[3.0 Theory] Storm Burst Tree idea / Any advice is Welcome

Last edited by Eskartor on Aug 3, 2017, 8:47:38 AM
Last bumped on Aug 4, 2017, 4:05:20 PM
bump
You're using a lightning skill and doing CWC with a fire skill. So you need to scale elemental dmg. So heart of thunder, north of witch, only buffs 50% of your dmg. So you can, in theory, "half" all those values. That's very bad nodes. Besides you should pick up the jewel socket at scion.
I was thinking of some high attack speed low dex low movement speed queen of the forest storm burst cwc stormcall raider + elementalist for insane single target dps. And then a separate 6 link (lightning strike maybe) with different skill for map clearing. That is assuming storm burst works with 2h weapons.
"
Bogok wrote:
You're using a lightning skill and doing CWC with a fire skill. So you need to scale elemental dmg. So heart of thunder, north of witch, only buffs 50% of your dmg. So you can, in theory, "half" all those values. That's very bad nodes. Besides you should pick up the jewel socket at scion.

Thx for ur advice . I cut the heart of thunder nodes and picked up some more ele dmg nodes

Non crit - No Elemental Overload?

Uhm....
I'll suggest you this tree, As Shadow - Assassin

Go full crit, and using a doryani invitation for leech (and better a vinktar)

https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAPMABxYAAHZFfJeX-_W0OOUZjDZVS2HiJpWJ03BSKgtd8uOEDdFjQxvINj2dqmyMYqwOSBGWBx6VLvDVSVGP-uv1wwm5k_Idf8aiow_EO3y4ysHzlSAtH0yzrrNBltD1BUIsnBBYdhEEB4PbVcY6WCBuUDDbXhEPfq-NGeAS2V_djBEtfIPr7prgRZ1TUjLRRUfAZgSzogDwH-FzgpvVppo77TzsOClPa7eFfTrYJy-QVRo4FkBmnvrSFm_jah0UjmT3prb6l5VSUz1fn9_vfG1sD6ski8M6KjgWvyLqMgGyGc96MjIQktmGvG8jNlMQF7BKiwAAAAAA

You can go in two way in my opinion:

CWC:

Storm - CWC - Ball light - faster casting - increased crit damage - slower proj

Non CWC

Storm - Spellecho - incr crit strike - inc crit damage - elemental focus - slower proj

I'll probably test something like this, but build must be adjusted to the tree in 3.0 and to the Storm Burst skill.

For example: slower proj may be useless, etc.

Going light damage and use a fire/cold spell channeled is not the most efficient way, unless you go full cold using 2 call of the brotherhood rings, for example

I'd suggest you to go straight lightning damage

Last edited by Effe86 on Aug 1, 2017, 3:32:53 PM
I myself plan on doing a SB char as well, but without CWC as i think it is inefficient.

Gems: SB - Light. Pen - Inc AoE/CE - GMP/SP - CD - Added Light.

Even if the projectile-damage parts of GMP/SP do not apply to SB (we dont know that for sure so far) the additinal projectiles of GMP (Barrage effect for Clearing) and the slow down of SP (for better overlap at single Target) will benefit the build quiet nice.

This is the skill tree i will probably go for:

Spoiler
https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAQMACBAAAH4IZ5M6vScYVhg8-ehBh7c-_grYvTWS_o9N46ZXOuHyRd-wghCPpkSrVa4snLzqakMI9G0ZIvRsC5MnvoqhL1M1UEKMNlRHpr6exF3yKwoRLwMeH0FVS2HiJpUWv5f0UlM9XxEtfIPr7hzcjxqFMpctSU-8qqcIj0aboRhqOVJYB_fXrJgRD36vjRngEtlf3Yw6WFXGg9udrhpsNukkqhZv42rkItWm7TyaO5_f73w8BcBmBLOiAIKb7DiFe2ZUOtgnL5BVGjjlixvxfsc7De_rUfvNFh8Y2CRWSIVt1YEk2NrdmuBFnVNS4q0J2cpGIFny0t2Se26XIcF8IdAAAAAAAA==

With Elementalist and Raider as Ascendencies and non-crit.

Since this is a channeled Spell Spellecho probably is not working. Faster casting might be an option for more projectile/second and Elemental Focus if you dont want to shock.
"
DonLeo25 wrote:
I myself plan on doing a SB char as well, but without CWC as i think it is inefficient.

Gems: SB - Light. Pen - Inc AoE/CE - GMP/SP - CD - Added Light.

Even if the projectile-damage parts of GMP/SP do not apply to SB (we dont know that for sure so far) the additinal projectiles of GMP (Barrage effect for Clearing) and the slow down of SP (for better overlap at single Target) will benefit the build quiet nice.

This is the skill tree i will probably go for:

Spoiler
https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAQMACBAAAH4IZ5M6vScYVhg8-ehBh7c-_grYvTWS_o9N46ZXOuHyRd-wghCPpkSrVa4snLzqakMI9G0ZIvRsC5MnvoqhL1M1UEKMNlRHpr6exF3yKwoRLwMeH0FVS2HiJpUWv5f0UlM9XxEtfIPr7hzcjxqFMpctSU-8qqcIj0aboRhqOVJYB_fXrJgRD36vjRngEtlf3Yw6WFXGg9udrhpsNukkqhZv42rkItWm7TyaO5_f73w8BcBmBLOiAIKb7DiFe2ZUOtgnL5BVGjjlixvxfsc7De_rUfvNFh8Y2CRWSIVt1YEk2NrdmuBFnVNS4q0J2cpGIFny0t2Se26XIcF8IdAAAAAAAA==

With Elementalist and Raider as Ascendencies and non-crit.

Since this is a channeled Spell Spellecho probably is not working. Faster casting might be an option for more projectile/second and Elemental Focus if you dont want to shock.

It's really interesting build, Which aura/curse do you plan to use ?
How do you want to apply the curse ? ( manual or lazy mode :) )

Thank you
Wrath probably in an Essense Worm (to have mana for MoM) and HoT - CoH - Warlords Mark. The second curse with Orb of Storms - Arcane Sruge - CoH - Conductivity.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info