3.0 Elementalist/Raider Doomfletch's Prism LA/TS/Barrage

Cool. Got it.

One more question you might know the answer to... When is the ele damage calculated with doomfletch's prism? Does it happen on hit? For example, would an enemy with vulnerability cause more ele damage since he takes more damage from phys? Or would vulnerability make the phys hit harder, but not increase the multiplier for ele dmg? i guess it comes down to whether or not the added ele damage is calculated on hit, or calculated from tool tip?

If it's on hit, I'm guessing the additional phys damage from crits would also translate to elemental damage.
Last edited by joshrose on Jul 24, 2017, 12:52:32 AM
"
joshrose wrote:
Cool. Got it.

One more question you might know the answer to... When is the ele damage calculated with doomfletch's prism? Does it happen on hit? For example, would an enemy with vulnerability cause more ele damage since he takes more damage from phys? Or would vulnerability make the phys hit harder, but not increase the multiplier for ele dmg? i guess it comes down to whether or not the added ele damage is calculated on hit, or calculated from tool tip?

If it's on hit, I'm guessing the additional phys damage from crits would also translate to elemental damage.

If I'm remembering correctly, the physical damage you are attacking with is going to be modified by the bow before you interact with the vulnerability damage increase. The elemental damage added will only apply once along the way, and should be applied based on the physical damage you attack with, not based on the physical damage you hit with per se. Curses really don't do much for this build, so I would suggest just using an enfeeble in a CWDT over an offensive curse, since you really don't need the damage from an offensive curse.
Scion looks decent with the new changes but Pathfinder probably will be better overall. Even without op flasks you get 20 ms 20 as, nearly infinite flask charges which translates into permanent quicksilver uptime while mapping and through flask effectiveness more ms and 24% ele penetration from Wise Oak on top of 10% you get from Pathfinder itself. As you said this build lacks mobility and a good rolled quicksilver makes you almost as fast as qof builds. Another problem is survivability which doesn't benefit much from blood rage/vp. It's not a must to go Pathfinder but it offers so many QoL benefits. Also you can still generate frenzy charges through HoI-Ice Bite.
"
Moerae wrote:
Scion looks decent with the new changes but Pathfinder probably will be better overall. Even without op flasks you get 20 ms 20 as, nearly infinite flask charges which translates into permanent quicksilver uptime while mapping and through flask effectiveness more ms and 24% ele penetration from Wise Oak on top of 10% you get from Pathfinder itself. As you said this build lacks mobility and a good rolled quicksilver makes you almost as fast as qof builds. Another problem is survivability which doesn't benefit much from blood rage/vp. It's not a must to go Pathfinder but it offers so many QoL benefits. Also you can still generate frenzy charges through HoI-Ice Bite.

Yep, I noted that also in the post. Unless something is fundamentally changed about flasks and flask effect in general, pathfinder will naturally be a step up for builds like this. Also, the build can reach about 6k+ hp with good gear since it has 200% inc life without jewels, but in the beta I was mainly focused on testing damage and had to roll bad mastercraft life on gear. This is still obviously not the sort of defense you would want on a HC build, and it's hard for me to recommend scion over pathfinder or inquisitor due to the trouble while leveling and the dire need for uber lab to save you 10+ passive points of travelling. Still, if you want to play scion this isn't a bad setup.
Last edited by Subaquatic on Jul 25, 2017, 7:16:50 PM
"
Subaquatic wrote:

Yes, the chance to bleed gem is going to be used purely for the flat physical damage. It provides as much damage as an abyssus and provides much more damage with this particular bow than anything that would be the next best link, unless you have any suggestions as to what would be better. Bleed is not a component of this build, we only want the flat physical damage to scale the elemental damage done by the bow.

The 6th link gem i used for barrage was GMP. Doesn't sound like DPS increase, but trust me.... its worth more than anything else for barrage until you get amu/enchant/quiver with more proj's for barrage. Once you get them, bleed gem might be good choice or Elemental Focus
IGN: Clon
What with you archer. Farm 15 tier or not? 4 days not updating guide im worried))
Could you be making leveling skill trees for this one, so that we can see in which order things should be picked up / which subtrees shall only be taken with specific items?
Last edited by Irongunner on Aug 4, 2017, 9:35:42 AM
What gems do you have in the bow? looking at the video I see it's not linked, So I assume you are using the linked gems in the chestpiece.
hey dude, thoughts about going elementalist/slayer for ascendancies?
Why no Oak? 20% physical damage sounds pretty good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info