[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

Cmon guys help a newbie out here ;p

Got few more questions...

1. From what point do u start using totems attached to cast frostbolt...and whaat lvl should that be?
2. What gems should i attach to a 4 link with frostbolt..
3. Should i just get a 4 socket staff with 1 to socket gems?
Feels like just 1 stat item with no spell dmg at all..is t worth 2 rare items with all kinds of nice stats...??
"
Cheydinhal wrote:

1. From what point do u start using totems attached to cast frostbolt...and whaat lvl should that be?
Feels like just 1 stat item with no spell dmg at all..is t worth 2 rare items with all kinds of nice stats...??

1. I was lvl 85 before I started using FB totems. FB scales with gemlvl everything below a lvl 19 is trash. I used Shockwavetotem non-crit until then.
2. Get a Tabula if u try with a 4-link, the debuff from spelltotem is just too much. Its 12c right now so just 6 unid vendor recipes. Takes an hour at most.

I have 15+ corrupted lvl 20 frostbolts that dont sell for 4c in my stash, feel free to pm me ingame u will get one for free
"
FreedomOI wrote:
"
Cheydinhal wrote:

1. I was lvl 85 before I started using FB totems. FB scales with gemlvl everything below a lvl 19 is trash. I used Shockwavetotem non-crit until then.
2. Get a Tabula if u try with a 4-link, the debuff from spelltotem is just too much. Its 12c right now so just 6 unid vendor recipes. Takes an hour at most.

I have 15+ corrupted lvl 20 frostbolts that dont sell for 4c in my stash, feel free to pm me ingame u will get one for free

Thx for ur answer. But im not talking about end game yet..imhaving trouble while levelling what to do..
Currently lvl 30
So talking about lvl 30-70
What gems to use as support and what weapons to use...
Also do i use armor armor parts or energy shield?
you can do lab soon,then you will have 3 totems,that's pretty good,for support gems use what the OP suggested. this setup is pretty good, i did all act bosses deathless even act 10 kitava,for end game weapon its what you can afford, i use taryns because its cheap and is currently fine for yellow maps
"
Cheydinhal wrote:
"
FreedomOI wrote:
"
Cheydinhal wrote:

Thx for ur answer. But im not talking about end game yet..imhaving trouble while levelling what to do..
Currently lvl 30
So talking about lvl 30-70
What gems to use as support and what weapons to use...
Also do i use armor armor parts or energy shield?

Get a 4link with Shockwave totem, finish normal laby, dont take ancesteral bonds!!
Do the library quest get a blade Vortex! or buy one...
The totems(dual) are for rushing through the lay outs and killing trash...
BV is the strongest single target in early game just cast 20 blades and melt bosses

I did that on day 1 and made it to act 10 in 5:30, Iam not the best racer...
i see you are nowhere near ancestrial bond,start going towards that,i got there around level 28 i think,then i had 2 totems then soon 3,just 1 totem with 2 supp gems isnt much

nvm freedom knows this better i just said what worked for me this league and in abyss :)
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Mar 13, 2018, 8:38:26 AM
https://poeplanner.com/AAwAAEcADAUAACD53YuMwJoJqtn8wGY8Be98n9-aO4Kb7TzVpkVHMtHr7nyDES0snLzqakMI9G0Zl_RSUz1fpwjYJFZIhW3VgSTYAAAAAAA=

this is the 30 points tree I played
[Quote]
Get a 4link with Shockwave totem, finish normal laby, dont take ancesteral bonds!!
BV is the strongest single target in early game just cast 20 blades and melt bosses

[/quote]

Thanks alot so far however im really newbie so 1 more question

What gems should i attach to the FB and shockwave totem
And what gems to the vortex?

Also place the shockwave and fb to a magic 4 socket warstaff? With 1 to cold skills?
Just started the build, it's pretty fun so far.

I was brainstorming ideas for better single target.

Have we tried Searing Bond?

I was also thinking Spell Totem + Glacial Cascade

Or maybe Vaal Storm Call + Trap?
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
"
Cheydinhal wrote:
[Quote]

Thanks alot so far however im really newbie so 1 more question

What gems should i attach to the FB and shockwave totem
And what gems to the vortex?

Also place the shockwave and fb to a magic 4 socket warstaff? With 1 to cold skills?[/quote]

You dont use frostbolts until mid game!! Its called a league starter but it realy isnt.

OK...shockwave links: SW+Controlled destruction+ adde lightning+added cold
Blade Vortex+conc effect+added cold +added lightning
Flame dash+ lvl1!+ arcane surge+(inc dura if u have)
herald of ice+thunder
Clarity

Dont worry if you dont have the links for it it just the perfect setup, nobody hits that on lvl 30, I staged them in the matter of importance...Shockwave first

EDIT: if you buy the BV(base 12) from library its lvl1, you will need to lvl it before use
Last edited by FreedomOI on Mar 13, 2018, 10:10:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info