[3.0] Dark Pact Berserker - 10k+ Life

bandit choice?
The build does not need life leech gem at high end. This is why I think BM is a mistake. You lose a lot of DPS with LL gem instead of Warlords on blas and say empower in staff instead.

High hit DPS is key not cast speed. So Empower is better.

Leech on single target needs to exceed your health x .06

Most will have 10,000 life. So leech must exceed 600 per cast.

Tool Tip does not help us to find numbers we need. To figure this out we need to load up in Path of builder. Don't use any wither totems flasks or other tricks that might not be up in combat.

1. On config page select Shaper to account for his and other bosses resists.
2. Then go to Calcs page and find skill hit damage and take the low number.

My level 18 gem is 37,774 with lvl 4 empower and 32,896 with Life Leech gem instead.

Warlords Mark on a boss is only .4%

Pain rever leeches 1% = 37,774 x .01 = 377 life leeched not sufficient

Warlords leeches 37,774 x .004 = 151 Life leeched.

Even if we add Pain Rever's 377 to Warlords 151 it's not 600 needed. So I need more DPS or use Life Leech gem which lowers DPS.

In the beginning, at low on hit DPS, you will use all 3 methods and it still might not be enough.

Now say I have a level 20 gem on hit is 41,584

I get 415 leeched from Pain Rever and 166 from warlords. 581...getting close.

A level 21 gem is 44,330 on hit DPS.

Now we dont need LL gem to sustain on single target boss because leech is 443 + 177 from warlords. total is 620. Finally exceeds 600.

But for most ppl you will be using all 3 leech methods. Or at least LL gem and Pain Rever (3% total)

Hope this helps.

End game will be warlords, haste, and all 6 sockets in POH used for DPS.

I can almost sustain on shaper now with only warlords and pain rever. lose about 80 life a cast... Which is a lot because cast speed so fast...

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 12, 2017, 4:49:05 AM
I went with the 2 Passives for my bandits.

A question... why does the retch work with chaos damage for leeching health? Not that I need to worry about getting one in league haha.
Last edited by KeenSenses on Aug 12, 2017, 11:37:30 AM
Well you dont need retch at all. Will not use in ladder. But it does 3 things useful so I use in std.

1. 60% flask duration - very useful on burning bosses down. Kiaras lasts like 6 sec instead of 3.5 fr example.
2. 15% move speed when using flasks. with retch, haste and passives you can have 47 MS with Kaoms roots not including quicksilver.
3. DPS is 200% of what you leech. Normally a double life belt is better. But when cloaked savagery kicks in and you leech say 9000 back instant thats 18,000 chaos damage to target. Pretty significant when your hits are 30-50K end game. like up to 50% more damage under certain conditions.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 12, 2017, 2:40:40 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

3. DPS is 200% of what you leech. Normally a double life belt is better. But when cloaked savagery kicks in and you leech say 9000 back instant thats 18,000 chaos damage to target. Pretty significant when your hits are 30-50K end game. like up to 50% more damage under certain conditions.

Aim the leech effect and thus damage from the retch stops the moment you reach full health (unless you are slayer). If you have 8.7k hp and your max is 9k hp, even if you leech enough to leech 9k hp, you only leeched 300 hp and thus the damage dealt was only 600.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Last edited by Invalesco on Aug 12, 2017, 3:24:01 PM
Updated Post and added guardian videos
is Ele Equilibrium needed? does it work with chaos dmg?
"
spz420 wrote:
is Ele Equilibrium needed? does it work with chaos dmg?

Elemental Equilibrium does not proc on chaos damage, nor does it lower chaos res on hits with elemental damage.
Last edited by Enblighten on Aug 13, 2017, 11:27:33 PM
Hitting just about 52k DPS at lvl 82 with 6k health now and haven't specced s single point into crit yet. Will probably throw everything from here on out into crit, keep saving until I can get my hands on a Kaoms chest, then work towards getting an Empower gem.

I am currently only running Warlord's and Clarity. I can fit Haste in, but decided to go MoM and keep some mana. Will eventually drop Warlord's for haste for the DPS increase.

Warning: Relatively crap gear outside the 6 link Pledge. Saving for Kaoms, so being stingy...

Spoiler

Thanks Aim_Deep for all your help in game and in this thread. MUCH appreciated!
Last edited by sheeeeeeets on Aug 14, 2017, 11:33:48 AM
So, go BM or not? I can dump some currency into this build but if it requires 400c I'm just gonna go budget tbh. So if I'm going budget would you still drop BM?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info