[3.0] Death's Hall and Oaths - 6l ED + Death's Oath zerker

I made a very similar build. I'm really struggling without the 2 curses as my HP pool is much lower at the moment.

Have you considered

The helm applies a -10% chaos res debuff to mobs in its cone of effect and triggers off any skill you use such as abyssal cry. I find it really handy but the rest of the stats on the helm do not benefit the build at all.

I really like this build but not for the reasons I thought I would. It provides a playstyle that you really don't experience with any other build in the game. Unlike RF, you really fear for your life rather than just shield charge in and effortlessly melt everything.

This is not a build where the "point" is to farm end game bosses/maps - there's dozens of those out there. For me, this build just really feels unique and I've enjoyed playing it (even if limited to white/yellow maps). I'll continue to work on it and see how far I can push.

Also, Edge of Madness was a very decent 2H that boosted the damage of the aura for anyone who might want to try this out but doesn't want to drop a lot of currency on 2 BotC. you could also slap on Bisco's neck/belt and just sprint down the blood aqueducts and farm cards/currency or gem leveling.
"
muzein wrote:
I made a very similar build. I'm really struggling without the 2 curses as my HP pool is much lower at the moment.

Have you considered

The helm applies a -10% chaos res debuff to mobs in its cone of effect and triggers off any skill you use such as abyssal cry. I find it really handy but the rest of the stats on the helm do not benefit the build at all.

I really like this build but not for the reasons I thought I would. It provides a playstyle that you really don't experience with any other build in the game. Unlike RF, you really fear for your life rather than just shield charge in and effortlessly melt everything.

This is not a build where the "point" is to farm end game bosses/maps - there's dozens of those out there. For me, this build just really feels unique and I've enjoyed playing it (even if limited to white/yellow maps). I'll continue to work on it and see how far I can push.

Also, Edge of Madness was a very decent 2H that boosted the damage of the aura for anyone who might want to try this out but doesn't want to drop a lot of currency on 2 BotC. you could also slap on Bisco's neck/belt and just sprint down the blood aqueducts and farm cards/currency or gem leveling.

Glad you are enjoying the build!

I have tried the helm, and I just prefer scolds (maybe personal bias since scolds is my favorite item).

Obviously scolds isnt easily available on league, so for sure your helm is a viable alternative.
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
I forgot to mention, Item Rarity and Item Quantity gems also work in the chest. Makes for a nice hands-free currency farmer with the bisco's combo.
"
muzein wrote:
I forgot to mention, Item Rarity and Item Quantity gems also work in the chest. Makes for a nice hands-free currency farmer with the bisco's combo.

Forgot about those ones
Hey, love this build! Trying to make it myself in standard before trying it out in Harbinger...

One question, are you absolutely positive that aura effectiveness/AoE on the tree affect death's oath? I've gotten mixed answers on Reddit and other sources, just wanted to know if you had a way to prove it.
"
Drixiss wrote:
Hey, love this build! Trying to make it myself in standard before trying it out in Harbinger...

One question, are you absolutely positive that aura effectiveness/AoE on the tree affect death's oath? I've gotten mixed answers on Reddit and other sources, just wanted to know if you had a way to prove it.

Yes, death aura is modified exactly in the same manner as other aura's - you will not see a tooltip change but they are affected.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6rojbk/in_case_anyone_is_preparing_to_use_deaths_oath/
Recently I have decided to give this one a try and actually got myself a 6L 5 Offcolour Death's Oath.
The character is almost level 90 now and I have to say that I am enjoying it alot. The only major thing I've changed about the build was to use a Blight in the setup because it also gets affected by the Conc Effect and you can use 2 of the Blight Jewels to make enemies that are hindered by it take increased Chaos damage, which has been working out great so far.

I can really recomend this build for anyone that has a bit of currency sitting around and wants to try something unusual.
"
Sporeaner wrote:
Recently I have decided to give this one a try and actually got myself a 6L 5 Offcolour Death's Oath.
The character is almost level 90 now and I have to say that I am enjoying it alot. The only major thing I've changed about the build was to use a Blight in the setup because it also gets affected by the Conc Effect and you can use 2 of the Blight Jewels to make enemies that are hindered by it take increased Chaos damage, which has been working out great so far.

I can really recomend this build for anyone that has a bit of currency sitting around and wants to try something unusual.

thats awesome man!

I dont know why, but I wasnt satisfied when I tried using blight with those 2 jewels, for me the 5l ED just felt better. I guess to each our own =p
Have you tried the Blight Gloves Allelopathy, any thoughts on them, I was thinking maybe instead of Temporal chains, and then use the points to get more damage next to the CI node.
"
sparkdaniel wrote:
Have you tried the Blight Gloves Allelopathy, any thoughts on them, I was thinking maybe instead of Temporal chains, and then use the points to get more damage next to the CI node.

thanks to a few players, I have been informed that the Death Aura can in fact be modified by additional gems such as swift affliction and Efficacy provided that you also use arcane surge with the Death aura.

Because of this new information, I am now trying out the Allelopathy gloves with blight.

Currently, the death aura has sky-rocketed in damage while using two low level supports. Tooltip sitting at 17k, will probably hit 20k + once I level the gems.

That means after aura bonus, the damage will be 30k, which is then multiplied by vulnerability and spreading rot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info