[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

"
deinernst123 wrote:
Can you make reliable uber lab runs with this build? And i dont mean for the points, i mean to realiably farm it? The single target damage in your showcase videos seems very underwhelming (especially against atziri, i mean its fine but at level 93 you should melt her into oblivion)

Almost 60 labs here, 0 problems. I run through traps and feels like they do no damage, for a totem build the single target is fine especially with this new boss life.
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!
Last edited by Mawwk on Aug 25, 2017, 7:39:52 AM
"
verge wrote:
Hi Orion72, what would your recommended 6L be for The Covenant if Added Chaos is taken out?

Conc all day.
I replaced Faster Casting for Conc on my main links and it's not much of a deal losing FC when you have Arcane surge up, damage it's way better and since you have 4 totems, you will never notice the less aoe.
Totems for life!
Last edited by Mawwk on Aug 25, 2017, 7:43:10 AM
"
Aedax wrote:
Guys, is there any sweet stat/craft on rings and amulet that benefits us a lot (besides the usual life, mana, es, res etc)

Essence of Envy crafted on rings and amulet.
Totems for life!
How can I know if my totems are res capped?
"
TheLastWound wrote:
How can I know if my totems are res capped?

Merciless: 40 / 40 / 40 / 20 This is their resists when you kill a10 kitava, you need +35% so they can be capped.

You get +16% from the node around Totemic Mastery and +10 nearby Ancestral Bond. they will be at 66% all res, to cap the rest you need a Jewel that can get +10% totem res
Totems for life!
Last edited by Mawwk on Aug 25, 2017, 8:37:01 AM
Last edited by davc1234567890 on Aug 25, 2017, 8:59:49 AM
Re Spire of stone:
I haven't notice the totems getting stunned excessively by the high level content. If you feel this is an issue as you go along, nothing wrong with trying this jewel out.

Re Stat priorities on gear:
1. Cap resses and bring chaos res up to +20 or so
2. Flat Life/flat mana
3. Movement speed (I know at least one person was using a devoto's devotion and sounded happy with it)
4. Spell damage/chaos damage/area damage/totem damage

Re Alternate tree:
Seems fine. Not sure if it's a higher dps tree than the lvl 93 version, but definitely better life at a little cost to mana. No criticism of it.

Links I would use in a 6L Covenant:
DP>Spell totem>Void Manip>Controlled Destruction>Conc Effect>Faster Casting*

POB would recommend efficacy or iron will over faster casting. I still would go faster casting as the damage difference is fairly small and FC also impacts totem placement speed and I personally enjoy having those appear as instantaneously as possible. As always, ymmv.

Re high level map mods to avoid:
Honestly we can run anything. I have now run this build through T14s with four damage mods without incident. No Regen is probably the least fun mod to run, but it's entirely doable. All that said, some combinations of map mods are less fun/more dangerous than others and should be handled with care. Some mods become ridiculous on certain bosses and are better avoided on those maps (Multiple projectiles and increased damage in plaza, inc aoe on phoenix, or vulnerability with increased damage on Chimera, for example).

Re How it plays in hc:
HC is where the build was born. This is genuinely the most fun I've had with any build playing hc since I started back in Invasion, because of its ability to face virtually all the content with relatively low risk of dying. Other than the very top end bosses (Uber Atziri, Shaper) I have exactly 0 deaths on this build.

Re Pros/Cons:

Pros have been discussed at length.

Con: The single target damage is good, but not world-beating. T16 Bosses die, but they won't just melt. Shaper has been beaten, but he is difficult. Same with Uber Atziri. This doesn't feel like much of a con, and it isn't, but if I had to pick something that was a little weak in the build, this would be it.

-O

Last edited by Orion72 on Aug 25, 2017, 12:55:43 PM
Hi,

I did some path of building planning today, since I am about to spend quite a bit of currency on the build soon and thought I would share the outcome. First a few quick remarks:

1) I play SC.

2) I am assuming for the calculations we have a lot to spend and running in 6-L covenant/soul with nice rares+jewels. I did not put resist on the custom gear pieces on purpose, I wanted to see how much I need to roll total to cap.

3) It is worth noting though that the most amazing thing about Orion's original build is that you can farm t14-15 in 35c worth of items without breaking a sweat. However in the "cheap" phase of the progression the only real priority is not dying. Damage is plenty enough for speed clearing t14 so I'd just try to avoid the occasional random-death. For this purpose the skill tree of OP is great (with a tiny modification maybe, see below), and the 4-jewel variotion i will post works as well. DPS dun matter.

4) My current build: https://pastebin.com/1H3jirAY
It is a bit messy, but works fine right now. Changes should happen soon.
===

So here is my path of building pastebins. Note that dps is set vs boss and using conc effect (really dps improvements in this build are only relevant in boss fights):

I) Orion's original tree + Covenant: https://pastebin.com/9GgpurWp
II) Orion's build with slightly optimized dps nodes (20 dex traded for more life and dps basically): https://pastebin.com/9bHg1ysy
Not much to say, Precision is just not a great node unless one really needs the +20 dex.

III) The "Middle-East" version: We branch out slightly to the east, giving up 2 jewel slots and resists to grab more life, dps, energy shield. This is probably inferior to Orion's if you have GG jewels. But it is cheaper. Also you prol dont need the res from the tree with only 3 unique items in the build
https://pastebin.com/YVtdfumP

IV) Soul mantle variation. Using orion's pathing since with -2 rare rings you probably want the resist from the tree. I dont like this version too much. Much more expensive to get rares for it, and not enough extra damage to compensate for lost tankiness:
https://pastebin.com/dCu4Q4fr

V) The "Far-east" version: Coldhearted Assasination. Far-eastern templars are no joke man. Covenant+crit build. Imho the correct approach if one wants to boost dps of the build at the cost of life. Not sure if I want that though. I would not attempt this before level 92, and 1k chaos sitting in the treasury anyhow, but it might be fun:
https://pastebin.com/APk7wK1Y

- Crit + Soul Mantle omitted since it is defensive capabilities are below my standards. Pretty looking tooltip damage doesnt rescurrect dead exiles. Nuff said.

- You can add power charges for even more lost defenses to the crit version but meh. At that point you might as well stop acting like you even care about dying and remove stone golem + one cwdt and set up a power charge on crit link. All around bad idea though.

- Every Covenant version also works with Cherrubim's (and added chaos instead of faster cast ofc). Damage might be more or less than with covenant depending on Cherrubim's stats. I dont really like losing es and the high dex requirement, but sure as hell it beats my tabula.

====
TLDR: Orion's skilltree from the faq (with tiny changes) is likely all around best, provided you can get 6 decent jewels (+ clear mind ofc). There are some viable variations. If you are rich and brave you might wanna go crit.

p.s.: anybody knows a quick way to export stats of builds from path of building? i cant even copypaste from that window on the left.
Last edited by Artagas on Aug 25, 2017, 1:47:04 PM

Found this on POE trade for 10c today. No life, but the resists help and DEX is nice for frenzy/faster attacks. Not the best - but definitely an affordable upgrade over the Tabula.
Last edited by meltedopen on Aug 25, 2017, 3:31:21 PM
Do you think this is a good build for group play? My buddy will be playing a Witch SRS build. Thanks in advance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info