Dark Pact

So if you're like me, you're obviously theorycrafting Dark Pact on Path of Building. And if you're also like me, you're using skeletons as your punching bag for this skill gem. But also, you're pulling your hair out because Path of Building hasn't found a way to fully calculate the damage of your skeleton's life pool quite yet, and you're missing a huge chunk of damage that is clearly missing. Honestly though, I've put this build on a bunch of different classes and found only one that can push the self casting damage to 700k. That being said, If I was to switch to skeletons and use them, the calculator says I would be doing 250k DPS. That's true, but when you take away minion life passives, there's no fluctuation in damage. So in all reality I'm doing more damage than I think I'm doing. Which is great, but I'd like to see exactly my total damage so I can continue to work on my theorycrafted build. To conclude, this gem is amazing. :)
Do % increases in damage scale the damage that's done to the enemy from the skeleton/HP drain? Trying to figure out if chaos% dmg or cast speed is the way to go on this skill for my minion-based build. Not sure if I wanna use The Scourge or Apep's Rage.

Overall I'm finding the skill very fun and unique, albeit a bit clunky sometimes.
"
joeone wrote:
Do % increases in damage scale the damage that's done to the enemy from the skeleton/HP drain? Trying to figure out if chaos% dmg or cast speed is the way to go on this skill for my minion-based build. Not sure if I wanna use The Scourge or Apep's Rage.

Overall I'm finding the skill very fun and unique, albeit a bit clunky sometimes.

minion life will scale the base damage, that is then increased by your chaos, spell and aoe damage.

my char IMustHaveMyRevenge has a skill tree you can look at. You want a lot of minion life, and then put everything else into chaos and spell dmg. Cast speed is good as well, as always. My gear is shite, but can easily do some low level maps on my 4 link. Plan to grab some uniques to check the dps boost, potentially a sidhebreath and an armor crafted with essence of fear

Apep's rage or whats-it-called i hear is very good for this, and would bet it's better than scourge thnx to cast speed and the huge flat chaos.
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
Last edited by Saltygames on Aug 9, 2017, 5:30:06 AM
How exactly does this tooltip reflect the actual damage being done?

Does it take into account the sacrificed life for it's calculation, cause to me it appears to not do that but i could be wrong.

The poison damage scaling seems bonkers in the tooltip as-well.

As an example, dark pact with 6k dps reads as 60-105 poison damage and that with some investment in poison increased damage as-well.

I guess this tooltip needs a lot of additional calculations added to it compared to a straight forward skill.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
How exactly does this tooltip reflect the actual damage being done?

Does it take into account the sacrificed life for it's calculation, cause to me it appears to not do that but i could be wrong.

The poison damage scaling seems bonkers in the tooltip as-well.

As an example, dark pact with 6k dps reads as 60-105 poison damage and that with some investment in poison increased damage as-well.

I guess this tooltip needs a lot of additional calculations added to it compared to a straight forward skill.

Peace,

-Boem-

Tool tip damage will never truly reflect the overall damage that you're doing with just about every build. To fully calculate your true damage numbers, you need to use software such as Path of Building to see the full potential of your build. For example, I have an Assassin DP build and so far it's doing close to 100k damage at lvl 51, but my tooltip says I'm only doing 6k.
So if this skill "removes life" rather than damages me, why does casting this on myself stop my ES from recharging? Intended or bug?
"
J4zzyJ wrote:
So if this skill "removes life" rather than damages me, why does casting this on myself stop my ES from recharging? Intended or bug?

Because ES Recharge is not prevented by Damage alone, but also by Life/ES loss/removal. It's quite that simple.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 10, 2017, 8:16:36 AM
So this skill removes life, even if you have ES. As CI you don't lose any HP I guess because 6% of 1 HP is rounded to 0. As for the damage when you are CI you would only be dealing the flat chaos damage, correct? Because again 6% of 1 is 0.
"
Kabushiki wrote:
So this skill removes life, even if you have ES. As CI you don't lose any HP I guess because 6% of 1 HP is rounded to 0. As for the damage when you are CI you would only be dealing the flat chaos damage, correct? Because again 6% of 1 is 0.

You can't run this build at all with CI. If you did it with self cast, you would one shot yourself, and if you did it with skeletons, you would be dealing 6% of their HP but once all of them die and you get stuck casting without noticing their death, you would again one shot yourself. So CI is kind of out of the picture with this one.
"
Morphyne123 wrote:
If you did it with self cast, you would one shot yourself,[..]

Dark Pact leaves you with 1 Life, it cannot kill you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info