Balance Changes to Chill, Shock, and Charges

Was really looking forward to power charges having 4% more spell damage.

Would love to see this added to Elemental Overload to make them useful to noncrit builds.
"
NessOnett8 wrote:
Huzzah! Sanity prevails!

I'm so glad GGG didn't listen to the vocal minority of 12 year old edgelords that were saying "Just ram the changes through anyways" to spite everyone else.

Nerfs are fine. Nerfs are great.

But anyone who knows the first thing about this game and has been playing longer than "since halfway through Legacy league" understood that this fundamental change at BEST needed way more time to be tested(And in reality was just a really bad design).

PLEASE, keep testing changes. But actually test them before you implement them. Don't just throw them in at the last minute(as this was clearly meant to do given the massive number of uniques and passives it destroyed)

Calling others 12 year olds, is the best way to make yourself sound like a 12 year old.

Also your argument is based on the premise that GGG doesn't internally test things. Maybe they had tested it enough that they deemed that a week for playertesting was enough.

Another thing you are missing that not everything is released at the same time in beta, uniques and passives might have been corrected later on so it really isn't relevant. The only place where this might have been relevant, is if was on actual patch notes.
Last edited by Wilde79 on Aug 1, 2017, 2:44:06 AM
ssf still gets the thershold jewel vendor! this is great! TY!
good job on the chill and shock changes ...this actually makes them viable

if the 10% rule for max shock is same for chill too then the new math is:

-deal a minimum 10% life dmg to a boss to apply a 30% chill or 50% shock
....down to....
-deal a minimum 1% life dmg to a boss to apply a 3% chill or 5% shock

Keep in mind bosses have double life now so it's twice as hard to apply even 1% life dmg but this puts chill and shock in a good place as investing in big hits becomes rewarding

If a player with regular damage can kill a boss in 10 hits to gain the full 50% shock effect, it's very fair for someone who invests in shock and crit to kill him in 7 hits (1 hit of 10% dmg + 6 hits of 15% dmg)
Last edited by PayneK on Aug 1, 2017, 2:35:00 AM
RIP more spell dmg on power charge, there goes my max power charge occultist build for 3.0 and it wasnt even born yet FeelsBadMan
So back to using frenzy charges in every single build. So much diversity! I hate having to use blood rage in most builds.
IGN: Bogzy
Why not just keep the power charges as they was after the buff? people only had a problem with the frenzy nerf... and most caster builds will mostly only benefit from 1 extra power or frenzy charge anyway because it is too much dps loss to spec into more. 4 more spell damage and 30% crit is fine for power charges tbh and then just keep frenzy charges as they are.
Last edited by Drimli on Aug 1, 2017, 2:37:27 AM
Thank you for reconsidering the charge changes.
"
PayneK wrote:
good job on the chill and shock changes ...this actually makes them viable

if the 10% rule for max shock is same for chill too then the new math is:

....down to....
-deal a minimum 1% life dmg to a boss to apply a 3% chill or 5% shock

Keep in mind bosses have double life now so it's twice as hard to apply even 1% life dmg but this puts chill and shock in a good place as investing in big hits becomes rewarding

If a player with regular damage can kill a boss in 10 hits to gain the full 50% shock effect, it's very fair for someone who invests in shock and crit to kill him in 7 hits (1 hit of 10% dmg + 6 hits of 15% dmg)

I read it as follows:

....down to....
-deal a minimum 0.33% life dmg to a boss to apply a 1% chill
-deal a minimum 0.2% life dmg to a boss to apply a 1% shock

From so as long as you'd have a 1% effect with your Chill or Shock, the ailment will be displayed and will have an effect.

And for me thats great! Alot easlier to get the ailment status I need for things to trigger.

"
bogzy wrote:
So back to using frenzy charges in every single build. So much diversity! I hate having to use blood rage in most builds.

Or maybe....just don't use them? No one forces you to do so.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info