Someone explain me plz ES in 3.0

So even if the minotaur crits, has dangerous map mods (assuming you still have 75%+ ele res), and all the stuff alike, he can't possibly 1 hit me at 11k es? How did I die then...

Also a warband leader just hit me for over 10k effective damage (other char) in a strand map. It's ele damage but still, the hit(s) must have been 40k+ damage because of my resists in a fraction of a second. So those hits definitely exist. And I'm sure they exist for pdamage as well.
Last edited by silverdash on Jul 22, 2017, 8:57:59 AM
"
silverdash wrote:
So even if the minotaur crits, has dangerous map mods (assuming you still have 75%+ ele res), and all the stuff alike, he can't possibly 1 hit me at 11k es? How did I die then...

Also a warband leader just hit me for over 10k effective damage (other char) in a strand map. It's ele damage but still, the hit(s) must have been 40k+ damage because of my resists in a fraction of a second. So those hits definitely exist. And I'm sure they exist for pdamage as well.

A flow of hits is going to kill you regardless of outcome only way to stop that was VP normal leech isn't going to save you from top tier mod maps.

You will die in 1 hit with 11k ES if the mods are correct lol I've died with 17k ES with mirror gear from time to time doing the dumbest mods.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

yeah I think you need to do your math again taking into account which layers of phys mitigation stack additively and which are applied consecutively to remaining damage from the previous layers.

He was not talking about shaper slams, he was talking about getting 1 hit by a guardian, no guardian does 10k phys damage in 1 hit, not even close. You move out of the way from a shaper slam or a vaal slam.

Fixed the numbers for you, you are still wrong about 100k armour better than ToH, Lightning Coil & basalt. I was talking with him about shaper slam, why on earth would somebody stack anyhting above 20k armour if he didnt intent to facetank the serious stuff in the game?
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
silverdash wrote:

I checked armour effectiveness @30k pdamage and they only reduce incomming damage by 25% (at 100.000 armour). So armour... Useless against that...

nothing in the game does 30k pdamage, nothing even does 15k. Realistic big hit that will actually hit you, as in not a vaal or shaper slam, will very rarely exceed 7k damage.

Umm, Vulnerability + inc crit multi + inc monster damage maps mods would like to have a word with you.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
who the fuck have 800-1300hp on merciles dried lake?
"
who the fuck have 800-1300hp on merciles dried lake?

I had 1100HP on dried lake MERC :P. Leveling CI... Oh and had like 100es or something worthless. Didn't even had my discipline aura yet.
Also had facebreaker while leveling so pretty much zero hp on gloves, belt, rings, amu, weapon.

Then on lvl 69 you put on your CI gear and suddenly boom from 1100hp --> 8k es. That massive jump in ehp... Then the facerolling starts.

Last edited by silverdash on Jul 22, 2017, 12:33:57 PM
"
zzang wrote:

Fixed the numbers for you, you are still wrong about 100k armour better than ToH, Lightning Coil & basalt.

yeah, you still have an error though...

"
zzang wrote:
While taste of hate + lightning coil (non legacy) = 50% dmg reduction of phys before resist applied for 75% resist its a 37.5% damage reduction. Then comes seperately applied in the next layer + 20% basalt flask (not counting pathfinder lol). Which means 10k - 37.5% = 6250 - 20 % basalt = 5000 Damage left (50% damage reduction total)

Where is the 100k armour better compared to lightning coil basalt flask and taste of hate in our example 45-50% is not better than 50%?

you calculated the basalt flasks 20% reduction against 6250 physical damage remaining after the coil and the ToH, there is only 5000 physical damage remaining after the coil and the toh, the other 1250 is elemental damage that the basalt doesnt reduce. This is why you can still take damage from physical hits with immortal call up when you are wearing a coil.

heres the actual calc...

10,000 incoming damage...

for coil + toh + basalt

3,000 converted to lightning, 75% resisted = 750 lightning damage taken.

2,000 converted to cold, 81% resisted (toh is a saphire flask) = 380 cold damage taken

5,000 remaining phys, basalt 20% resisted = 4000 phys taken

total damage taken = 5,130

for 100k armour

100,000 armour / 200,000 (armour + 10xdamage) = 0.5

total damage taken = 5,000

If the armour user also pops a basalt...

total damage taken = 3,000

If the armour user pops a basalt and a toh...

total damage taken = 2,380

lets do 30k armour with the same 2 flasks the coil user has for funs...

2,000 converted to cold, 81% resisted = 380 cold damage taken

8,000 damage taken as phys...

30,000 / 110,000 = 0.27

27% armour resist + 20% basalt resist = 47% phys resist = 4240 phys taken

total damage taken = 4,620

"
silverdash wrote:

nothing hits you for 30k phys, elemental damage is balanced around you having 75% resist, physical damage is balanced around you having very little physical damage reduction in comparison. Things may do 30k phys to you in a fraction of a second but theyre not going to come from a single hit that would crush 100k armour down to a 25% reduction.

evasion and ci chars with 0% phys mitigation are running around out there with 5k to 15k hp, theyre not putting 30k pure physical hits in the game. Someone mentioned maps with vuln, monster damage and crit on them, shaper doesnt have map mods. The largest other phys hit in the game I am aware of is a slam from vaal oversoul in the maze map, and the damage that thing deals is so far in excess of guardian slams, uber izzaro, so much more damage than these other single phys hits that can be buffed by such things, and even that vaal slam if it crits you with % monster damage and vulnerability on you, to the best of my knowledge, is not going to deal 30k phys damage. Its 50% fire, so its going to fuck you up make no mistake, theres more to it than just its phys damage and if it crits with all that fire you way well burn to death even if the initial hit didnt get you.
Armor is absurd in a way that it protects you from something that is not doing any damage anyway. Trash mobs have become a walking flask charges refills.

The harder they hit you the worse armor becomes.

On the other hand with just a jade flask and witchfire brew i had 15k evasion on top of my 15k es as CI reanimator in hc. And bosses were blinded. And i had elemental immunity for 17 seconds. And 1000es/sec constant regen. And 4000es/sec recharge. And my fucking gloem had taunt. Balanced

Why isn't anyone talking about occultist regen tank?
Second-class poe gamer
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

10,000 incoming damage...

for coil + toh + basalt

3,000 converted to lightning, 75% resisted = 750 lightning damage taken.

2,000 converted to cold, 81% resisted (toh is a saphire flask) = 380 cold damage taken

5,000 remaining phys, basalt 20% resisted = 4000 phys taken

total damage taken = 5,130

Okay so we have a flat 48.7% damage reduction no matter what compared to an armour investment of 100k. Point still stands what does one pick ? 3 Items to be already safe from one of the biggest physical hits? (core malachai hits harder than shaper) Or the investment of 100k armour which represents 50% phys dmg reduction which comes comes from all gear + additional flasks, skill nodes, ring enchants ect.

The answer for this one is not that hard. And once reaching the threshold for enough flat physical damage reduction armour becomes = usless or lets say highly replaceable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info