3.0 Cold Pen Glacial Cascade Mines

Guys, how are you doing Vorici daily quest with this character? Everything dies instantly, so it is quite impossible to keep the boss alive, while killing the minions. Also, I don't see how I can keep the boss at low life for 8 seconds, when it dies instantly to my mines...

Any advice?
"
Kalsten wrote:
Guys, how are you doing Vorici daily quest with this character? Everything dies instantly, so it is quite impossible to keep the boss alive, while killing the minions. Also, I don't see how I can keep the boss at low life for 8 seconds, when it dies instantly to my mines...

Any advice?

It's annoying but doable. How you do it depends. For low life, I tend to pull some of my support gems and be careful with mine placement. Removeing minefield and one of the more gems allows a lot more control. For either of the kill boss but not guard or kill guards but not boss, you just have to spend a bit of time splitting the group. If you have to leave a guard, pull the boss aware from the guards a bit, generally some casters will get left behind. For kill all guards, you can try to hit them all in one group and hope guards die first, which often happens, or you can try to split off the boss. It just takes fiddling.
I just attempt it with skill gems in. If I have to let one mob live, or whatever, I do my best but a lot of times it's up to chance.
So, I have finished the game, and I am playing maps now. I am suffering a lot doing lvl 4+ , specially with rare maps. I die a lot, and I don't know if it is just that I suck at the game, or if I can change something.

I will try to show you my equipment right now. I have 3k life, and 2k mana:

Your equipment definitely can be upgraded, but really I don't see a reason why you should struggle so much on low lvl maps. I only have 4.1k HP and 2.3k mana and I'm currently running t12 maps with minimal effort. You don't need remote mine support in the tremor rod. Are your resistances capped? They look kinda low. Making sure they're capped is the top priority. I would suggest getting better boots with movement speed - at least 25% - this build is pretty squishy, so mobility is important. The amulet doesn't look too hot, and you want better life and mana rolls on everything. The cool thing about this build is that it's really cheap. You can find decent gear for every slot for like 1c and that will get you well into maps. I'm pretty sure you can get to ~t9 with about 10c worth of gear.

I assume that you're getting killed by spike damage, from which we don't really have any protection, aside from MoM. Mobility and situational awareness are your friends. Try removing concentrated effect support and see if it makes a difference - this will allow you to stand further away and pull fewer mobs at a time. You can add it back later when your aoe range gets bigger. You can also try getting bubbling or seething life flasks and see if that works for you. CwDT and immortal call don't have to be lvl1, upgrade them a little.

Another upgrade I highly recommend is Lavianga's spirit
as it allows you to spam mines without having to worry about mana, and since we have a big aoe it refills very quickly. With this flask your mana will basically always be full, which gives you a buffer for MoM.
Thank you very much :)
Hey guys,

After i read trough the whole thread i wanted to share my Gear atm and to ask for some advice.

I'm running T10-12 Maps atm but often struggle with the bosses because i die pretty fast. I'm at around 4.5K Health and 2.1K Mana. I'm planning on changing out the ring for one with more life and mana.

Resists are capped. And my average Damage is around 13.000.

I would be very happy if you guys could give some advice ;) Thx
You need armor and evasion badly! I tried wearing a carcass and the dps only went up 1k more so not going to bother. I went back to a belly armor and it's so much better!! THE BEST.
Buttt~ I am now dying to rare corrupted t12+ maps.. I am going to try to farm yellow and then red maps a bit before I try to rare corrupt again :(( Not sure if that's hard solo for every build or just this build.
I know it's super late, and honestly don't know if it'll help anyone. Playing Ziggy's build, I find that I'm super squishy (because lack of good movement skill also means I can't dodge shit with my 4.6k lifepool), my damage isn't that great, and map clearspeed is incredibly slow because Flame Dash feels awful with little to no cast speed. I switched to daggers and it instantly felt a lot better.

I think the optimal setup would be a nice spellshield with high spell crit and a crit multi dagger: so much more damage, much more crit, and faster map clearspeed because faster movement. Shield Charge also lets you dodge attacks (so, taking less damage) and applies Fortify, making you a lot tankier as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info