They might want to go to open beta before Diablo 3 releases.

If Diablo 3 releases before PoE, this game will be released to the sound of crickets, because everyone will be playing D3, and those of us who have been waiting like fools for a beta key will say good riddance to being treated like crap, wasting time looking at the stupid beta key app, which punishes the loyals in favor of the passing through, pissing off the player base before they even get a look at the game.
from what info i have read they will go in open beta befor diablo 3 releases. they both are very different flavors, of a loot fest aRPG. i will play both, probably d3 more than this game when both are out.

to support what i said that this will be in open beta first is that diablo is contently delayed, because blizzard has the money to make the development take a long time. they both will from what i gather be in open or releised around Q2 from what i gather. poe i think is going to be early Q2 and d3 is going to be the middle part of q2 if we are lucky( lucky for diablo 2 being releaced in may) this game is bound to be april most likely.

the thing is, they both cater to a simmilar crowd, but the differences are pretty big.

diablo 3 is a AAA title, with big funding, just they may not have the direction that some players want. and is also doing the same thing with there closed beta demo, i say demo because im sure that they are not testing systems like this game, they have in house QA for that, they test the full game. also you cant test systems fully only with a few hours of content. just the itemization up to lvl 13, and stability for a wide range of systems.in this game this closed beta is realy a beta. the accept feedback from us we are their main QA team. and a considerbaly lower buget. The buget for bot games dont matter apparently, they both are AAA quality. one is more mmo like on a server that they have to pay for (in a more instance based outlook.) the other is set up more like D2 wich is P2P, with a small main server.

the game that is going to have more support in the long run is POE, because they will have a constant stream of funding. and are i immagine is going to be updated regularly like a mmo. ware as D3 is going to be supported with 40 dollar expantions, and those are going to be only like 2-3 of those. in other words D3 is going to have the same goal for all charictor builds for about 1-2 years waras this game is going to have acts and other things more offen to keep this game fresh.

This is also not mentioning TL2, drakensang online or grim dawn. those are different games that will also be compeating with D3 and POE

in closing they both are going to have simmilar crowds, similar goals, one is going to be supported differently than the other. GGG has no reason to be afraid of d3 its not like they are both 60 dollar games. all the people that want to play this game will, if they release early they could just get ruined by all the bugs they are trying to squash. then diablo 3 releases with blizzard polish, verry little bugs is what i mean. compleatly fleshed out. and people will flock to that game. because if they release now they will have so much content that is left out like a trade feature, pvp, guild system, the other acts they promise. I feel they should not rush this game or the reseption of the mass will be less great, there will be alot of people playing this game, and on Open beta is really important for this game, that is the communitys first impresion. and could be the last if they are fed up with what content they have.

TL:DR
If they rush the game, things that are bad is going to happen, they will lose a lot of people regardless. they are going to keep this game "fresh", as in content is going to change offen. and diablo 3 is going to be more static, as in updated years appart. the two games are bringing in simalar audience, with a skew to people favoring different things. one will not destory the other. Most importantly for POE is that they have a smooth launch and content ready, or people will leave in droves. Open beta is more like a launch because people are able to keep the char that they make forever, no wipes.

TL:DR of TL:DR
POE =/= D3
one will not destroy the other.
POE contents updates more offen, like once a month to three months
D3 content updates are years apart.
they both have different flavors of the ARPG moddle
and above all they must not rush this game! or bad things will happen.
Last edited by GuNNuP on Feb 15, 2012, 5:48:08 AM
The same amount of keys are getting given out as any other game company would do. Its just over time instead of in one big clump. Also you can see the timer instead of it just being invisible. Atleast keys are given to really keen fans on the forum. Dota 2 however just gives keys to anyone. My friend who doesnt like Dota and only owns Cod mw3 and mw2 on steam got a key. Yet all my other ones who love Dota and own around 30-40+ games on it dont.

I was actually going to give you a key but then I noticed all your other posts were saying the same kinda thing : /. Some people have been waiting since last year but they arnt ranting about how the games going to get crushed by d3.

You can do other things than stare at the timer you know. You get an email if you get a beta invite. Also if you really want a key a lot of people here have friend invites so if your nice and actually contribute you can get one pretty easily. GuNNuP here is a prime example of this.
Cheaper than free... Speedtree
Last edited by Rustychops on Feb 15, 2012, 6:44:39 AM
If you agree so much with the system why don't you give your key out randomly? Oh, so you are SELECTIVE in who you give it out too? Don't defend their method of giving out keys when, by your own actions, you obviously disagree.

You weren't going to give me anything anyway. So don't try to make me feel like I did something wrong by repeating myself a few times. At least I am not writing the same kiss ass post about wanting a beta key that 90 percent of the people without one seem to do.

I didn't say the game would be crushed by D3, don't twist my words. I SAID that if they don't go to open beta before the release of D3 that a lot of POed people who didn't get a beta key will be playing D3 instead. At least D3 gave me a beta key.

You want me to contribute. I see. On a game I can't play. Uh huh. Um yea, game looks good. Cool. Can I has a beta key???
Last edited by Moridius on Feb 15, 2012, 9:18:54 AM
This game is free Diablo3 is 60$...do the math,people wont pass on free, Diablo3 will actually fuel the hype on this game IMO.
I like people like you,not kissing arse to get into the beta...because you shouldnt have to. Dont worry you'll get in soon....by the way its worth the wait
I also think, POE being free to play has a really good possibility to create a big & loyal fan base. I have been playing beta for about one week. But within this period this game has improved with each patch. At present state being an unfinished product, I am still enjoying it very much. So I believe when the game is finally out this will be a good game.
"
Moridius wrote:
...punishes the loyals in favor of the passing through...
Which group do you belong to, loyal or passing through? Considering your lack of non-complaint posts, I would go with the latter.

"
Moridius wrote:
...pissing off the player base before they even get a look at the game.
It's not a demo; it's a closed beta test. It should be understood that every account isn't going to make it in. Considering somewhere around 1/4 accounts are in, I think GGG is being very generous with beta accessibility.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Since the keys are given out randomly, it doesn't really matter which group I belong to, does it? There is no incentive to be loyal. Maybe if the system were selective more would be.

You say 1/4 received keys. What percentage of those people have inactive accounts? While people who have been posting and waiting for months have to wait around? That's just stupid, and really sticks it to those who have been truly excited about the game. And not to mention to those most likely to spend money when the game starts trying to make some.
"
Moridius wrote:
If Diablo 3 releases before PoE, this game will be released to the sound of crickets, because everyone will be playing D3, and those of us who have been waiting like fools for a beta key will say good riddance to being treated like crap, wasting time looking at the stupid beta key app, which punishes the loyals in favor of the passing through, pissing off the player base before they even get a look at the game.

I think releasing it after D3 launches would be smart:

1. People are now drawn back into the Action RPG games
2. Those who play D3 and get sick of it, or disappointed will quickly bail for something else

Launch before and people will likely drop it and go to D3 then forget about it.
Join the Veterans of War! See the thread in Off-topic for details.
The smart thing to do is to gain players now, before everyone is playing D3. Get a hook into them, get people to invest time and funds ASAP, so even if they play D3, they still have interest in this game. Trying to pull players away from D3 after it's come out is much harder. The players will follow the path of least resistance. The people at PoE have already made a huge mistake with the awful random beta key system. More people are playing the D3 beta than this game and many more are mad at PoE before they even have a chance to play!
Last edited by Moridius on Feb 15, 2012, 10:22:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info