Balance Changes to Chill, Shock, and Charges

Arc was bad now its really bad, rip main...

OK to nerf shock freeze and stuff but please consider buffing some realy bad spells?
Last edited by Maloudre on Aug 1, 2017, 1:09:18 PM
I find it sad that because of reddit we are stuck with the idea "lets make everything work for every build so there's more build diversity!".

It makes no sense, unlike frenzy charges being specific to attacks and power charges specific to spells. Which makes a lot of sense, especially with where the additional charge nodes are on the passive tree in relation to the rest of the passives.

I guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease, even if it doesn't need it.
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
"
duncandun wrote:
sad that you guys backed down so hard about all these changes.

the charge stuff needed work - at least with uniques whose identity was based around them. Other than that it was good. Power charges need something to make them valuable to non crit builds, otherwise they are the weakest charge by far and one that is ignored the most by far.

Why would a Charge that is designed around Crits, have to be designed around non crits also? That would make the charge sort of an oxymoron.
"
Wilde79 wrote:

For bosses: Switch set -> Throw traps -> Power charges at maximum. There you go.
For trash: Was this ever an issue?

I fail to see your point?
"
"
alhazred70 wrote:
"
darthross wrote:

Make sure you keep that character tab hidden.

I_No keeps their characters hidden so that they can use a sock puppet to post their challenge numbers without appearing to be the type of person who does that.

That didn't even make sense dude wtf

lol maybe try googling sock puppet? Not sure how much easier I can make it for you, but leaving it whooshing over your head is probably better for everyone.

I'm sure in your mind a lot of things don't make sense, such as everything that disagrees with your opinion; people who like the taste of food you don't like; or that there are people who like this game despite the fact that you hate it; or that GGG might not be making a game designed to appease your particular desires despite your desires clearly being better (in your head) than their desires; or the devs actually knowing more about this game than you can possible fathom.

POE is among the most ingeniously meticulously designed games I've played in over 40 years in the hobby. None of them have ever been perfect, or that balanced, or had 100% features and mechanics that I agreed with. I play every genre, and have experienced pretty much every major classic title from Doom to HL, D&D to Rogue to Diablo, Squad leader to X-com to rebooted X-com. Like to think I've can spot a well designed game when I see it. Yet you think the Developers are clueless due to the minutia you choose to focus on that they don't get right in your eyes (and sometimes mine as well). So yeah you're doing some interesting cognitive tricks for sure. The one thing in my experience that all games have in common since there were BB's for Doom, or usenet groups for rogue etc. is that there's always some contingent of jaded attention seekers on them who are done with the game but don't know it yet. They have no experience making games yet are always calling out the people who do in classic Dunning-Kruger fashion. There's always an Alpha hater or three, on every game forum, I've shaken my head at a hundred or more of you.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Aug 1, 2017, 1:26:36 PM
"
"
alhazred70 wrote:
"
darthross wrote:

Make sure you keep that character tab hidden.

I_No keeps their characters hidden so that they can use a sock puppet to post their challenge numbers without appearing to be the type of person who does that.

That didn't even make sense dude wtf

Doesn't make sense to hide your characters when you're making boisterous claims of superiority, either...you sure you don't have a bunch of Ripped lvl 50 characters hidden behind your wall?
Why would I have lvl 50 chars? wtf is wrong with you I stream ffs LOL
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Aug 1, 2017, 1:23:47 PM
Awesome! Thanks for this detailed update Rory :)
Leak split arrow jewel to beta, put split arrow effects on sale, remove split arrow jewel; ggg. babe.
"
Joleco wrote:
rip Raider! There is no logic Frenzy to gives more dmg and not attack speed. I mean the name is related to more attack speed... pretty bad nerf, which makes Raider useless now and there is no point anymore to even use any charges as non crit build...

This^

Every stinking time people find a build that works, they fucking nerf it. It's just stupid now.

They are basing almost exclusively on the HOWA ST raider.

Many other builds use frenzy as well under the raider ascendancy.

But what the fuck ever, this shit is getting old.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info