[3.0 HC] Zero Budget League Starter, Self-Flagellation Curse Immune- RF TOTEM (HC Gameplay Vids)

"
Violander wrote:
"
Feel free to play the way you want, this is just a "Guide". Would you mind sharing some insight on why Chieftain is better?

Geez, don't get so defensive, it's just a question/discussion, and no I wouldn't mind.

I mean if we just weigh those, Chieftain has more Inc Damage and more life regen. Not to mention MORE dmg done, tankier totems and placements speed, and the only things of value in Scion are Curse Reduction, passive points and 40dex.

Dex can easily be given a weighting of 1.3 passive points, and passive points can be given a weighting of around 9% increased damage. 3% block is ultimately pretty bad. So you are left with Curse Immunity vs all those things in Chieftain.

In your previous post, you said Scion is "strictly worse" compared to Chieftain without any reasons to back it up, this isn't Reddit my friend. And I'm not here to convince you that Scion is better, or trying to prove anything.

My intention is to show people how well you can do on a 4 link with no investment in a new HC league. Uber Atziri is way beyond the scope of this guide, which has nothing to do with zero budget and league starter.. And I'm afraid there aren't many people farming Uber Atziri in HC to start with, and pretty sure nobody would do that on Soul Mantle RF Totems.

Why would a passive points worth 9% damage instead of more life? the 100 extra STR you get from Scion nodes nets 150-200 Life, and the 3 extra passive points is worth at least another 200 Life.

Tell me a HC player who would trade 400 Life and curse Immune for the 16% more damage and 8% On Hit dmg reduction (under the condition of near your totems, which doesn't have good range), 1.5% extra regen with 3 endurance charge up.. If RF Totem is capable of killing Shaper, do you really think 16% more damage is relevant for normal map boss? and wouldn't Berserker be a better choice?

You're looking at the 2.6 Scion, thats why you don't see MS, AS and still on 3% block. Also you can go to Milky's guide to argue whether Ngamahu does anything, this is from his guide and I'll leave you to that

Fromt today's patch notes:

"
Summoned totems have 45% less life and take 45% less damage. This will impact life leeched from attacking enemy totems and the damage dealt by Righteous Fire totems.
Last edited by wldawn on Aug 2, 2017, 5:04:03 AM
"
wldawn wrote:
Fromt today's patch notes:

"
Summoned totems have 45% less life and take 45% less damage. This will impact life leeched from attacking enemy totems and the damage dealt by Righteous Fire totems.

The nerf wouldn't affect leveling at all, you would still have about the same clear speed as you see in the videos (without self-flagellation), the extra damage from self-flagellation is enough to compensate.

Now your totems last longer, making your leveling experience smoother especially in early levels.

RF build does very bad vs shaper and in groups
Is the RF totem any different in this?

Could I combine these? Go full hp nodes,turn on RF
then pick totem nodes? Would It perform worse or better?

I really wanted to go fully this build but then I seen all those NERFS last 2 weeks I'm not sure how good for end-game it is now.
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
"
CAKE wrote:
RF build does very bad vs shaper and in groups
Is the RF totem any different in this?

Could I combine these? Go full hp nodes,turn on RF
then pick totem nodes? Would It perform worse or better?

I really wanted to go fully this build but then I seen all those NERFS last 2 weeks I'm not sure how good for end-game it is now.

What do you mean by turn on RF then pick up totem nodes?

If you're talking about RF + RF Totem, it doesn't work.

I have no Shaper experience with RF Totem, Milky's post will help but not sure how well it does against Shpaer after the nerfs..
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1904823/page/1

You pretty much have to go Berserker for the damage if you're talking about doing Shaper

And as for grouping, I never group so no idea.
Traps and Mines, Minions, and Totems cannot activate Elemental Overload. Why did you take that then? Can you make it works with Orb of Storms?
Last edited by vegashadowclaw on Sep 13, 2017, 9:18:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info