I'm tired of picking up orbs on the ground

"
vio wrote:
that community ... some people are eagerly fighting bots and some wanting ggg to implement bot functionality directly into characters to trivialise the process.

reservation costs don't matter if you can send your ahk driven bot into your map after you speed cleared it to collect currency and it just has to walk around for 5 minutes before logging out.

*shakes head*

↑↑ T H I S ↑↑
“ I'm going to build my own Wraeclast with blackjack and hookers. In fact forgot about Wraeclast and the blackjack. Ah screw the whole thing. ” - Exile Bender

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

"
vio wrote:
that community ... some people are eagerly fighting bots and some wanting ggg to implement bot functionality directly into characters to trivialise the process.

reservation costs don't matter if you can send your ahk driven bot into your map after you speed cleared it to collect currency and it just has to walk around for 5 minutes before logging out.

*shakes head*

Bots can collect currency and other valuable loot regardless of auto-loot feature. Sure, if will make life a bit easier for bots, but it will do so much better for normal players.

In my opinion, a good game should be made "for players", not "against bots".
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I dont understand why this game doesnt already have auto pick up of wisdom scrolls and portals

I think it should have auto pick up for currency
"
Lynerus wrote:
I dont understand why this game doesnt already have auto pick up of wisdom scrolls and portals
Because GGG wants you to make choices. Choices of items. Choices of skills. Choices of passives. Choices on what to pick up and what to leave on the ground.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Lynerus wrote:
Because GGG wants you to make choices. Choices of items. Choices of skills. Choices of passives. Choices on what to pick up and what to leave on the ground.

Rather, they want us to make choice to NOT play PoE, because it lacks QoL mechanics, that became almost standard for ARPGs.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Lynerus wrote:

Rather, they want us to make choice to NOT play PoE, because it lacks QoL mechanics, that became almost standard for ARPGs.

Then don't play it.

Its not quality of life, its quality of layzness. If orbs did nothing more then crating then it might be acceptable, if orbs were only used as currency, it might be acceptable, but because they are used as both and a means of trading then orbs should be something you pickup by choice. Otherwise its not much different from gold in d3, now would it be?

If you think there are better ARPG games to play that have better QOL features, please by all means point them out, because sometimes I get sick of POE and the community that wants to constantly dumb down this game.

Poe was and is suppose to be different. From not having set items to making uniques not just be "better rares", its meant to be a more engaging game and part of that is deciding what you want to pickup and not just being rewarded for having X picked up for you. What fun do you have going thru the motions? A perfect example of this in action is rampage\breach interaction. In breaches a lot of monsters typically flood the screen and as a result you typically drop a lot of various currency items, if you are using one of the methods to get rampage you want to keep it up to continue to clear the map, but if you take too long looting the currency, then you lose your rampage buff and need to start over this matters more for an item like biscos belt but you get the overall idea.

I haven't played d3 in a couple of seasons I don't think, I was going to this one, but nothing has really changed, then again the WD's set is pretty decent, shrugs. Point being I don't remember everything being autopickup there. Yes gold is, yes some materials are, but are death breaths auto pickup? If not why aren't they? Maybe because its suppose to be something you click to get? Like everything in poe.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:

Its not quality of life, its quality of layzness. If orbs did nothing more then crating then it might be acceptable, if orbs were only used as currency, it might be acceptable, but because they are used as both and a means of trading then orbs should be something you pickup by choice. Otherwise its not much different from gold in d3, now would it be?

Whether you auto-loot it or pick manually, currency in PoE isnt much different to "gold" in other games. Despite having 10+ different currencies, 99% trades use only two - chaos and exalted (that can be considered "gold" in PoE. Why? Because that's what developed economy demands - the universal currency to perform easy trades.

You think a single currency (aka "gold") is bad? Actually, it barely matters. As i already said, for healthy economy, currency production and consumption should be even. If production prevails, we see total inflation, ex-orbitant prices for highest-tier items and anything below is considered junk, and so on.
D3 economy failed exactly because of that reason. There was too low gold consumption, and economy crumbled.

