Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

If GGG made D3

They mean game content. For example, GGG could have easily made us pay for the scion unlock and chose to not do so in keeping with their business model.

Extra stash tabs are not game content.
Censored.
"
X1Z1 wrote:
"
ImmaPokemon wrote:
In POE, you dont pay for content packs and get all content for free, like new skill gems, new support gems, 6 new acts, and other things.

There is no point to counter a D3 thread because we are here for POE, not D3, so go there, we can bash D3 here, you can praise D3 on their forum and counter POE threads there.

You don't get all content for free, some of it is locked unless you pay, and it costs a lot. That's how this game can afford to let people play for free.

So you gonna tell me what i can and can't do now? That's ridiculous.

EDIT

And yes, there is a point. It shows the whole picture, not just one side. It's important, unless you like living in a bubble.

Nothing is locked behind a pay wall like in D3. All game content is completely free. Stop spreading false information about POE. Go back to D3! We can pay if we want to but arent forced to like damn blizzard makes you do! And only pets, stash tabs and char slots and weapon effects are up for sale here, they dont affect gameplay at all.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
They mean game content. For example, GGG could have easily made us pay for the scion unlock and chose to not do so in keeping with their business model.

No, they couldn't have easily charged you for scion. People would have been outraged. The same way D3 can't just start charging people for armor sets that should have been part of that necromancer pack. PoE is using a model and D3 is using a model. Both have their downsides and upsides.

Stash tabs and mtx is content. It's not vital and you can still play without it, but it still matters to a lot of people. That's why so many people buy it and PoE can keep the game free.
"
ImmaPokemon wrote:
Nothing is locked behind a pay wall like in D3. All game content is completely free. Stop spreading false information about POE. Go back to D3! We can pay if we want to but arent forced to like damn blizzard makes you do! And only pets, stash tabs and char slots and weapon effects are up for sale here, they dont affect gameplay at all.

Well, sure, nothing vital is locked, but stash tabs and mtx are locked. I consider that extra content. I consider it important content, that's why i paid so much for it. It made the game noticeably more enjoyable.

I think the problem here is that we define "content" differently. Art and animations is content for me.
They'd figure out a way to muck up an otherwise stellar contribution to the ARPG genre.
If GGG made D3 that POE/D3 players divide would never have happened.
"
X1Z1 wrote:

Heh, good one
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
"
X1Z1 wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:

No, they couldn't have easily charged you for scion. People would have been outraged. The same way D3 can't just start charging people for armor sets that should have been part of that necromancer pack. PoE is using a model and D3 is using a model. Both have their downsides and upsides.

Stash tabs and mtx is content. It's not vital and you can still play without it, but it still matters to a lot of people. That's why so many people buy it and PoE can keep the game free.

Your analogy doesn't work because GGG isn't selling armour sets, they're selling cosmetics. The armour sets would still be free, they probably just wouldn't look as good but the functionality would be 100% there.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Your analogy doesn't work because GGG isn't selling armour sets, they're selling cosmetics. The armour sets would still be free, they probably just wouldn't look as good but the functionality would be 100% there.

You missunderstood. I was only talking about cosmetics.

I agree with everyone else when it comes to gameplay content. It's completely free. That's a huge upside of the model PoE's using.

But, people act as if cosmetics and special/extra stash tabs don't matter all that much. That's were i disagree. They matter a lot to me, and i think that i'm not reaching in assuming that a lot of people feel the same. That's why they spend so much money on supporter packs, and PoE can afford to keep the game free and grow.

The downside of PoE's model is that if cosmetics and stash tabs matter to you a lot you will likely end up spending more on the game than you would have spent on a paid game like D3.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info