What is wrong with Buddhism?

"
lolozori wrote:
"
Upandatem wrote:

The step-by-step process as envisioned by yours truly:
step 1: cast out your disabled nephew.
step 2: be reborn disabled for having cast out your nephew.
step 3: get cast out by family for being disabled.
step 4: repeat forever.

This, I read and heard Buddhism can hurt a lot of people because of those kind of cycles. There are also kids who pass their time learning mantras or whatever instead of going to school.

Better than semitics religions but still got some bad stuff inside.

Also Richard Gere and steven seagul.

I also read somewhere the Dalai Lama can t condemn the act of self immolation from monks because it would curse them or something and it would be worst than their death. So he let them do it :/

Just pointing out that Buddhists doesn't always agree with each other. There are Monks that condemn self-immolation as suicide and associate them with inflicting self harm. Killing one self is similar to killing a living being. They say it is contrary to the teachings and precepts of Buddhism. There are Buddhists that strongly oppose this.
"
MinasMorgul wrote:

Please don't list them up like they are the same. Some things may be a bit crappy, but some are utterly fucked up.

All 3 are Abrahamic religions. They're all branches from the same tree, basically. Judaism came first, then Christianity, then Islam. The god of Islam is the same god of the Bible that Jews and Christians refer to as Jehova/Yahweh. The 3 religions even share prophets. Jews completely deny Jesus Christ, while Muslims recognize him as a prophet, and miracle worker, etc. Moses is regarded as a prophet for all 3 religions, etc. Muslims and Jews even share the same food laws. Kosher and Halal is basically the same thing. 90% similar.

I think all the Abrahamic religions are utter and complete garbage. The human race will be better off once we move on from Abrahamic quackery. It's catnip for low IQ people.

A lot of people say Scientology is nutty, and I agree. But the Abrahamic religions give Scientology a run for its money on the nutty scale.

Hinduism is also insanely nutty. They actually have holy cows that they harvest feces and urine from, more importantly, it's for human consumption. Most people have thrown silly superstitious nonsense away, like eating shit from a holy cow will cure you, etc, in favor of the proven results of modern medicine.

At least some of the ancient Chinese medicine had a medical purpose, even though they occasionally used some harmful ingredients, like mercury. But even they're still cutting the penises off of tigers, and making tiger penis soup, because they think it's a male enhancement product.

Buddhism is really mild in comparison to all the above. They don't kill each other, they're not an expansionist religion, they respect nature, and other lifeforms. By human religion standards, that's extremely sane.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jul 28, 2017, 3:45:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info