[3.2] BUFFED "Chin Sol Trapnel Shot" - 10c Budget, farm Atziri/Uber Lab/High Maps

nvm im blind
Last edited by BittersweetMe on Jun 2, 2018, 1:59:05 PM
"
snwkill wrote:
Just a word to people new to the game leveling traps with this new league mechanic is a pain

Care to explain? Leveling right off the bat with traps will be hard since you need at least 3-4 sockets and lack the trap passives to be worth. But I switched once I got Shrapnel Shot, the 2 jewels, and a decent bow and it has been really high damage since. Have to sacrifice some nice damage gear for resists.. but nothing new with a new league.

Oddly enough, Trapnel build is the fastest I've killed any bosses for any league starter. Only spent like 1 chaos just for Hrimsorrow that is no longer needed. I killed the A4 first phase before they even switched over and he was teleporting to the hearts for the different %'s. Nerf incoming?
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Jun 2, 2018, 9:12:57 PM
How is this build measuring up with 3.3?
"
SideEffect wrote:
How is this build measuring up with 3.3?

The build has changed a bit with 3.3 and OP hasn't updated yet, but with some tweaking, it is a really powerful boss killer. This is my first trap build, but honestly my strongest boss killer up to early mapping (only up to t3 so far with a lot of optimization to go). Tinkerskin is a b**** though since all of the trap hype. Went from 1 alch last season to 30+ chaos. I'm starting to feel a bit of mana starving and the life regen ascend is nice, but need more instant heal.

League starter: 9/10 - Level whatever your pleasure is until you get some trap passives, 1 or 2 uni jewels (like 1 alch each), a 3-4 socket, and a decent bow. Plenty of cheap ones to pick up like Death's Harp and Infractem until you get Chin Sol. Then watch thing explode. I'm at t3 farming with like 10 chaos invested, and the price of everything has lowered since buying it. Cheap build except Tinkerskin to carry to late game.

Map clear - 6.5/10 - Things explode, but the aoe range on Shrapnel cone is limited. You can still drop traps and move, but nothing close to the other speed farm builds.

Boss killing - 9/10 - Things explode. With Chain Reaction, all 4 of your traps explode on contact.. up to 20+ if stacked. Also fun pre-trapping bosses and Essences and watch them get instant chunked when they spawn. I've never PvP'd, but I kind of want to pre-trap duel someone just to see how much damage it does. No 10 because of survival.

Survival - ?/10 - I'm struggling with this one. No Tinker means all of us are missing 400 HP per cast until mid game when we can afford it. And we don't get leech, so we rely on potions and life regen ascend. Also sacrificing a lot of HP for damage. There just isn't very much HP % on the direct path. I've paused doing Temple until I stopped getting nuked around a lot of corners. 3k HP at 75 isn't enough.

Feel free to ask questions or peak at my character (BDTrapnel). H/O dmg is at 4k with only a 4L.
Debating on using Blast Rain (w 75% chance for Extra Blast helmet enchantment) instead of Shrapnel Shot for ST. Thoughts?

The 2 jewels would be replaced with Abyss Jewels in that case.
After spending an hour last night playing around PoB instead of going to bed, now I'm really tempted to try Inspired Learning on the bottom right jewel slot for a speed farming variant and then put the 2nd Collateral near Golem's Blood. Still awhile until I can afford it though.

"
Sageone wrote:
Debating on using Blast Rain (w 75% chance for Extra Blast helmet enchantment) instead of Shrapnel Shot for ST. Thoughts?

The 2 jewels would be replaced with Abyss Jewels in that case.

If I read that correctly, you want to use Blast Rain for ST? Shrapnel Shot should definitely outperform Blast Rain in terms of ST damage. If you run dual 6L, the build should be primary Shrapnel with the 2 Shrapnel jewels with Blast Rain for intermittent AoE.

If you meant BR for AoE, there is nothing wrong with that and should work fine for AoE. I would probably make some changes since your damage is primarily fire from BR conversion to have some fire penetration. And depending on the calculation of damage, I would think BR damage would be better than extra blast, but nowhere near as cheap. I picked up a Shrapnel shot extra conversion helm for about 10% of the cost of Shrapnel damage enchant.
I am playing Shrapnel Shot for Single Target and Rain of Arrows for AoE.

I only have 50% conversion from Shrapnel Shot and I use the Effigon for Blind/100% chance to hit. The damage penetrates Fire Damage.

I currently deal next to no Fire Damage so I need to convert the other 50% to fire. That means I have to equip Signal Fire. Are there any other options for conversion?
"
Sageone wrote:

I only have 50% conversion from Shrapnel Shot and I use the Effigon for Blind/100% chance to hit. The damage penetrates Fire Damage.

I currently deal next to no Fire Damage so I need to convert the other 50% to fire. That means I have to equip Signal Fire. Are there any other options for conversion?

Didn't have much time to fully inspect your build, but I don't see how you are blinding enemies, so the 100% accuracy shouldn't work. Signal Fire will be your best for fire damage conversion, but here are some other options:

Blackgleam (pre-upgraded Signal Fire), does not add extra fire damage.
Hrimsorrow/Burn, gloves but converted to cold damage.
Physical to Lightning support, takes away damage gem and converted to lightning.
Winter Spirit passive, no gear change and only 40% converted to cold, but you get some WED in the process.
Pyre ring, 40% cold to fire, not advised imo.
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
Sageone wrote:

Didn't have much time to fully inspect your build, but I don't see how you are blinding enemies, so the 100% accuracy shouldn't work. Signal Fire will be your best for fire damage conversion, but here are some other options:

Blackgleam (pre-upgraded Signal Fire), does not add extra fire damage.
Hrimsorrow/Burn, gloves but converted to cold damage.
Physical to Lightning support, takes away damage gem and converted to lightning.
Winter Spirit passive, no gear change and only 40% converted to cold, but you get some WED in the process.
Pyre ring, 40% cold to fire, not advised imo.

I blind them with Born in the Shadows (Saboteur node). Nearby are blinded and traps blind on hit with 25% chance. Effigon provides 100% chance to hit on blind enemies which raises DPS a lot. I guess I will have to go with Signal Fire (which isn't bad at all).

In this case, I would get resists from: helmet, belt, boots, 1 ring - other I want to use Essence worm.

Amulet (Effigon), bow (Chin Sol), quiver (Signal Fire), gloves (I want to use 2 socket Tombfist), chest (looking at 3 options: Tinkerskin, Kaom's, QotF) and Essence Worm are the uniques I would use.
"
Sageone wrote:
I blind them with Born in the Shadows (Saboteur node). Nearby are blinded and traps blind on hit with 25% chance. Effigon provides 100% chance to hit on blind enemies which raises DPS a lot. I guess I will have to go with Signal Fire (which isn't bad at all).

In this case, I would get resists from: helmet, belt, boots, 1 ring - other I want to use Essence worm.

Amulet (Effigon), bow (Chin Sol), quiver (Signal Fire), gloves (I want to use 2 socket Tombfist), chest (looking at 3 options: Tinkerskin, Kaom's, QotF) and Essence Worm are the uniques I would use.

Ah, I forgot about that. I may have to try that later. I have 86% right now.

Tinker is still leaning on me since it opens the chance for 100% mana reserved. Wrath, Herald, and Arctic. And it should allow you to do no regen maps. Making all maps possible..? Kaom's huge HP would help a ton, but then you can't run 6L BR and SS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info