I'm tired of picking up orbs on the ground

I want to know when you will have a pet to catch the orbs that fall on the ground.

Could you really make a deal of it work?

It would be great not to need to keep clicking on all the scrolls on the ground.
Last bumped on Jul 24, 2017, 7:06:34 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
No
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
No

Actually, it wont hurt at all. I've played many ARPGs with auto-pickup, and it's just a nice QoL improvement.
With good loot filter, you will never miss good currency anyway (like exalted, etc), as for junk currency (scrolls, etc) - do you really care that those will be even cheaper than they are?
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
No

Actually, it wont hurt at all. I've played many ARPGs with auto-pickup, and it's just a nice QoL improvement.
With good loot filter, you will never miss good currency anyway (like exalted, etc), as for junk currency (scrolls, etc) - do you really care that those will be even cheaper than they are?

While it would be nice for QoL, GGG don't want to include every possible QoL change possible because dealing with some clunk is thematic.

For example, their stance on inventory management, why we don't have an auto-sort feature or really any sort of reasonable personal inventory space at all, is to give a sense of "Weight" to items. Only being able to hold like 3-4 large items and having to manually move stuff about is their idea of creating immersion.

So it's not unlikely to assume that they don't want to automate picking up loot, as minor as it may be in the case of scrolls/Augs/Trans etc, in order to keep a sense of immersion about having to manually pick up things (Despite it really just leading to people using strict loot filters and not caring a single iota about any smaller currencies)
Only have my phone right now. Will have to copy paste the story why these suggestions are stupid as hell and will destroy the economy when I get home.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
So why can other games do it and not have their economy destroyed?
"
HousePet wrote:

other games like?
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Picking (clicking once or twice) up stuff is important, now, why do i have to click 99 times to pick up the same currency from labyrinth chests, for example, is not so important and i don't get it.

If only we could have something like diablo3 did, which is when you click to pick something up, all the similar currency gets picked up with it, so if there is 3 types of currency in the ground, you click 3 times and all of said currency is picked instantly.
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!
Last edited by The_Risen on Jul 20, 2017, 8:01:26 AM
"
HousePet wrote:

'Other games' is not a very helpful term...
Basically, for a game economy to work, things have to enter it, and LEAVE it again. OR it require that there is no trading (which is the same as not having a game economy). Otherwise the economy will eventually crash. In PoE, good items doesn't leave the game, nor does currency in sufficient amounts. Auto-pickup would add currency, thus speed up the crash point.

PoE is designed around the leagues, and those work as you don't get to the crash point before the league ends.

The answer in a game is NEVER to make things easier... That leaves a game without challenge, and in general people don't play those for long.
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
HousePet wrote:

other games like?

d3 kappa (no trade)

grim dawn (not an online arpg, you can play it with friends but cheat editor means you dont need to actually pick shit up anyway)

Some mmos, peo isn't an mmorpg, its an online arpg game and one that needs an economy (at least for the non ssf leagues)

So now you can argue there isn't any harm in doing it in ssf, except ssf has the ability to go to the regular leagues at any time.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info