Constructive ideas on how to actually (and finally) balance PvP

I think folks are on track with us getting no official assistance, so with all the responsibility on us, why not turn PvP into a cult? People like cults, makes life a little on rails but lightens the load on the mind. Criticising a cult can be considered a hate crime sometimes so it also offers some fraction of social protection and in turn stability. When the cult gets big enough we can petition GGG to reconsider their opinions on PvP, hell if we get big enough we can strong arm them through social pressure.

Also we could get some cool matching uniforms, I'm in favour of face concealing hoods, but having no face could be off putting. Ahfack you can be face man, everyone likes you slightly more then everyone else, so imagine if we put you in front of people who weren't severely autistic.

Rlowe, wear something revealing and be incredibily ambiguous in every regard, actually that might also help with the plan, get Evilist on it too.

Harley, you've been around for yonks, can you think of anyone with organisation skills? Like, someone you've seen or heard talk of in regards to getting folks together for events of some kind, rallying people under a flag, even in small groups, like 3 to 6.

Actalo, just keep posting, it will help people think there is some kinda preexisting infrastructure rather then this death rattle.
"That's nice cupcake" ~ Rlowe, 1984 - RIP in pieces, least we 4get
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"...post-ironic thread..." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"
Alpha_Dragon wrote:

Harley, you've been around for yonks, can you think of anyone with organisation skills? Like, someone you've seen or heard talk of in regards to getting folks together for events of some kind, rallying people under a flag, even in small groups, like 3 to 6.

lol <3
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U8RsLeGNrZw

GGG at the wheel trying to balance the game.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
MullaXul wrote:

I wonder though, since GGG merely sets the stage - and we're the actors, who's fault is it really when the play sucks?
"
Actalo wrote:
"
MullaXul wrote:

I wonder though, since GGG merely sets the stage - and we're the actors, who's fault is it really when the play sucks?

If they had made the stage better, the actors wouldn't be putting holes in it with the special effects.
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
I think pvp's major problem isn't its balance. While balance is certainly an issue at the highest level of pvp, I think it should come secondary to the larger issues of pvp. Gaining an audience at the casual level.

Without people trying out pvp and having a fun time goofing around, they're not going to worry about taking it to the next step and trying to compete in the queues.

Firstly, casual pvp should be be something players want to do secondary to leveling and farming, its something they should be able to do while taking a break from grinding to fuck around in global chat or while waiting for trades, or to test builds or different gear options.

But you can't really do any of that in sarn arena, the obvious place for these things to take place.
You can't try out different gear options without multiple loading screens from Arena, to town, to hideout, back to sarn (or by running a long distance in act 3).

There's no area to rest and chat in Sarn Arena. This is more important that I think people realise. If you ever played D2, sitting in rogue encampment bridge was a large part of it. If you had buddies online, you could remove yourself from the heat of combat to chat momentarily. If you wanted to swap gear, you could run to your stash without having to exit the game.

Right now sarn arena is not a place to goof around, its 100% pvp and nothing else. and as a result, the area is a ghosttown in leagues. People will goof around and pvp if they see others in there, but there's currently no reason to enter that area.

Also, a big draw to any activity is seeing people doing it. Sarn is very isolated, If you can't see how many people are pvping or that pvp is happening it might not even cross your mind.

I propose adding a safe zone at one or all of the entrances, along with a stash, waypoint, and leo, who allows you to sell items to. And...anything else that will draw people into that area, like a sparing dummy.

The closer players are to the pvp action and the more convenient it is to join in, the more likely they are to do so.
"
jstiller30 wrote:

But you can't really do any of that in sarn arena, the obvious place for these things to take place.
You can't try out different gear options without multiple loading screens from Arena, to town, to hideout, back to sarn (or by running a long distance in act 3).

...what? i do that all the time. just bring the items you want to test with you. it's as easy as that.

it's not like one isn't in their h/o or town before entering the arena, anyway.

"
jstiller30 wrote:
There's no area to rest and chat in Sarn Arena.

...you mean like, a corner?

and we chat in the arena all the time. what are you talking about?
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Jul 18, 2017, 3:42:58 AM
The safe zone in sarn arena has been mentioned multiple time and is a retarded idea. Players will just create glass canon offscreeners and chicken out as soon as someone got close to them (remember D2 guided arrow and bone spirit ?) It will also be full of wannabe PoE superstar staying afk all day with their alt art/demigod item on. We also have enough space in our character inventory to do strategical swape without needing a chest.

What we need is a better spectator mod, we should be able to spectate the arena just by clicking on the entrance. Then you go into spectator form wich is pretty awesome because you can move by yourself (a big speed move bonus should be added) or lock into a player while beeing able to chat with other spectator.

Last edited by IceDeal on Jul 18, 2017, 5:57:17 AM
"
IceDeal wrote:
a big speed move bonus should be added

For all the shit everyone keeps giving each other about the state of the forums, we're getting shit done in regards to top notch ideas lads.
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
pvp just need rewards. give people rewards, like xp by killing, AA rewards for each top 3 at the end of the ladder season etc. people would play pvp all day.

runawayfixer had a pvp damage formula idea, implementing that would be enough i think
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info