it out yet.
Hey guys, I'm transitioning from ZiggyD's build like many of you. I seem to have hit a wall trying to complete the Excavation map. My GC dps is at 15.3k and my resistances are above 75% each (except chaos which is -39%). Does anyone have tips?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info