Update on Legacy league end

I just wanted to see if there was going to be an update to Legacy leagues end date? I'd really love to continue playing the league until 3.0 comes out is it going to be extended along with the beta since that is now estimated for late July/ early August?
Last bumped on Jun 24, 2017, 1:20:09 AM
They don't know. It all depends on how long their beta takes. Could be months. Could be years. They might even go bankrupt before they get it done. We. Have. No. Idea.

Rosy picture: Mid July. They patch in act 8, they patch in their MTX system that crashed the game last time they tried, and give us two weeks for hype/planning. Not likely. Don't bet on it.

Less rosy but still hopeful: Early August. Add two-three weeks to work out issues that they've been struggling with for the last six. Might happen. Even money.

Dim view: Late August early Sept. I put my money here. Aug 21 is my over/under day. They've got some major issues that they've not even announced progress on.

Dark view: They give up on 3.0 coming out and patch in a new league playing with the current patch buying them time until Oct/Nov. That comes by and they freely admit the monster has grown beyond their control and 3.0 just wont happen. Seen it. Many games in the past have ended in similar ways. Don't bet on this, but it's being tabled here as a worst case.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
They don't know. It all depends on how long their beta takes. Could be months. Could be years. They might even go bankrupt before they get it done. We. Have. No. Idea.

Rosy picture: Mid July. They patch in act 8, they patch in their MTX system that crashed the game last time they tried, and give us two weeks for hype/planning. Not likely. Don't bet on it.

Less rosy but still hopeful: Early August. Add two-three weeks to work out issues that they've been struggling with for the last six. Might happen. Even money.

Dim view: Late August early Sept. I put my money here. Aug 21 is my over/under day. They've got some major issues that they've not even announced progress on.

Dark view: They give up on 3.0 coming out and patch in a new league playing with the current patch buying them time until Oct/Nov. That comes by and they freely admit the monster has grown beyond their control and 3.0 just wont happen. Seen it. Many games in the past have ended in similar ways. Don't bet on this, but it's being tabled here as a worst case.

That's great and all but that's not really related to the topic. OP asked if they would extend the end of Legacy currently announced at July 11 since it was supposed to end with the beta, and we know the beta was just extended.
When 3.0 comes out is a whole different thing with much uncertainty.

As far as I know, they haven't announced a second extension to Legacy League.
It's very related. We don't know. Anything anyone says about "When will X happen?" needs to know what is going on. It depends on information we don't have and all we can do is blindly cling to hope or give in to despair. Each must make their own choice there.
But he didn't say "when will X happen". He said "since X is not happening, what happens with Y".

They can extend Legacy League without knowing when 3.0 will be launched.
I hope they don't extend it any further. I wanted to see it end in May or early June but nah, f*ck standard, f*ck zana mods for standard, f*ck people who wanted to finally get the gear they planned for theit standard characters... I mean people who wanted to continue to play legacy could already enter the legacy races for that, why would they extend it I don't even...

Anyway, no news so far, I just pray it will end as soon as possible. If not, then well, I will have to wait longer.
Last edited by MECHanokl on Jun 22, 2017, 7:18:19 PM
Last edited by golan4840 on Jun 23, 2017, 1:18:25 AM
Late july/ Early august/ Late september

Or

Spring 2018..
a new 2.6 league would be pretty cool. to try out those double dipping builds you always wanted to do but never did. i say let's do a 1 month flashback league!
If I were them I'd start drafting up a concept for a new temp league in the case that technical issues/bugs/balance issues are getting too out of control to fix in time for late July. I'd normally suggest just extending legacy in this case, but seeing all the salt on the forums from people after it was extended I dunno. That way there's a backup plan.

Personally I'd way rather see another 2-3 month temp league for 2.6 until sept/october then have 3.0 rushed out the door for July/August and end up riddled with issues/bugs when fully released.
Last edited by Enzymaticc on Jun 23, 2017, 8:51:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info