[3.0] Self-Cast Dark Pact Occultist - over 3mil Shaper DPS

"
Nostrademous wrote:

Lightning Golem shows the most DPS for me.. b/c of the cast speed. Flame Golem does apply to spells, but is about 0.2% lower DPS for me per PoB calculations.

Fix you wand... it's white. Just make it magic at least :P

Best of Luck; also a 4-Link on DP is better than a 4-Link OoS setup; and saying that, please re-read my original post as I made some updates and no longer even use OoS.

EDIT: welp i was doing daresso's dream. in the last arena with the unique stage bosses, game decided to be like nah fam gonna freeze for a couple seconds, audio still playing, computer still fine, it catches up and i'm surrounded by skeletons and also dead.

oh yeah i should probably throw an orb on my wand. Although i'll probably check the vendor to see if i can get something better, i should be able to buy fauns horns now and they have higher spell damage

Main reason i haven't used the 4L for DP is because A it is 4 blue not 3 blue 1 green and also I don't have all the supports i need yet like added chaos, spell echo, and increased aoe.

For my weapons I want 2 wands/daggers right? Which would be better for dps and if i went wands would I want cast speed wands or spell damage wands?

I think i will take the hint and drop OoS because it feels clunky to use anyway.

You don't have regular summon skelies anymore? Don't need them at a certain point i'm guessing?
Last edited by IANF1 on Aug 10, 2017, 2:27:19 AM
I have some questions:

-Why are you going for crit if your are using controlled destruction?

-How high is the leech? I'm thinking in berserker but I dont know if you can facetank with occulist, because I think 100% leech from berserker is overkill.
Made a new character to try this build. I'm having huge mana issues. There are some occasions where my DarkPact stalls on casting because I'm out of mana. When my potions are out of charges.. this means death if I'm next to a boss or a dangerous pack. Even if I have a mana flask running, if there's something that is preventing the rate of mana leech from being sufficient, it doesn't matter how much mana flasks I have-- the guzzling rate on Dark Pact is just overwhelming.

There's a certain flask that gives 0 mana cost to spells, but not yet available in the league.
I started the league with a different build in mind(Storm Burst), but now at level 38 I decided to try Dark Pact and loving it. Problem is that I took Kraityn reward from Bandits quest. Now I am unsure if I should start over with new character or just keep going and respecc to Alira when I can afford respec recipe :P What woudl you recommend?

Edit: I went ahead and rerolled, as I realised I also messed up my tree a bit, too much respeccing and too far from Vaal Pack.
Last edited by nefczi on Aug 10, 2017, 7:19:10 AM
Also-- I have a recommendation. Have you considered using Kitava's Thirst with this build? The helm will proc spells fairly often.

I'd imagine 4 defensive spell set up would be safe. I'm also trying out essence drain + contagion in helm slot atm.
"
ByR wrote:
I have some questions:

-Why are you going for crit if your are using controlled destruction?

This was already answered earlier but Controlled Destruction doesn't remove crit chance, just reduces it. The net spell damage gain is much greater than the loss of that crit chance.

"
ByR wrote:
-How high is the leech? I'm thinking in berserker but I dont know if you can facetank with occulist, because I think 100% leech from berserker is overkill.

In Occultist the leech rate is dependent on the strength of the Warlord's Mark curse (to clarify - I don't mean gem level - honestly the leech doesn't go up with gem level, it's always 2% - I mean mob curse resistance). So on most mobs the leech is 2% (for life and mana). On hexproof mobs it is 0%. On Guardians/Shaper who have a 80% curse reduction I believe, it would be 0.4% of your damage.

The leech is large enough as the damage scales... something like 60k per hit with end-game gear.
Nostrademous
Last edited by Nostrademous on Aug 10, 2017, 8:09:20 AM
"
enfo wrote:
Also-- I have a recommendation. Have you considered using Kitava's Thirst with this build? The helm will proc spells fairly often.

I'd imagine 4 defensive spell set up would be safe. I'm also trying out essence drain + contagion in helm slot atm.

Interesting idea... not sure what gems I would put in there. I agree it would proc a lot as my DP is over 100 mana and my cast rates is over 6 casts per second. However... putting in that helm drops my DPS by about 10% because of the cast rate reduction (not that DPS is lacking). So it is an option.

What gems would you use?
Nostrademous
"
enfo wrote:
Made a new character to try this build. I'm having huge mana issues. There are some occasions where my DarkPact stalls on casting because I'm out of mana. When my potions are out of charges.. this means death if I'm next to a boss or a dangerous pack. Even if I have a mana flask running, if there's something that is preventing the rate of mana leech from being sufficient, it doesn't matter how much mana flasks I have-- the guzzling rate on Dark Pact is just overwhelming.

There's a certain flask that gives 0 mana cost to spells, but not yet available in the league.

That can happen in a 6-link (partially do to the gloves we use too as it affects all gems) although I have addressed this with just upping my mana pool a bit and being more precise with when I cast. It wasn't a problem at T10 maps yet for me (watch the posted videos for proof).
Nostrademous
Hi just wondering if a 6l is necessary for doing higher tier maps? Would a 4l still suffice? Also, just a request if you managed to do any atziri/uber lab runs could post videos (to showcase damage diff between 4l/5l/6l). Sorry if I'm asking for too much :P
"
IANF1 wrote:
You don't have regular summon skelies anymore? Don't need them at a certain point i'm guessing?

Sorry about the RIP. I find the skeletons clunky honestly. I can see the use for non-mobile single-target bosses, but that's about it.. and even then I never use it.
Nostrademous

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info