[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

"
Decadent_Omar wrote:
"
haxers wrote:
Priority will be defenses, so %increased max life and + resists are always welcome. Then if you have enough budget (may be costly if you want 3 or more of these mods in the same jewel) you may want to have these mods as well %spell damage, %cold damage, %cast speed, %crit chance, and % crit multi.

thanks , can you comment on my current gear ? I linked them above

Let's see.

- 5L Taryn's is ok. If you can find and afford a good rare 6L staff with + level cold gem, + cold damage to spells together with the same mods as I've mentioned with the jewels, I think that will net you better overall DPS until if you can/want to push for 6L Taryn's.

- Could use a higher life roll on helm.

- Chest is ok.

- For amu, If you are comfortable enough with your hp/resists I say its ok until you can find a better rare or even pandemonius.

- Could use higher life rolls on rings as well.

- Gloves are ok, same as my comment with amu.

- Belt is ok, same as my comment with amu.

- Could use a higher life roll for boots.

You have a number of uniques here. Personally, I'm not a fan of multitude of uniques on a build as it limits the flexibility unless when you are starting/leveling out (cheap uniques) or its a build-enabling / BiS game-changer unique.

"Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness." - The Shaper
Last edited by haxers on Sep 14, 2017, 2:08:31 PM
"
drizuid wrote:
I got the 5link off 9 jewelers and 7 fusings (and 3 chromatics)... i'm not sure if thats good or not.. but i was happy since the staff was a 2 socket no link.

Uh, yeah -- with luck like that you should be in Vegas... :D
hi all
what better +3 6l staff or 6l taryns?
thx
░███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░
░█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░
░█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░
Last edited by Besovskii on Sep 16, 2017, 5:24:15 AM
I've been enjoying this build a ton myself.

I think I'm in pretty good shape with my current gear as compared to the listed items, but I'm curious if anyone would have some suggestions on where to go from here?

Character should be public, thanks in advance
"
v1c10us wrote:
I think I'm in pretty good shape with my current gear as compared to the listed items, but I'm curious if anyone would have some suggestions on where to go from here?

What are you looking to do? What are you having problems with? You've got good gear, a 6L Taryn's, a Pandemonius amulet, and a 21/20 Frostbolt gem. I would think you should be able to clear T13 and T14 maps as you are now...

"
What are you looking to do? What are you having problems with? You've got good gear, a 6L Taryn's, a Pandemonius amulet, and a 21/20 Frostbolt gem. I would think you should be able to clear T13 and T14 maps as you are now...

Yeah I've cleared through 15's pretty easily. I guess I'm wondering if there's any way to improve to make something like killing Shaper reasonable. I know this build was specifically mentioning it's not a great boss killer. Perhaps the right answer is to just farm for another character from this point?
Last edited by v1c10us on Sep 16, 2017, 1:29:02 PM
What do you think about this reddit post?
https://www.google.de/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/45wbmw/best_totem_skill_for_single_target/

Is this the solution for the singel target damage. We could use this setup in the 2. weaponslot.
1)What do you think about searing bond and flame surge?
2)What do you think about Blade fall+totem+conc effect+added fire+controlled destruction/faster casting?

Both questions belong to the topic how to improve singe target damge

Kind regards
Last edited by Klassenliste on Sep 16, 2017, 7:31:12 PM
"
Klassenliste wrote:
What do you think about this reddit post?
https://www.google.de/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/45wbmw/best_totem_skill_for_single_target/

Is this the solution for the singel target damage. We could use this setup in the 2. weaponslot.
1)What do you think about searing bond and flame surge?
2)What do you think about Blade fall+totem+conc effect+added fire+controlled destruction/faster casting?

Both questions belong to the topic how to improve singe target damge

Kind regards

Hmm. Post was a year ago. The game has undergone some significant changes. Double dipping got nerfed which both of those setups boast.
"Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness." - The Shaper
"
aurorpoe wrote:

Let's see.

Gear

Headgear - Good rolls and enchant. Room for improvement on life roll.
Chest - ok
Gloves - ok
Belt - ok good rolls
Boots - ok, can push for higher life rolls as well
weapon - definitely ok
amulet - definitely ok
rings - opal ring is good but could get better life rolls, on other ring, lightning damage on attack is wasted, can get higher life rolls as well.

Gems

6L gems are your main priorities. 20/20 them and get 21/20 FB if you can. Other gem links are fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info