[3.6 Video Guide] Beginner's Guide SRS Baron Life [HC/SC/Atziri/Uber Izaro/Shaper Viable]

"
RenanLamante wrote:
Hello Ghazzy!

Just bought my Baron last night. I was using a Bone Helmet till then. But to be honest, i didnt notice any boost in my minions damage.

Here's my gear:

Any advice?

I'll get my 20% quality gems today.

"

Hey,

Awesome :D
There is a damage boost, but then again, SRS is brokenly overpowered with or without it :P

Well you could get more strength on your rare items which scales up HP & your damage, doubt you need more damage but still.

Next step would be to re-craft the weapon to a +3 :)

Oh, thanks! I forgot to link my amulet.

May i buy a nice rolled Astramentis or just focus on +3 weapon?
I just bring the truth!

Last edited by RenanLamante on Sep 5, 2017, 2:31:13 PM
"
wftico wrote:
I do have question in regards to the survivability of the build.
Currently I'm lv 90 with the baron unique and about ~7,750 life.

I feel if I use other uniques as well (biscos for example, and the gloves) I'm going to lose too much life and therefore survivability. Is it really advised to use that many uniques?

They are not mandatory but does help tons for damage & clear speed. Usually 8-9k HP is what you should have at lvl 90+ with proper gearing. Though the build works perfectly fine without the Leash, Collar or gloves. How many of the uniques you want to add is up to you :)

"
RenanLamante wrote:
"
RenanLamante wrote:
Hello Ghazzy!

Just bought my Baron last night. I was using a Bone Helmet till then. But to be honest, i didnt notice any boost in my minions damage.

Here's my gear:

Any advice?

I'll get my 20% quality gems today.

"

Hey,

Awesome :D
There is a damage boost, but then again, SRS is brokenly overpowered with or without it :P

Well you could get more strength on your rare items which scales up HP & your damage, doubt you need more damage but still.

Next step would be to re-craft the weapon to a +3 :)

Oh, thanks! I forgot to link my amulet.

May i buy a nice rolled Astramentis or just focus on +3 weapon?

I would take the Baron helmet as the last upgrade and +3 just before that and focus on all other gear pieces before.

Once all of your gear is sorted you will look at the luxoury stuffs such as 21/20 SRS, LvL 4 Empower etc etc
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Hey, I'm really loving this build and I am kicking ass for a large portion of my playtime. It's been great so far but I am getting slightly concerned about boss killing. 99% of the time the only issue I have is when it's just me and the boss. I'm talking T14+ bosses, some T13 bosses. No big deal I can just skip em but I want the Atlas bonus so I need to kill them once.

Are there any tactics that I should be utilizing for boss fights? Currently, I try to throw out a few VLT and a decoy totem and spam SRS as much as possible while avoiding any big damage but if I've already popped vaal haste and my spirits die and they take out my decoy totem in 2 hits I'm kinda screwed. I can't spam SRS fast enough!

Will you please look at what I've got going on and guide me a bit? I've followed your guide pretty closely the only thing I did differently was to take the minion damage nodes at the top of the tree, so I could drop those and pick up more life nodes. And recently I switched my desecrate to my weapon swap - not sure if I totally like it but I needed more hotkey space.

Thanks so much for this build by the way it's a ton of fun.

"
Hey, I'm really loving this build and I am kicking ass for a large portion of my playtime. It's been great so far but I am getting slightly concerned about boss killing. 99% of the time the only issue I have is when it's just me and the boss. I'm talking T14+ bosses, some T13 bosses. No big deal I can just skip em but I want the Atlas bonus so I need to kill them once.

Are there any tactics that I should be utilizing for boss fights? Currently, I try to throw out a few VLT and a decoy totem and spam SRS as much as possible while avoiding any big damage but if I've already popped vaal haste and my spirits die and they take out my decoy totem in 2 hits I'm kinda screwed. I can't spam SRS fast enough!

Will you please look at what I've got going on and guide me a bit? I've followed your guide pretty closely the only thing I did differently was to take the minion damage nodes at the top of the tree, so I could drop those and pick up more life nodes. And recently I switched my desecrate to my weapon swap - not sure if I totally like it but I needed more hotkey space.

