[3.0 Theory Build] Hardcore Caustic Arrow Deadeye Zerker

Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Whats your bandit strat now?
Any news or developments on this build? I've followed it fairly closely but I don't really know this game very well at all. As a support damage skill, I've hooked up puncture + poison support + decay to fire while the caustic arrow clouds are working. Pierce seems redundant with the ascendancy piercing and a jewel I have that gives an extra pierce. also I have no problem firing off shots around at minions without needing multiple projectiles at all. Does Efficacy or decay support work well with either of the two main damage spells? It's really hard to find much discussion on those and what they do or don't work well with, let alone if they are effective if they do even work.

I feel like I've focused too much on the damage side of the passives while leveling, and almost get one shot by bosses. Also, attack speed (unless it speeds up how fast you can fire a single shot and go back to moving) doesn't help the build the way I'm attempting to use it. I've been trying to decide between Ice golem, chaos golem, and decoy totem.

I'm up to level 65 or so. Any discussion or feed back is welcome.
Hi I made some modification based on your skill tree to what i thought the best, hoping to get some opinion from you.
250% max life with 5 jewel with 7% max life
def gear will be with hyrri armor, shaper touch and darkray boot
dps gear will be cherrubim, WoC and brinerot whaler.

first time showing skill tree to other player...

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAABeAMEDlgW1Bx4ILgzyDY0OSA-rES8RlhNtFAkWvxhWGY4byB3CIuIi6iP2JIsmiCaVKk0qWzBxMHwyATWSNj031DpCOuE7KD7PQYdH4kkTSVFKfUtXS3hNkk3jUUdRTFLsVUtcQF-wYENh4mKsaHRsjG49b551nnaCefZ7bnvDfVt9dYMJhFOExYcHh3aHy4ngjX2Nv4_6kx-UoJUulyGbXZuNm7WdqqOKpDmly6ZXpq-nm6fUqJqsR7IZtMW00bVItzC3Prvjvea-gMDjwXzC7MM6xKLIDMpKzxXPetN-1CPYTdi92mLdqOOE5ljrY-0_7YPuDvDV8bPyRfKX-ej8xf4K_o_-uv7I
"
Edzilla wrote:
"
zmajmkd wrote:
u do realise drillneck was changed and pierce is always 100% only depends how many targets u can pierce?

Yeah, i know it got nerfed.

Not sure what you mean by always 100% only depends on how many targets i can hit. ??

pierce was changed. there is no "chance to pierce", it changed to a set number of enemies pierced before it stops. all forms of pierce are 100%, just depends how many targets you go through.
"
Any news or developments on this build? I've followed it fairly closely but I don't really know this game very well at all. As a support damage skill, I've hooked up puncture + poison support + decay to fire while the caustic arrow clouds are working. Pierce seems redundant with the ascendancy piercing and a jewel I have that gives an extra pierce. also I have no problem firing off shots around at minions without needing multiple projectiles at all. Does Efficacy or decay support work well with either of the two main damage spells? It's really hard to find much discussion on those and what they do or don't work well with, let alone if they are effective if they do even work.

I feel like I've focused too much on the damage side of the passives while leveling, and almost get one shot by bosses. Also, attack speed (unless it speeds up how fast you can fire a single shot and go back to moving) doesn't help the build the way I'm attempting to use it. I've been trying to decide between Ice golem, chaos golem, and decoy totem.

I'm up to level 65 or so. Any discussion or feed back is welcome.

using puncture is useless, the damage is based off your weapon. the CA DoT is seperate damage, it doesnt care your weapon, which is why people use 6L short bows, because theyre easy to colour and bow damage doesnt matter.
if you want more single target, use a wither totem first, maybe use a second CA with poison and decay(wouldnt suggest this, itd be crap), or use ED since that will stack with CA cloud(best option)
Efficacy will work. but CA is an attack, so the "more spell damage" doesnt work. Decay works with anything that "hits", so youll have to hit the target with the actual arrow of CA or whatever, the cloud wont apply it
Attack speed does exactly that. it makes the attack animation faster, so you can move, or attack again faster.
Ice golem is for crit, not helpful with a DoT build that doesnt hit. chaos golem is always a good defensive option for any build. decoy totem is good for CA, keeps the mobs away from you and you can keep them in the cloud damage, but you might find the STR requirement difficult since youll need it high level or itll die all the time

just a bit of info with pierce and CA. the cloud damage does NOT stack, even if the AoE overlaps, the damage doesnt, for CA pierce isnt impoortant.
https://poeplanner.com/AAkAARcACRACAIjYTZSg2mIYVmh0-ehBh7c-_grYvfJFOuE1kv6PTeOmV2-e8bNLV8DjykpfsJu1hMXDOiLq2xoQe746MgGyGc96Yet6U4LHHb4zhwPuJIsPqxa_tNHIDHaCJpVh4rVI62MDHh9BES8rCl3yDki3MCaIE20UCRzcjxrr7oUypwjYJDbFg9tVxvfXhEhca8Nti3oBb-L3Uq9n_N1fu006WKyYEQ9MLRSwgh7bCzsN7-sEB0yzl5VSUz1fl_RtGRFQpytVSzY9napsjGKs8pebXaiae8O4kyj6aoz1b8gUotmw2IMJMtFFR8BmBLOiAPAfaPI8Be98V8kNfOhan9_irQnZykYxNbFbpjIDBBp6qUjS6AAAAAAA

could try this. im doing similar on SC so i added more life for you than what im doing
170% life doesnt seem like much, but its more like 200% effective life because of MoM.
so you use EVA/ES gear, use EB/MoM so you can reserve all your mana for whatever you want.

zerker isnt a good choice for CA, the only thing you get is a small 10% more damage, the leech is useless, you take increased damage, and you dont want to be hit often so the savage hit thing isnt good. going occultist gives you -15% chaos res on cursed enemies(you should always run a curse) and thats a big boost, probably similar damage increase as zerker. 1% es regen, so thats your "mana" solved, a bit of damage and defense.
deadeye isnt good, the increased damage for far away targets doesnt apply to the CA cloud, because the cloud is NOT a projectile, its the same with point blank. the peirce is meh, proj speed is just QoL, the extra proj is meh, but in my tree i got you both AoE clusters so it should be similar area
also you skipped the skill effect duration, which is big boost for CA. and btw, 8 jewel sockets is really excessive, you should want 6max for any build, 4-5 is a good amount. its a waste of points getting so many jewels, unless its part of the build, which this isnt

sorry i kinda text vomited on your post, im not good at using the forums but i wanted to help. if you get stuck or confused, look at the wiki and try figure it out yourself(youll learn better that way), or ill try help

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info