"
goetzjam wrote:

If you think there are better ARPG games to play that have better QOL features, please by all means point them out, because sometimes I get sick of POE and the community that wants to constantly dumb down this game.

Even if other ARPGs are worse in certain aspects, you still can learn from them, and use mechanics that proved to be good for players and game in long term. Auto-looting is one of those features. Games like Sacred 2, Grim Dawn, D3 and others treat player well when it comes to looting. They dont force player to click on every gold pile, making him happy both in short and long term. Sure, things like 10x drop rates or OP build can make player happy in short term, but in long term, he'll get bored and leave.

You know, before lootfilters were implemented in PoE, some players said THE SAME arguments (as you say) about loot filters. Yet, when they finally WERE added, 99%+ players were over-enjoyed by them, and economy didnt suddenly crumbled because of lootfilters.

"
goetzjam wrote:

Poe was and is suppose to be different. From not having set items to making uniques not just be "better rares", its meant to be a more engaging game and part of that is deciding what you want to pickup and not just being rewarded for having X picked up for you. What fun do you have going thru the motions? A perfect example of this in action is rampage\breach interaction. In breaches a lot of monsters typically flood the screen and as a result you typically drop a lot of various currency items, if you are using one of the methods to get rampage you want to keep it up to continue to clear the map, but if you take too long looting the currency, then you lose your rampage buff and need to start over this matters more for an item like biscos belt but you get the overall idea.

You know, i actually agree with GGG's view on set items. In literally every other ARPG, there are set items. And after playing them a lot, and rethinking how sets affect gamepley, i came to the same conclusion - too strong set bonuses just limit gearing options severely.
So yes, sometimes it's good to "be different", if said mechanics didnt proven its usefullness.
About uniques - i dont like the name "unique" in first place. "unique" means something ONE of a kind, and "uniques" in ARPGs (as items with pre-defened stats) dont fit that definition, because many similar "uniques" exist. In ARPGs like TQ or GD, they're called "epics" and "legendaries", i find those names fitting their nature far more.
"uniques" in D3 (as items with partially pre-defined an partially random stats) fit "unique" name more, in my opinion. At least, 2 "uniques" of same kind can actually have different stats... And i dont find that idea bad. If game designers decided, that best items should have both pre-defined and random stats - let it be so. It's much worse, when best items have completely pre-defined stats, as their acquision will be too easy. Getting an item with several random stats, all with proper mods, is far harder, and usually opens far more possibilities for itemization.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I think and item should pick up orbs for you

its a 2 hander thats called "Big Arse Magnet"

no sockets or stats

it just picks up nearby currency items for the player
I dont see any any key!

"
Whether you auto-loot it or pick manually, currency in PoE isnt much different to "gold" in other games. Despite having 10+ different currencies, 99% trades use only two - chaos and exalted (that can be considered "gold" in PoE. Why? Because that's what developed economy demands - the universal currency to perform easy trades.

You think a single currency (aka "gold") is bad? Actually, it barely matters. As i already said, for healthy economy, currency production and consumption should be even. If production prevails, we see total inflation, ex-orbitant prices for highest-tier items and anything below is considered junk, and so on.
D3 economy failed exactly because of that reason. There was too low gold consumption, and economy crumbled.

You butchered the quotes btw.

And despite chaos\exalt being the primary method of trading the lessor currencies are important because people do choose to pick them up or to not pick them up. Because various exchange rates exsits its asking for trouble for all currency to be able to just pick up automatically.

If you want to argue the merit for a snap pickup function for stuff like id scrolls, perandus coins, ect that will take all of 1 thing in an x amount of area and pick them all up, that is something I would consider QOL, but even then can pose a balance issue in terms of a surplus of currency being added into the market.

However auto pickup is not QOL, its a design choice and one POE did not make for obvious reasons.

The economy is one of the more important aspects of the games design and stuff that interferes with that should not be taken lightly. While other games like d3, the economical impact isn't anything because you don't trade and you don't interact with materials the same way.

"
Even if other ARPGs are worse in certain aspects, you still can learn from them, and use mechanics that proved to be good for players and game in long term. Auto-looting is one of those features. Games like Sacred 2, Grim Dawn, D3 and others treat player well when it comes to looting. They dont force player to click on every gold pile, making him happy both in short and long term. Sure, things like 10x drop rates or OP build can make player happy in short term, but in long term, he'll get bored and leave.

