[3.1] The Azure Knight Raider (Flurry/F. Blades/Life/Crit/Conversion) (4 min Shaper run)

Finally got all the main unique pieces. Got currency boost after selling my the King heart (for Koam heart armor) d.card for 51C, allowing me to get a decent 6-socket/5-link Perfect storm at 70c.

I do have a question. YOu have blood rage in build, but it drain life, & it will drain life out of combat with VP. kind of irritating. From my exp, you either have to move fast pack to pack, or pack extra life flask. Whats your take on this?

Also I am pondering if I can drop VP & use carnage heart which give increase 50% leech rate. With regen (need to invest a few regen passive nodes I guess), will it be a viable option. VP also tough on those uber lab runs trap, & I suck at them enough with life regen.

Just weighing my options.
Last edited by KiadawP on Aug 28, 2017, 2:11:29 AM
Best way to use Blood Rage is by having it in your weapon, when you weapon swap it will stop working. So just press "x" for example twice and it will be off :) downside is you cannot socket auras/curse in weapons, as they will be also disabled.

Haven't tested the leech with the Carnage Heart, we get a bit of increased life leech rate but no maximum life leech, so it will probably be worse.

And yes, lab is hard for VP, extra life flasks are highly recommended ;p
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
Last edited by Bristoling on Aug 28, 2017, 3:46:32 AM
"
Bristoling wrote:
Best way to use Blood Rage is by having it in your weapon, when you weapon swap it will stop working. So just press "x" for example twice and it will be off :) downside is you cannot socket auras/curse in weapons, as they will be also disabled.

Haven't tested the leech with the Carnage Heart, we get a bit of increased life leech rate but no maximum life leech, so it will probably be worse.

And yes, lab is hard for VP, extra life flasks are highly recommended ;p

Again thanks for the quick & detailed reply. I guess I cross the bridge when I get there, fking hate the labs traps.
Added Raider version Shaper run video to the opening post, Phertux, thank you very much for making it!
This is the kind of dps you will reach easily in a league with a 270 dps claw and small investment - easy 2 million dps to Shaper fully buffed, according to Path of Building (no shock).

No advertising gifs with a 455 pdps dagger or a 388 pdps sword like in other threads, this is the kind of performance anyone can get :)
My build guides:

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Last edited by Bristoling on Sep 4, 2017, 4:26:20 PM
Progress report for this build.

I beated Kitava at level 70, no death :), leveling was mostly smooth with only a period of rough path at around act 5.

I went straight to T7 map at 70 & doing okay. Thats without having done even merliless lab & unable to yet wield having Doyani Sceptor. So I am happy.

I think this build has much higher ceilng then my Sunder starter build.

The only major change I did to the build was a swap Vitality viod for Vaal pact, & wore Carnage heart to compliment. If I have issue with leech in higher maps/bosee, I can always swicth back to Vaal pact.

Other minor change include swapping frost bomb for Immortal call for more defence.

I have a question for blade flurry itself though

There is always a noticeable 1/2-3/4 sec void between activing blade flurry when I release the channeling after I got full 6 charges for the bubble explosion. Is this normal, or I am just too slow. Also is is better just not to release the channeling & ignore the bubble?

"
Bristoling wrote:
Added Raider version Shaper run video to the opening post, Phertux, thank you very much for making it!
This is the kind of dps you will reach easily in a league with a 270 dps claw and small investment - easy 2 million dps to Shaper fully buffed, according to Path of Building (no shock).

No advertising gifs with a 455 pdps dagger or a 388 pdps sword like in other threads, this is the kind of performance anyone can get :)

Only I am again rich, I get better claws. But yeah I currency poor, but assert rich. LOL.

Shouldn't take long now I am mapping (not leveling) again.
Thank for the build.
"
Other minor change include swapping frost bomb for Immortal call for more defence.
I've just included it in the guide as well, and gonna update other threads as well. With self cast Enduring Cry we can get a decent period of invulnerability even without Inc. Duration gem.

