Balance Changes to Chill, Shock, and Charges

This game was sponsored by reddit. Play responsibly.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Drimli wrote:
"
darthross wrote:
Appeasing the vocal minority who lack understanding of the game.

Thumbs down.

Lol? i am pretty sure we where MANY that did not approve of the frenzy charge changes... they basicly made all or most duelist and ranger spellcasting builds not viable... so please stop commenting before you learn more about the game and builds.

Right, except the actual elite players such as Etup, Alkaizer, Raiz, etc. who thought the changes were fine.

But I agree, we should value the opinions of people who can't even speak fucking English properly.
"
darthross wrote:
"
Drimli wrote:
"
darthross wrote:
Appeasing the vocal minority who lack understanding of the game.

Thumbs down.

Lol? i am pretty sure we where MANY that did not approve of the frenzy charge changes... they basicly made all or most duelist and ranger spellcasting builds not viable... so please stop commenting before you learn more about the game and builds.

Right, except the actual elite players such as Etup, Alkaizer, Raiz, etc. who thought the changes were fine.

But I agree, we should value the opinions of people who can't even speak fucking English properly.

Stop talking to yourself.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Good to hear you reversed the charge changes. I can understand your intents behind but this change really needs more considerations, simply changing charges in that way will just ruin a lot of synergies between items, passives and skills.

I love the shock/chill changes, it sounds more reasonable now with the new numbers.
I like the change to shock and chill hope it plays well

I'm mixed with the charge change. I agree it need rework but I'm not sure the first iteration you post was the answer. What makes path of exile fun and unique is the build diversity.

I believe that all charge should be useful to a lot of build without being mandatory. I was hoping you kept the more spell damage on power charge and adjust the frenzy charge to have a little more for spell caster while making the unique items work with those changes.

I hope we can see some changes soon.

Edit: I'm sad you removed the threshold jewel vendor I play SSF and having a chance to buy jewel was opening a lot of build for me
Last edited by danger16 on Aug 1, 2017, 1:03:24 AM
"
Slicer9875 wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
"

This change was intended to reduce the high impact for low cost that Power Charges have on critical chance, while making them more valuable for the majority of Intelligence Spellcaster builds in another way. For now, we're just going to reduce the effect granted by Power Charges from 50% increased Critical Chance to 40% increased Critical Chance, as we still want to reduce the large value of Critical Chance players gain from this accessible resource.

you did not even need to do this. Players should be rewarded by using orb of storms to maintain power charges and curse on hit + assassin's mark only work on non mobs which is trivial anyways.

You've already butchered assassin, many of the big critical nodes on the tree, nearly every crit multi item in the game and made diamond flask unusable. It is almost as excessive the crippling of ES builds.

The diamond flask change was a false rumor, you know that right. I wish they didn't have the nerfs to the multiplier.

That is good to know. Did GGG ever confirm this?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Thank you for reopening build diversity, find a better way to tweak charges if they still need a change

And to the people saying "youve caved into reddit, dont listen to reddit" shut the hell up
There was outcry on this forum aswell and the change was not good for build diversity, the very thing path of exile is known for. We dont want this game to end up like D3 where there is 2 or 3 viable builds for each class. We want completely fluid diversity.

Thanks GGG
Would it not be possible to keep the 4% spell damage in power charges and keep the more damage on the frenzy charges, but just have it so the damage does not stack?
Wait... so we can only get 1x jewel from the quest when almost every single jewel requires a minimum of 2 to be any good (all skills that have threshold jewels require threshold jewels)? How is this right at all :$.

Also, what vendor recipes/prophecies require jewels besides 5 for 1 (which was beyond trivial to do already)?

Finally... no one considers threshold jewels to be "uniques" on the same level as armor/weapon uniques.
El Psy Congroo.
Last edited by Patchumz on Aug 1, 2017, 1:02:17 AM
"
Patchumz wrote:
Wait... so we can only get 1x jewel from the quest when almost every single jewel requires a minimum of 2 to be any good (all skills that have threshold jewels require threshold jewels)? How is this right at all :$.

Also, what vendor recipes/prophecies require jewels besides 5 for 1 (which was beyond trivial to do already)?

Finally... no one considers threshold jewels to be "uniques".

I believe they still want you to trade them for it still is why.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info