Upcoming Unique Items

more Alchemy shards, woot!

:P
Free Master Crafting Service (Breach): thread/1797112
Free Master Crafting Service (Essence): thread/1744527
Free Master Crafting Service (Legacy): thread/1857272
Free Master Crafting Service (Harbinger): thread/1952418
Shitty designs again. At least you tried.
"
Chrom wrote:
"
ZannixFTW wrote:
Traps definitely need it more so than mines...

Really?

There is only 1 unique item for mines "Tremor Rod" (from 2.0).
There is the jewel "Coated Shrapnel", but come on it's 99% useless because it's physical damage.

Over there years I've seen a lot more done for traps than mines. I'm too tired to go deep into it but while neither are in a good place I think traps are better than mines.

If there were only 1 change I would have liked to see is some way to get back life from traps and mines; be it % life regen or "life on kill effects" get shifted to you.

First off, Tremor Rod. It's one of the best endgame uniques in the game as far as build-specific uniques are concerned. It's a free 7 link as well as providing MASSIVE benefits on top. Saying mines need help because they "only" have Tremor Rod is like saying 2.4 conversion builds need help because they "only" have Pyre.

Traps conversely have Fencoil(levelling), Deerstalker(levelling), Kongming's(bad), jaws(bad/REALLY situational), and sunblast. Sunblast(the only relevant unique) is mediocre at best, fairly unpopular as it removes trap identity, has counter-synergy with a lot of other trap items/nodes(including Tinkerskin), and nowhere near as strong as Tremor Rod.

But even ignoring uniques, because there's more to the game than uniques, mines are far superior atm. The tree is far better for them(they can actually use blast cascade effectively). Saboteur ascendancy has way better nodes for mines than it does for traps. Their default 'damage' mine(Fire Nova), is far better than Ice Trap(All the other innate traps are terrible). They don't have to worry about recharge rate on this awkward charge mechanic so they can keep up constant DPS. Cluster traps give way less damage than minefield. And the 'mine' support has 10% MORE damage than trap support(an increase of over 25%).

Over the years, a lot more has been done to traps because they NEED it more. They are far worse than mines so they have gotten priority. And they continue to be substantially worse.

Trap and mines builds are some of my favorite builds. I've done dozens of both. But while mine builds actually feel strong(if niche and a tad awkward), trap builds just feel weak and like I'm intentionally making myself worse to use them.

"
MEZIR wrote:

2 - There is NO end game unique for Mines. Tremor Rod is a LVL unique - very nice. But it's for leveling. The best unique for Mine is rares. Nothing against. But there are no Unique Jewel. Nothing.

If you really think that, then I don't know what to tell you. Since almost every endgame mine build either uses tremor rod or uses fire nova mine(and therefore can't use TR effectively). You not using it may be why you feel weak. I don't know what flawed logic would lead one to conclude it was somehow a levelling unique. And, as mentioned above, there's far more to the game than uniques. A lot of endgame builds use no uniques at all.
This sword is trash :/
IGN - SMURT_TO_BEYOND @ Beyond
IMO I like the Ahn's set so far, I wanna see what the Helmet does before making any assumptions, you could do a dank Gladiator build with no Charges and it would work quite well. BUt once again waiting for helmet to see. ALthough the sword could use some more raw stats like attack speed since you are giving up your frenzy charges. Ahn's Her and Ahn's might could also be good for a Raider, with 100% uptime on Phasing and Onslaught at 100% buff. and Raider's Movespeed you wouldnt even need a move skill
Last edited by Velemore on Jul 25, 2017, 11:48:22 AM
Tinkerskin is a beautiful chest
Let´s hope they add some sort of "setbonus" when several uniques are equipped simultainiously, like back in D2!!

Otherwise i have a hard time seing all 3 except the belt ever being used.
But time will tell what 3.0 brings us.
Quick question: for "Soul Tether" it says "Your Energy Shield Starts at Zero", what does that mean?

Please excuse me if the question seems stupid to some people, as I'm a relatively new player to PoE.
I think it means when you equip the item you will start from zero ES.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info