Thanks so much for this build by the way it's a ton of fun.

Hey,

Absolutely, let's see..

Having desecrate available is only in the guide to allow you to keep up Flesh Offering as a map starter buff but mainly to have the buff running vs bosses which doesn't have adds. It's a huge DPS loss vs bosses not having Flesh Offering up.

Decoy Totem can be in some situations inferiour to Spell Totem + Skeletons as they provide a lot of agro and decoys, however, any boss with a lot of AoE dmg will clear them so fast that decoy totem is the generally better choice.

For those higher end-game red tiers you could switch out Melee Splash for Added Fire or Ruthlesness or even Multistrike. If you want to you could add any of them over Minion Speed as well to further increase DMG since Bisco's Leash provides tons of movement speed for the minions already. (I recommend using Path of Building to check which gem would grant you the most DPS depending on your gear and what not, sadly I'm in school atm so can't check!)

"
Ghazzy wrote:

They are not mandatory but does help tons for damage & clear speed. Usually 8-9k HP is what you should have at lvl 90+ with proper gearing. Though the build works perfectly fine without the Leash, Collar or gloves. How many of the uniques you want to add is up to you :)

Hey,

alright. Thanks. Could you look over my gear real quick and tell me where it should improve on? I'm kind of confused, as I'm 91 now and sitting at 7,305 hp (with biscos leash). Also I have about 759 strength currently. Is that rather bad for lv 91?

I really don't see how I could improve on increased life by a lot anymore. What am I missing? :)

Here is the gear:
Spoiler

Thank you Ghazzy :)
Last edited by wftico on Sep 6, 2017, 11:00:55 AM
Hi Ghazzy,

First I'd like to thank you for this build, it's been tons of fun so far. I frankly hadn't expected a summoner to be so much fun, it's my very first summoner build I play in any game so far, and I love it!

So... since it's my first build I might have made some mistakes, so please, if you could, take a look at it and tell me where to improve it.

My current gear is shown below:

Spoiler

I use Raise Zombie skill because they're awesome as meat shields, almost never die and do a great job clearing enemies in conjunction with SRS. Vaal Skele is great for bosses, breaches, essences. No issue sso far but I only do T10s right now.

Long story short, is there more optimization possible here? Maybe gem setup/arrangement, or something?

Thanks in advance for your answer!
Hi Ghazzy,

I love playing this build but I think I may have almost capped out on gear and was wondering if you have any other tips on upgrades. Besides lvl 21 SRS and empower 4 what else could I improve? Currently I have problems with twin core (couldn't kill last phase) and couldn't do Hall of Grandmasters. My decoy totem dies too fast and I can't set up spirit offering, vaal lightning, and vaal haste fast enough for maximum damage output. Since I can't even do some tier 15s I assume I'm going to struggle against guardians and shaper.

Gear:
Spoiler

"
wftico wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

Hey,

alright. Thanks. Could you look over my gear real quick and tell me where it should improve on? I'm kind of confused, as I'm 91 now and sitting at 7,305 hp (with biscos leash). Also I have about 759 strength currently. Is that rather bad for lv 91?

I really don't see how I could improve on increased life by a lot anymore. What am I missing? :)

Here is the gear:
Spoiler

Thank you Ghazzy :)

Hey,

I think your gear looks alright, it can obvisouly be improved with the numeric values to have higher HP. Keep in mind that Bisco's Leash does drop your potential HP with a lot but also increases your clear speed significantly.
The ammount of strength is something I never look at tbh, the more the marrier for the sake of DMG but the life you get as a player is mandatory to get some strength which should be on every piece you can, if you get t1-2 life rolls with t1-4 strength rolls on every piece whilst still capping res you should land on at least 1k more HP but thats not always possible, depending on the market.
If you have all your life nodes and have your stated 7.3k HP it would be close to 8k with a "real" belt but your clear speed would take a hit.
Also the use of Grip of the Council drops HP compared to a pair of rare gloves, but again, lowers DMG output :)

"
war4peace wrote:
Hi Ghazzy,

First I'd like to thank you for this build, it's been tons of fun so far. I frankly hadn't expected a summoner to be so much fun, it's my very first summoner build I play in any game so far, and I love it!

