3.0.0 Beta Performance Improvements

"
LoloTwingo wrote:
1050Ti is already overkill for PoE, i play since 3 years with my old 5850 1Gb and have no problem at all (but it's Dx9, not 11).
My CPU is ok too, but is still more than up to date (i5-2500K @4.5).

For me, the problem is the network. I played 2,5 years with a 30+ mbps connection and of course noticed nothing.
Since 6 months i moved and now have 3,5mbps connection. With ADSL TV off all is fine, but when the TV is on i only have 0,5mbits/s left (62kBytes/s), and it is clearly not enough. My <50ms ping without TV then runs frequently @200ms, with peaks at nearly 1000 ms which makes the game unplayable (like we were back to desync days, before lockstep).

Perhaps some optimizations could be also done regarding network bandwidth.

the game only needs some bytes per second for bandwith while playing. try to set your gaming pc's ip address as a priority target in your router's quality of servive settings.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Honestly, this is the most exiting news from 3.0.
I'm really hyped for this, and really thankful but I play on a Core2Duo E6300, Radeon 6670 and 4gbs RAM.
Hopefully I'll be able to play a couple of different builds now
"
Sarno wrote:
The CPU is an i5 which is a very typical choice for gamers. The exact model isn't that significant in terms of performance. I still have a GTX 770 and I'm quite sure it beats the 1050 Ti.

The hardware might be fairly new, but it isn't especially powerful (far from it, imo).

If you actually looked to see what gamers HAD, rather than introducing sampling error by just going on anecdotal bragging from those that had it, you'd know that those are still pretty "high" for a gamer.

Yes, while your GTX 770 edges out a 1050 Ti, notice how close both are to the top of that list, (one that's a tier list made by guys who benchmark them for a living, rather than an arbitrary vote-based sstem) and how it's much closer to that end than to where a lot of "common" cards (like the GT 730 and Radeon 7770 & 7750) lie.

I covered a bit of these examples in a earlier post, linking to some hard evidence. (Another link here if you missed it!) A few things to take from the listing, current as of the end of the month of May:

• 16.54% of DX12-capable users (or just shy of ONE in SIX) have a GeForce 700-series card WEAKER than your 770, compared to just 1.34% who have either a 770 or 780.

• Mind you, those numbers for DX12 GPUs aren't adjusted to account for the fact that almost 1/4 of users overall don't even have a video card that can support DX12. Granted, the bulk of THOSE are using integrated graphics, so instead we can be sure that this "DX12" list is mostly focusing more SERIOUS gamers, and not "Candy-Crush Players," even if we're filtering out a few, like the 4.36% of ALL users who happen to be using a Radeon 5k or 6k-series card, for instance. And do remember, of course, that this is all STEAM users, which is in and of itself acknowledgement of actual PC gaming for that machine.

• Figuring out what's BETTER than the 1050 Ti, we get a list of 35 video cards... That only have a COMBINED 21.22% of the share of DX12-capable GPUs, or 16.1% of ALL Steam gamers. So again, to re-iterate, that's 21.22% of gamers that bothered to actually keep up with modern video cards. Even extend that to include the 1050 Ti's tier, and it only grows to 29.74% of DX12 users, or 22.59%
    of all users.

• If you actually start counting your way down that tier list, and adding up percentages until you get the "midway point" on the DX12 list, you cross over that at... The 14th tier, (out of 37 that extend back to the beginning of Direct3D support) being primarily represented by sixth-most used card, the lowly GT 730.

If we pretended that laptops didn't exist, (and those laptop chips are almost exclusively on a pretty low level themselves) and removed the 14.44% of users that had those, this bumps our median up the TENTH tier, primarily represented by what's also the TENTH most-popular card, the GTX 750. (not Ti, just plain)

Long story short, no, a 1050 Ti is NOT what represents most gamers out there, even if it represents "What you'd recommend to someone spending money on a new system TODAY." PC users aren't constantly replacing their systems, and these medians are cards that are be 3-4 years old.

Doubly so is to remember that Path of Exile isn't a game renowned for having cutting-edge graphics; the character models, for instance, look decidedly dated, and while the beta has brought SOME new lighting and shaders, a lot of that still looks much more like a less-graphically-ambitious title for the Xbox 360 (a console that came out ELEVEN years ago) rather than a visual stunner on the Xbox One.

So, taking those into account along with Path of Exile being a FREE-TO-PLAY game... It makes little sense to design and target the top quartile as your ONLY segment.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on Jun 26, 2017, 11:35:20 PM
This is the best fxxking news guys. I will play 3.0 just for this, even if other system like pantheon sucks. Way to go ! i've endure this lag even with a 5k$ dual CPU system.
[3.2]Muh Sprinkler - /view-thread/2117962
[3.2]Muh Poet's pen elementalist - /view-thread/2105455
[2.6]Unethical Voltaxic -6mans shaper - /view-thread/1882958
[2.4]LULFinder CocDischarge - /view-thread/1753207 (sucks now)
[1.3]JustAnotherCritMjolner - /view-thread/1181110 (relics of the past)
I appreciate performance updates. Thank you for that.

But I also have some really important question:
"
Jonathan wrote:
Unlike when we usually record video, we recorded this on a normal computer in order to demonstrate the difference that a regular user might be able to expect. Here are the specs:
Intel i5-6500
GeForce 1050 Ti
8 GB of RAM

Is this some kind of trolling from developers? Since when top hardware from mid-tier segment in 2017 is NORMAL computer? Normal computer is medium hardware from mid-tier segment in ~2013 (also normal computer is NOT using SSD hdd). Not everyone using gaming system which is upgraded every 2 years.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
I had been loving the beta though with bad framerate due to the new fire effects in act 5 and water everywhere else, this looks like it should help a lot for my low end pc. Are there any plans to offer a low end options for the new water and the burning piles of bodies in act 5? Thank you so much for working on optimization <3
"
Firestorm wrote:
WOW... so between my disconnects i could spam more skills... great.
Maybe now that you fixed that problem you have time to fix the actual client?
With the new 32bit client (from Tuesday/Wednesday) i get constant disconnects.
Make the game playable again...
What are talking about? No issues with 32bit client at all.
"
Honestly, this is the most exiting news from 3.0.

There are lots of great new things but I have to agree these are the best news so far. ;)
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Guys this is just the "Beta performance".... Think about how smooth it will be when the actual update gets released.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info