[3.3] 100% Ele Charged Dash

"
Casia wrote:

Neither fangs of frost or acing blows.
CD has two options imho. Winter spirit or ptl for conversion.
Winter spirit is 40% conversion, giving you 90% elemental. but then hatred, and 40% cold conversion. "Added cold" then giving you much more cold then lit. so fangs of frost is pretty valuable.
With Ptl, you have 100% phys-lit. Seems a bit silly to not get arcing blows.
Also, probably should be "added lightning" that is run with ptl.

"
Collide3011 wrote:

I'm not great with majority of skills and I relied mainly on PoB to help me where possible, with the new feature of sort by Gem DPS it helped a fair amount, but I'll take it into account and look into it.

I didn't notice the Arcing Blows node (That's my own fault for never really making my own tree) so I'll look into how I can change the tree around, I've had to grab a number of Flat strength nodes just to accommodate some skills until I can grab gear which will help with that I'm kinda stuck for points right now.

Having tried half lightning and half cold on PoB tree, I've noticed it's worse than full lightning with ptl, of course taking arcing blows is a must then. I would also recommend checking Twin Terrors for massive crit chance.
yeah, I haven't really broken down which direction is "best".

Arcing blows/ptl. or Fangs of frost/winter spirit.

Winter spirit:
synergies with hatred.
paths down through duelist- leech, dw nodes, awesome melee nodes. gladiator/arena. life regen.
scion life- wheel mega life, up to templar aoe.
10% unconverted-bad. 50% lit damage, gains elemental.. but not cold.
all passive based, thus an extra socket. (CD-elematk-mphys-conc/+incaoe-FA/addcold)

Ptl:
paths up through shadow and witch.
blast radius 26% inc aoe.
less overall life. wasted es?
100% lit conversion. but, requires ptl socket. (dc-elematk-mphys-ptl-conc/incaoe/added lit-lit pen)
(lit pen should be better then added lit I think, as 6s.)
"
Casia wrote:
yeah, I haven't really broken down which direction is "best".

Arcing blows/ptl. or Fangs of frost/winter spirit.

Winter spirit:
synergies with hatred.
paths down through duelist- leech, dw nodes, awesome melee nodes. gladiator/arena. life regen.
scion life- wheel mega life, up to templar aoe.
10% unconverted-bad. 50% lit damage, gains elemental.. but not cold.
all passive based, thus an extra socket. (CD-elematk-mphys-conc/+incaoe-FA/addcold)

Ptl:
paths up through shadow and witch.
blast radius 26% inc aoe.
less overall life. wasted es?
100% lit conversion. but, requires ptl socket. (dc-elematk-mphys-ptl-conc/incaoe/added lit-lit pen)
(lit pen should be better then added lit I think, as 6s.)

Just to clarify, I'm talking specifically about dual claws raider, there have been some concepts on duelist CD but I haven't researched/tried that path at all. That said, I don't think you can go up to templar aoe unless you don't want to take the numerous good nodes near raider/shadow.

Also there is no need to go further than arcing blows even if you go ptl, for example I've only taken arcing blows from the "witch area" and I've also taken life, dual wield and frenzy charge on duelist area.

Of course there are other and perhaps better ways to build CD with hyaons, doryanis, dreamfeather or mathils new build with that 2h cold damage axe (won't bother searching for the name) for example.
there has always been way way more terrific damage nodes in ranger and shadow, then survival ones. far more then you can reasonably take.
you've always had to pick a few of the most effective. then, path over to life wheel, etc to meet your 200+% min life requirements.
uh... heres a question.

have any of us actually tried cast on channel yet?
Ek nova? glacial cascade? blade vortex? bladefall? any of them with ptl.

Mechanically, these three have some crazy good synergy.
Need to find ways to make sure they scale well.
Last edited by Casia on Aug 11, 2017, 7:26:28 PM
"
Casia wrote:
uh... heres a question.

have any of us actually tried cast on channel yet?
Ek nova? glacial cascade? blade vortex? bladefall? any of them with ptl.

Mechanically, these three have some crazy good synergy.
Need to find ways to make sure they scale well.

I haven't no, I was going to try CWC with it but with how the build turned out I decided to not bother
[3.12] Lab runner build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2972868
Ulab guide for noobs (Old but Gold) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2055995
doesn't seem to be good. you cast while channeling, which is where you are standing still. so unless you hop to the very middle of packs then channel you're really not doing much.

and that is obviously not ideal to do
"
xMustard wrote:
doesn't seem to be good. you cast while channeling, which is where you are standing still. so unless you hop to the very middle of packs then channel you're really not doing much.

and that is obviously not ideal to do

What?

With bladefall and cascade, you case the spells directly in front of you along the path you are about to dash down. So immediately deal damage, then let go, dashing down dealing more damage, along the same path.

With blade vortex, you ramp up vortexes while charging, then dash down dealing vortex aoe damage, and dash aoe damage.

The only real question is how to scale it well. attack vs spell
physical and aoe will effect all.
elemental will effect all of CD, and cascade with ptl socketed. (winter spirits cold conversion is global, but the cold damage with weapons is not.)
shadow/witch seems ideal for this. again, inc phys, inc elemental, inc aoe.

It would be really interesting if the 100% more damage was applied globally. so cwc was effected by it.
What is the ascendancy passives you get?
"
Gushorz wrote:
What is the ascendancy passives you get?

Way of the Poacher -> Avatar of Slaughter -> Quartz Infusion -> Avatar of the Veil

Sorry about that I thought I added it.
[3.12] Lab runner build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2972868
Ulab guide for noobs (Old but Gold) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2055995

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info