[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

"
th3w1ildc4rd wrote:
(Speced back to Sanctuary of Thought, the loss of the mana/ES isn't worth the small'ish damage bonus. I'll just learn to get along with Flame Dash!)

you can always weaponswap brightbeak+shield with shieldcharge on maps where the apeps is overkill, swap back to them on bosses. Quicksilver of adrenaline is usually fine for me coupled with dash... it's the backtracking that kills me inside whenever I miss something.

I've been taking it slow this league, not really minmaxed anything and my gear and tree is a bit of a mess currently. Still trying to decide which path to go and what I want to do this league. Critbased has become much more available but I still want to be tanky, feel like I give up to much raw ehp for me to go crit, we'll see.
Current options I've been pondering is an 86 elder armor or Farrul's armor+aspect of cat crafted on something. Some good base ilvl86 helm is also something I'd want to get eventually with minionlife, +3minion gems to boost skelehealth and some other good stats. Always fun to dream up ideal items!

my current mess of a setup

with surge+stonegolem+bootenchant+4totems.

with surge+4totems.

Last edited by Lysithea on Mar 23, 2018, 6:52:12 PM
Re: my post above, decided to leave my choices open with crit/noncrit so I went and experimented with aspect of the cat and Farruls Fur (chest ate 956jewelers to 6s..).

Tooltip ingame went up to 58k, pob says 500k vs shaper without curse and wither if I get to skelecast (assuming pob knows how to account for the chest+aspect mechanics).
Powercharges do basically nothing still since I got shit all critmulti but the frenzycharges is nice. Might couple the chest with a decent +frenzy neck instead of +curse this league. Some added bonus of getting ~12%evasion and some physmit.

It'll be a while until I can evaluate whether I'll go crit/noncrit, gotta stock up on a healthy base of Chaos.

Last edited by Lysithea on Mar 26, 2018, 4:05:48 PM
quick update:

Atlas completed, first shaper kill was a bit messy, forgot to check my prophecys and got some annoying lightning tempest, not ideal.
13/15 fragments so far, still trying to spawn elder on t15. Red elder is perfectly doable but I'm worried about uber elder. Might be too many random dmg sources killing totems too often, also no real spammable mobility ability with wands is an issue. I kind of want to stay true to the original 2xapeps but I might have to divert and figure something out if I decide to go for him eventually. Still haven't gone crit, it's always nagging back in my head but I like my raw ehp and regen too much still.

SC players should definitely do crit based.
I crafted a thing!

I think I've finally settled on skipping crit this league too.

Aspect of the Cat doesn't seem to work in PoB since dps doesn't go down if I don't use the ring. Factoring in that, I should have 1m+ dps on shaper. PoB shows me nearly at 1m dps, about 70k tooltip ingame with selfbuffs for reference.
11.2k ehp (+1.8k es). 1980combined regen with stuff up.

currentsetup

10bricked added chaos so far, im at war with them

Last edited by Lysithea on Apr 1, 2018, 12:08:55 PM
Hey all. First time posting on the PoE forums. This is my second league, I joined about 2 weeks into Abyss. I've been running this build as my league starter and am quite in love with it. I'm posting my end game build and tree. I used the original specs for leveling up, then at around 75 started to morph into a hybrid of Lysithea and th3w1ildc4rd. I've since tried the Soul Mantle route as well and found it to be quite horrifying given the glass cannon aspect of it. This week, I fully redid all of my gear (at level 89) and the build is totally shining right now. I've downed Normal Elder and fully ascended in Uber lab yesterday (*&$(% RNG on my last Trial). I found both bosses to be trivial, particularly Uber lab. I've run maps up to T14, along with many of the Unique maps and have found that the bosses are all trivial, mechanics and sloppy boss rooms are the only time I've died (Malformation :/ ). PoE Builder puts my Total DPS at around 193k, eHP at north of 7k, and resistances sitting around 125 uncapped (9% Chaos). The runs are nice and smooth, and I rarely feel pressure from being overwhelmed by mobs. I would estimate my gear to be about 8 Exalted worth, but the build functioned as needed at a much lower price (maybe around 1.5E to get into the Red maps).

Gear

Flasks

Jewels

I can't stress enough the importance to new players to:
a. check ranges on gear when you buy it and buy the highest range you can afford, instead of the first item on the list
b. address your gems! My DPS went from 39k to 54k just buying a Level 21 Dark Pact and filling out its support gems with 23 quality gems. Yes, it's very expensive, but it's huge as far as bang for the buck.

I'm happy to hear any critiques/suggestions or to answer any questions. Hopefully, I'll be posting that I killed Uber Elder and Shaper in the next week or so.

Last edited by Sogath on Apr 11, 2018, 12:35:25 PM
Hi can't seem to find any info on what to do with the bandits. Can someone help me out please. Maybe I've just missed something obvious
Kill all for the points, its under the levelling section.
arcane surge works with sanctuary of thought?
any update for 3.3?
"
RatedPG wrote:
any update for 3.3?

Seconded, loved this build last league, love use it again!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info