You know, before lootfilters were implemented in PoE, some players said THE SAME arguments (as you say) about loot filters. Yet, when they finally WERE added, 99%+ players were over-enjoyed by them, and economy didnt suddenly crumbled because of lootfilters.

Except gold isn't the same thing is poe's currency. They specifically made it different so it can't be classified as the same. If poe's system was a gold based one you could argue how its behind the times, but because the currency is also crafting materials and used to craft things (from master,ect) then its got far more uses then gold ever will have. You can't take gold and slap it on an item and change its properties, in poe you can take a couple different types of the currencies and modify items.

You are talking about long term implementations without considering the effect this would have. The suggestion itself is short sighted and dull.

If the currencies were important enough for you to pickup you would pick them up, just like at the start of the league. I think this issue is only compounded due to the speed of the game, but also because GGG buffed currency drop rates as well. Regardless, I don't think its going to ever be a good idea to implement auto looting of currencies. Simply put there isn't a comparable game that does this to poe and it opens up for an even faster paced game then we already have, rewarding those that clear faster and faster without regard to looking at whats actually dropping.

Loot filters are different. They allow you to see the loot and if anything the implementation of loot filters is yet another reason to not implement auto currency looting. Theres a massive difference from being able to properly see the loot that drops and having to make choices on what to loot and when.

"

You know, i actually agree with GGG's view on set items. In literally every other ARPG, there are set items. And after playing them a lot, and rethinking how sets affect gamepley, i came to the same conclusion - too strong set bonuses just limit gearing options severely.
So yes, sometimes it's good to "be different", if said mechanics didnt proven its usefullness.
About uniques - i dont like the name "unique" in first place. "unique" means something ONE of a kind, and "uniques" in ARPGs (as items with pre-defened stats) dont fit that definition, because many similar "uniques" exist. In ARPGs like TQ or GD, they're called "epics" and "legendaries", i find those names fitting their nature far more.
"uniques" in D3 (as items with partially pre-defined an partially random stats) fit "unique" name more, in my opinion. At least, 2 "uniques" of same kind can actually have different stats... And i dont find that idea bad. If game designers decided, that best items should have both pre-defined and random stats - let it be so. It's much worse, when best items have completely pre-defined stats, as their acquision will be too easy. Getting an item with several random stats, all with proper mods, is far harder, and usually opens far more possibilities for itemization.

Whether you call it unique or legendaries the point still stands that GGG has done certain things differently. Not implementing lazy shit like auto loot is one of the more important fundamental design choices they made.

You would have a better shot of them implementing an AH, then you would them implementing auto looting. The day either of these occur is the day poe is dead to me.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:

Except gold isn't the same thing is poe's currency. They specifically made it different so it can't be classified as the same. If poe's system was a gold based one you could argue how its behind the times, but because the currency is also crafting materials and used to craft things (from master,ect) then its got far more uses then gold ever will have. You can't take gold and slap it on an item and change its properties, in poe you can take a couple different types of the currencies and modify items.

Oh really? You think gold cant be used to pay for crafting in other games? What you can do with directly applying chaos/fuses/exalteds to an item in PoE, can be done in gold-based system with "pay" to "crafter NPC". Actually, even in PoE, currencies like Chaos or Exalted are usually used NOT directly on items, but to pay for "crafting NPC" services (be it Zana, Elreon, etc).
So, PoE's surrency system isnt so much different from 1-currency one. And it doesnt NOT have significant advantages (except being "different" from others). Though, i dont complain about PoE not having single currency, cause it doesnt have significant negative effect too.

"
goetzjam wrote:

You would have a better shot of them implementing an AH, then you would them implementing auto looting. The day either of these occur is the day poe is dead to me.

Yes, i DO want AH in PoE too, because i got incredibly frustrated by "price fixing" plague, that abuses badly implemented PoE's trading system. And i want auto-looting. And clear speed slowed. And insta-logout ( aka "chickencore") removed.

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info