"

There is always a noticeable 1/2-3/4 sec void between activing blade flurry when I release the channeling after I got full 6 charges for the bubble explosion. Is this normal, or I am just too slow. Also is is better just not to release the channeling & ignore the bubble?
I don't know if I got this right but I'll try to answer anyway :D

Basically, when you get your 6th stack, there is this bubble animation, but if you keep your button pressed, it will disappear. In any case, animation is only there if you need visual help with the timing of the release, and as long as you keep button pressed, you are dealing decent damage.
However, for best dps output, it is best to release once you build up to 6 charges, and start building them up again, and so on.

Difference between holding a button constantly, and starting from 1->6, release, 1->6, release and so on is more or less 33% dps.
So if just holding gives you 6 dps, with releasing you could get 8 dps, 33% more.

I have slightly updated the passive tree, to include Acrobatics in the build. New pathing costs the exact same amount of points, we get Acrobatics, we could easily take Heartseeker, but we do lose 3% dps.
I believe that the gain of Acro is definately worth losing such a pityfull amount of dps and proximity of Heartseeker actually improves the dps of the build once you are in your 90s. Credit goes to Phertux, whose pathing around that area in his Shaper video have sparked my interest.

Changing to this new tree is recommended but not high priority, as those Regret orbs can be spent better in other areas if you are on a budget.
My build guides:

Last edited by Bristoling on Sep 5, 2017, 2:30:32 PM
"
Bristoling wrote:
"
I've just included it in the guide as well, and gonna update other threads as well. With self cast Enduring Cry we can get a decent period of invulnerability even without Inc. Duration gem.

"

I don't know if I got this right but I'll try to answer anyway :D

Basically, when you get your 6th stack, there is this bubble animation, but if you keep your button pressed, it will disappear. In any case, animation is only there if you need visual help with the timing of the release, and as long as you keep button pressed, you are dealing decent damage.
However, for best dps output, it is best to release once you build up to 6 charges, and start building them up again, and so on.

Difference between holding a button constantly, and starting from 1->6, release, 1->6, release and so on is more or less 33% dps.
So if just holding gives you 6 dps, with releasing you could get 8 dps, 33% more.

I have slightly updated the passive tree, to include Acrobatics in the build. New pathing costs the exact same amount of points, we get Acrobatics, we could easily take Heartseeker, but we do lose 3% dps.
I believe that the gain of Acro is definately worth losing such a pityfull amount of dps and proximity of Heartseeker actually improves the dps of the build once you are in your 90s. Credit goes to Phertux, whose pathing around that area in his Shaper video have sparked my interest.

Changing to this new tree is recommended but not high priority, as those Regret orbs can be spent better in other areas if you are on a budget.

Yes. you have comprehensively answered my question. Okay, I will take a look at the new tree. Thanks again.
Hello thare mate i haver a chance of getting the corrupted gloves but they arent 3b-1r, they are 1R-1G-2B, so should i buy those? what gem would you recomend to put into the green slot to replace increased area of effect, or should i wait for the 3B1R?

EDIT: also i would like to ask you why cold pen instead of ruthless?, on the builder ruthless shows a superior dps compareed to cold pen.
Last edited by Barkano on Sep 7, 2017, 1:33:50 PM
Ruthless, being a red gem, would mean a total of 5 off-colors. 4 off-colors cost 300-350 chromes on average (Vorici 1 blue 1 red), if you want 1G 3R 2B, this would be almost 4k chromes, which costs a ton.
Also, you have to remember that difference is quite small, and if you encounter monsters with high resist (natural resist + rare mod, or some essence monsters for example) or just roll a map with monster resistances modifier, then Cold Penetration gem will be superior, especially against bosses on maps with such a modifier. Against regular monsters, you might not have Frost Bomb debuff active, meaning that the gap between CP and Ruthless is almost non existent and definately not worth spending 4k chromes on getting additional red socket.

In the gloves, you can easily put your Vaal Haste or Arctic Armour, and you will have a free socket on other piece of gear for recoloring (but your debuffs will lose a bit of area).
Alternatively, you can pay (or sometimes find a free service) to get your gloves recolored. If, for example, you have Hatred/Blasphemy/Curse/AA in your boots, you can pay for a 2B 2G recolor of the gloves (average 18 chromes 18 vaal according to calculator) and recolor your boots to fit the gems that you would normally put in your gloves.

I've used this guys service after seeing it on global 820: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1983699/page/4#p14851657
My build guides:

Last edited by Bristoling on Sep 7, 2017, 1:54:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info