So... since it's my first build I might have made some mistakes, so please, if you could, take a look at it and tell me where to improve it.

My current gear is shown below:

Spoiler

I use Raise Zombie skill because they're awesome as meat shields, almost never die and do a great job clearing enemies in conjunction with SRS. Vaal Skele is great for bosses, breaches, essences. No issue sso far but I only do T10s right now.

Long story short, is there more optimization possible here? Maybe gem setup/arrangement, or something?

Thanks in advance for your answer!

Hey,

Okey.. so let's start with the most important part:
Generosity - Hatred => This is the absolute best damage providing buff in the entire game for almost all minion builds that deal physical DMG. Removing this drops your potential DPS insanely.

The problem with using Skeletons, Zombies & SRS and even including a Vaal Summon Skellies on top of this poses these issues:

1) There's a thing called Hitboxes which can't be overwritten even by the so called "flying" SRS. This means that bosses specifically (as thats the only time it really matters) can't have more than a set ammount of minions attacking it. The bigger the hitbox the more space the minions take up around the target. So if you have Zombies (pretty big) and Skeletons (semi-big) you barely have room for your SRS to attack the target until their start dying or are not close enough to the boss depending on their position/AI.

2) Socket starvation is a huge problem for many summoner builds, so by adding as many different minions as you have in your setup you are removing vital things that the build guide is displaying. Examples are:
* EE Curse on Hit or Wicker Man Spectres
* Hatred on Generosity
* Proper Moving ability
etc etc.

So, my recommendation is to do this:
Drop the skeletons entirely, it is fine to use VSK as decoys together with the decoy totem imo but having normal skellies on self-cast when you should be casting SRS is a waste.
The zombies are ok to use, though I would never have them in more than a 4L if even that (Zombies > Fortify > Minion Resist > Minion Life ) I personally would only use 2 sockets if I ever decided to use them and if so, I would replace the suggested EE Curse on Hit setup for them. But then again, in that situation I would much rather use the Wicker Man spectres as they are tankier & pose a much better addition of dmg to the build than what the Zombies would do.

Since you will no longer need a 6L chest, I'd recommend getting a 6 socket life/res providing rare chest as wel :)

"
jajacakes wrote:
Hi Ghazzy,

I love playing this build but I think I may have almost capped out on gear and was wondering if you have any other tips on upgrades. Besides lvl 21 SRS and empower 4 what else could I improve? Currently I have problems with twin core (couldn't kill last phase) and couldn't do Hall of Grandmasters. My decoy totem dies too fast and I can't set up spirit offering, vaal lightning, and vaal haste fast enough for maximum damage output. Since I can't even do some tier 15s I assume I'm going to struggle against guardians and shaper.

Gear:
Spoiler

Hey,

Hall of the Grandmaster is impossible with this, build. Literally... I was the first streamer to do the map when it was released, this was before all the SRS nerfs and I had gear worth around 4500 Exalteds and failed at the very first Max Block RF Exile -.-'

Twin Core is ot to be underestimated, it's a hard fight. However, t15s in general shouldn't be a big problem. Shaper & Guardians can be done in a 5L +2 fire without Baron (proven by Karvarousku several times in SSF HC).

You can get a bit more life from your chest, though it would be a rather minimal upgrade since it does have 50 strength as well.
Astramentis can obviously roll better.

Honestly, outside the numeric values (which looks great) you have very good gear for this character, nice work!
I'd suggest dropping the Granite Flask for an Onslaught Flask to speed yourself up a bit.
You could get a Belt of the Deciever or any high HP rare belt to use vs bosses as Rampage will drop off whe you fight a boss.

I would simply suggest not rolling the t15 too hard for the build to handle, for example:
Core map is hard AF if twinned, same goes with enemies increased AoE (the splash slams gets hilariously stupidly big).
Hey guys,

Starting to really struggle doing ~t11 and was wondering if you guys can critique my gear! First time I have played past lv 80 so any tips appreciated.

Many thanks.
hi ghazzy its me again

now i will try this build

the memories of my ED trickster still prevail XD

as you know well i play HC this build is HC oriented ? , because of some ítems you recomend

and while i cant reach a baron helmet yet , any good reemplacement until i can afford baron ?

regards

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info