There are some things I really hate about this game

For comment 10, I have some info I would like to share so I will put in a spoiler. Don't read it if you don't want to be spoiled for the beta. Everything in that section is subjective and an opinion much as I would like to say they are facts.

Spoiler

Act 5 has very long areas. Think warehouse district for about 10 different zones, essentially.

Act 6 has a super long prison: think Tower Map, I'm not even joking.

I've not started acts 7 or 8 yet so I won't comment, but I'm expecting them to be much much longer than acts 2 and 3 respectively

I think normal, cruel, and merc is actually much faster than acts 1-8 on average.

GGG wants their game to be continuously challenging, face tanking without repercussions and end game bosses that get liquified in 10 seconds or less is not a challenge. I welcome the change and the new challenge.
GGG wont listen to you they love circle jerking with their fans about muh challenge in a low mechanical skill cap game.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Noted. Next?

Oh oh, another "filthy casual" like me wants dumbed down "easy peasy" arpg. That used to be what I wanted coming over from D2, D3, TL2, etc. But now after 4.5 years of "filthy casual" playing of PoE I have reached a knowledge and skill level that makes me like the fact that PoE is the hardest to master arpg I've ever played.

For example, Legacy was the first challenge league that I leveled a challenge league build to 90 (and yes I did it in under 3 months so it being longer doesn't count, 77 days to be exact). It was the first league that I got a 6L to drop (off a rougue LS that said the rogue would drop a corrupted item), the first league I got a talking weapon (Jack The Axe), and the first league that I found the endangered rare white Roah and got my first (and probably only) Albino Roah feather right at the start of Legacy (made me sad to have to kill it and only get 1 feather... such a waste of the 100s of other feathers left on the carcass).

So I do understand some of the OP's dislikes of PoE. The random one-shot death trap creature (some volatiles), or the ever hated reflect damage (Mathil's lab death). The range of some things (like off-screen detonate dead totems... ZiggyD's race death). These kind of wonky extremely maddening things GGG does to "make PoE more hardcore" is just frustrating to the max and I wish GGG would stop it.

I don't see the time it takes us "casuals" to take a build from the beach to 90 is too long. I did it in SSF Legacy in ≈200 hrs. That's a good "goldilocks" time for me (not too long, not too short) so PoE is ok on the leveling time (with some luck in the gear drops of course). Of course the mandatory 3 complete run throughs to get to maps that is required is repetitiously boring but PoE 3.0 will end that problem.

Cost to respec is pretty high but GGG has stated why they did/do that and I'm ok with their reasoning and especially like that they explained it to us. Nothing is worse than for a game dev to make changes and not explain their thinking that led up to their decision to make the change (WTF! did the devs do that for without an explanation is never wanted). My saving grace is that since I've been in PoE since CB I have a good number of old dead (not endgame viable) builds so I could take one of them and get a full respec to try out another skill and skip the leveling drudgery (I did that on a level 72 witch to use a Whispering Ice Vile Staff. I now have a level 90.4 cold/fire WI SR Elementalist and Scorching Ray is a super fun alternative to traditional ranged and melee builds... with a waive of her wand and "everything dies" almost). For the OP or any new player that has no pool of old builds to get a full respec on then the leveling process is kind of tedious. But then again if the OP wants to just try out most skills and be done playing PoE in a year then that is the wrong attitude and PoE is the wrong game for him. PoE was designed to be a long term multi-year playing arpg and if that is off-putting to the OP then he should look elsewhere for his arpg gaming fix. There are plenty of other less demanding arpgs the OP can play.

On one thing I do agree on is that GGG is over-reaching and over-reacting too much by nerfing of skills that I don't see as "too op". Right now it's the ES nerfs for FoO that will kill the ES/CI/VP builds that work well right now and force us into using some form of hybrid life/mana builds with MoM (I'll have to dust off my Cloak of Defiance). The problems of a rare few rich players getting over 20K ES as justification for GGG to nerf ES from the base is a wrong decision. Whatever combo of gear these top players are using to get 20K+ ES should be examined and those gear pieces that are allowing for such extreme ES should be nerfed only. For the 99% of us with < 10K ES on our builds the global ES nerfing is just too extreme and is an unwarranted action to take just because Chris can state he's seen a 25K ES build. GGG needs to look at the entire player base and not focus on the top .001% op builds and make major changes based on the few players that are clever enough to create an uber build.

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:

The problems of a rare few rich players getting over 20K ES as justification for GGG to nerf ES from the base is a wrong decision. Whatever combo of gear these top players are using to get 20K+ ES should be examined and those gear pieces that are allowing for such extreme ES should be nerfed only. For the 99% of us with < 10K ES on our builds the global ES nerfing is just too extreme and is an unwarranted action to take just because Chris can state he's seen a 25K ES build. GGG needs to look at the entire player base and not focus on the top .001% op builds and make major changes based on the few players that are clever enough to create an uber build.

10K ES is trivial to reach. That's why ES is nerfed. Not because of the few 20K ES players. But because of the huge mass of players that have over 10K ES.

Actually, 10K ES wouldn't even be much of a problem, because it means those characters have low armor and should be weak against physical damage. But nowadays there are so many other ways to mitigate physical damage besides armor (and ways to get armor without having to invest into it) that it really isn't a downside anymore.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You've just got the wrong attitude for the game. It's not a "build a god" type of game. It's a starvation game. The people who trade cheat this somewhat, but the game is designed around "want". You don't seem to get that. You think that the game should be about "have". That's fine. There's games out there for you.

You keep telling your self that. The games drop rates and weighted affixes are absolutely designed around trading. All you're doing is kneecapping your self not trading. Believe me, I wish it wasn't so.
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You've just got the wrong attitude for the game. It's not a "build a god" type of game. It's a starvation game. The people who trade cheat this somewhat, but the game is designed around "want". You don't seem to get that. You think that the game should be about "have". That's fine. There's games out there for you.

You keep telling your self that. The games drop rates and weighted affixes are absolutely designed around trading. All you're doing is kneecapping your self not trading. Believe me, I wish it wasn't so.

You do realize that you aren't countering his argument right? In fact you are reinforcing it...
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

You do realize that you aren't countering his argument right? In fact you are reinforcing it...

Uh...no I'm not. He called trading " cheating" and suggested the game is all about what you want and not actually getting it. This is only the case if you ignore trading or play SSF which is just knee capping your self. If anyone "doesn't get it" it's him. If he put down trading or said there is too much emphasis on trading I would whole heartedly agree. But he told the guy he doesn't get it, and it's " a starvation game", which is pretty inaccurate.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jul 19, 2017, 3:57:19 PM
If they have to add more one-shot mechanics to make the game hard then I guess they've given up for good.

More hot takes to come when they make the game not lag and crash for me!
In certain aspects you are right.

My complaint is that all the good builds needs at least one exceptional UNIQUE item. Without it, you cannot play til the end game content. This dependancy on UNIQUES in builds its the great shi.. in this game!

Ultimately I'm the only one in my friends list that logs in game and play at least one time by week. All of them quit and not returned anymore.

I'm playing very less frequently than ever in PoE. I'm feeling not motivated to play again and to start from 0 again with other new skill gem in a new League again again ... Always from the 0!

Probably I will play only one char again in Fall of Oriath and quit definitely from PoE after that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info