Upcoming Unique Items

"
Steelgrey666 wrote:
Man its amazing how many people don't get what the helm is for, its so obvious what minion builds it supports....So freakin obvious...

To quote Guzma... "Y'all are stupid"

All of you nutballs can't stop thinking meta , meta ,meta , conventional , conventional , inside the box, inside the box.

Can't you folks think outside the box for once?

Any of you who instantly understood what builds the helmet is for, good for you, those who didn't shame on you.

The arrogance should be shameful, just because you think other people may have an opinion that doesn't align with yours doesn't give you the right to call them out and treat them as inferior. So what an item that has some uses outside of the conventional "meta" build and people don't like it? Big fucking surprise it's not liked, what are you trying to achieve by calling everyone out that doesn't agree with you?

So what if I dislike an item because I don't like the idea of 50 dexterity increments and the inconvenience of building around dexterity "personally" now I am not thinking outside of the box and I should feel ashamed. Get a fucking life.

Last edited by dupie on Jul 26, 2017, 6:47:18 AM
"

Soul Tether - Chunk of Chaos/Maybe an Exalt
I can see this being useful with how 90% of the community will go life after 3.0 due to ES nerfs.

Than tell me why would any wear this belt?

1) For CI.
a) WHY if there are Ghost River neat CI node!?

2) Life build.
a) Additional 4% of maximum life as ES! Rare belt with 100+ life, resistance, ES/Armor will be better considering that LIFE build have increased maximum life nodes, not ES!

3) Hybrid builds.
a) You have to invest MANY passive point in % increase in LIFE and ES, which lives you with how many point for damage?
b) You can't RESERVE LIFE in such case!

So I don't see any practical meaning in this belt to any build!
"
CBEToffOP wrote:
3) Hybrid builds.
a) You have to invest MANY passive point in % increase in LIFE and ES, which lives you with how many point for damage?

LMAO! And so people keep underestimating hybrids. Ah well, that suits those of us who know their potential just fine. :)
"
calling it now:

Speaker's Wreath - 1 Alchemy to 1 Chaos
People will buy it to play with it. Then they will throw it away. Unless the item is extremely rare (T1 rarity) or has a prohibitive drop pool (must be ilvl _), the market will be flooded with enough of these that anyone who does want one can always get one for cheap.

Tinkerskin - Multiple Exalts* (*Until everyone understands how "when your Trap is triggered by an enemy" works)
The chest is good if you don't plan on using Chain Reaction and/or Sunblast. If you plan on using either of those it's insultingly bad: You cannot use its unique effects that sell it as a "trapper" item. So the Ascendancy class basically made around traps and mines gets gimped on a trap chest. Expect the price to be extremely high during the first weeks as ignorant people want to get their hands on it, then watch it drop to 1% of its original value. Unless it is very rare, it will end up being worth less than other unique chest that provide damage/survivability.

Soul Tether - 1 Exalt
This belt is good for Slayer and maybe Berserker. The downsides of the belt prohibit true hybrid play. This will just be a "I leech so fucking much I might as well get an extra EHP buffer out of it". Soul Tether will definitely be competitive against The Retch, in that regard. Extra damage or extra life.

Ahn's Might - 1 Alchemy to 1 Chaos
Same reasoning as Speaker's Wreath. People will buy it because it's new, it's a new league, and they want to play with it to "give it a go" or specifically for the challenge of "making it good". Some people see buying an underpowered unique and making the most of it more fun than following meta builds. Some may buy it just because it pairs well with Snakebite.

Edited your post for you since we're taking bets. Let's up the ante.
Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on Jul 26, 2017, 9:01:56 AM
Am I correct in assuming that Triggered by an enemy doesn't include chain reaction? So if one trap gets triggered and chain reaction triggers the rest of them it's only a single one trigger by enemy?
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:
"
calling it now:

Speaker's Wreath - 1 Alchemy to 1 Chaos

Tinkerskin - Multiple Exalts* (*Until everyone understands how "when your Trap is triggered by an enemy" works)

Soul Tether - 1 Exalt

Ahn's Might - 1 Alchemy to 1 Chaos

Edited your post for you since we're taking bets. Let's up the ante.

My bet for roughly towards middle of Harbinger league...

Speaker's Wreath - 1 alch
(dex stacking makes a less powerful necro/minion build)

Tinkerskin - 1 chaos
(because traps suck, but some people enjoy playing them, but still mechanic is broken)

Soul Tether - 5 chaos
(because new mechanic is cool, but not as powerful as all life, all ES, or life + regular ES)

Ahn's Might - 1 alch
(because movement skills are important)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
eepoo wrote:
Am I correct in assuming that Triggered by an enemy doesn't include chain reaction? So if one trap gets triggered and chain reaction triggers the rest of them it's only a single one trigger by enemy?

You are correct. Read earlier pages in this thread to get the full details.

TL;DR: version of it is if you are a Saboteur with Chain Reaction or you are a Sunblast user, this chest is practically worthless unless GGG change it to be "when you throw a trap" like Jaws of Agony.
Bring back race seasons.
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:
"
eepoo wrote:

You are correct. Read earlier pages in this thread to get the full details.

TL;DR: version of it is if you are a Saboteur with Chain Reaction or you are a Sunblast user, this chest is practically worthless unless GGG change it to be "when you throw a trap" like Jaws of Agony.

When you throw a trap would be too powerful but I'd like to see all cases of when triggered by an enemy get changed to when triggered. This would also make Blast Cascade and Master Sapper viable for both Chain Reaction and Sunblast trappers (which is all trappers essentially). I can't believe GGG can't see such a simple oversight in their mechanics. Maybe they just don't care about trappers.
"
CBEToffOP wrote:
"

Soul Tether - Chunk of Chaos/Maybe an Exalt
I can see this being useful with how 90% of the community will go life after 3.0 due to ES nerfs.

Than tell me why would any wear this belt?

1) For CI.
a) WHY if there are Ghost River neat CI node!?

2) Life build.
a) Additional 4% of maximum life as ES! Rare belt with 100+ life, resistance, ES/Armor will be better considering that LIFE build have increased maximum life nodes, not ES!

3) Hybrid builds.

So I don't see any practical meaning in this belt to any build!

So i guess you dont use.....Aegis .... as hybrid.... Shame..:)
"
The_Risen wrote:
"
DjParagon wrote:
I have never seen so many people beeing so mad at free stuff.

You don't get it, the fact that these uniques exist mean that they are taking place of other loot which could drop or spawn from various reasons, like the mystery box prophecy, or using chance orbs in items, i'm not even sure how the normal loot works, if other drops would be disrupted by it... then it's a real solid reason to be pissed, i don't wanna find any of these trash instead of all the older trash/not so trashy uniques we see, lets all hope that vendor gives lots of alchemy shards from them or i will start learning better how to customize my loot filter to NEVER see or hear them.

Heh... then maybe i will forget they were ever created, freaking ABOMINATIONS.

I hear you, but it's probably not going to change anything at all. I mean, how many uniques have you chanced yet (with how many orbs) ? How many high tier drops have you got so far ?

In 4.5k hours I have dropped one Abyssus, one Kaoms, one Shavs, and a couple of low tier 6 linked white or blue. The big drops are so unsignificant in this game, three more uniques won't change your experience at all. In my opinion.
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info